Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 09:59 AM

20,712 posts, read 19,355,286 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
And here we go - attacker called "lone wolf"

Quebec mosque shooting: Vigils held across Canada - CNN.com

See, exactly as I said.

When a right-wing bigot kills a bunch of brown people and/or Muslims, he's a "lone wolf" and we're supposed to pretend he's not representative of a bigger problem. But when a Muslim kills anybody, suddenly he's a "terrorist" - like "all Muslims" - and the only appropriate response is to kill them all. Typical hypocrisy.
Is his religion consistent with world domination? Is there a Katy Perry ISIS somewhere?

Did you know there was a shooting in Calgary this time last year? kept that quiet didn't they?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/01/c...gary-nightclub.

I still blame Islam for the Mosque attack. One is reactionary to the other. Paris and Berlin alone could make some people snap.

Anyway all we are going to get with this is tit for tat attacks. I have little doubt Muslims will also be attacked, especially if is becomes a prominent sub culture in the West.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:05 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
What happened was terrible, and I feel sorry for the people impacted. Clearly there are some sick people on either side of the political spectrum.

What people like you fail to understand is the existential thread radical Muslims are to our country, and this risk far outweighs a few nuts. If I could think of a policy to stop this from happening, I would support it just like I support a policy to stop extremists from coming to our country, and gather intelligence from suspicious communities. You can't have it both ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Pretty much. We'll just hear silence or a series of deflections. "But 9/11 though!!!!"

Old 01-31-2017, 10:16 AM

13,413 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean that all travel by Iraqis to the U.S. was banned, but this still did represent a "singling" out of Iraqis that was not imposed on other nationalities.

That's really my point: sovereign countries make distinctions between nationalities all the time when deciding who to admit and under what conditions.

Do I need to reiterate that I think that this specific measure by Trump is ill-advised?
No, I got ya. Sorry wasn't meaning to be brusque, but that particular piece of misinformation is particularly irking.

Cheers, appreciate the clarification.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:18 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,647,517 times
People are starting to say this is a false flag to undermine what Trump did.

I'm starting to think the same. There's been too many mix-ups in this story for no particular reason. First it was 2 muslim guys, now it's a "lone-wolf" white guy? And his argument is "he thought the violence against as belief system he disagreed with is unacceptable"? Eh something is fishy with this entire story.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 AM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

I'm starting to think the same. There's been too many mix-ups in this story for no particular reason. First it was 2 muslim guys, now it's a "lone-wolf" white guy? And his argument is "he thought the violence against as belief system he disagreed with is unacceptable"? Eh something is fishy with this entire story.
No. The initial story floated by the *media* was correct...two canadian nationals, one of french and another of morrocan descent were arrested as suspects.

The morrocan was cleared of being involved with the crime and was found to be an innocent bystander.

The canadian of french descent admitted to authorities that he was the shooter and turned himself in.

The truth is clear as day.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:24 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,171,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
I haven't heard much sympathy for Alexandre Bissonnette here in Quebec.
Good.

The sympathy I've read has been through American sites/sources/comments.

Fortunately, you don't have to deal with as much trash us Americans have to on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
I'm not even going to respond to that poster who quoted me, because the response would get me banned.

It's the same BS every time. It's sick. Gotta love the "party of personal responsibility" who blames everyone except the only one when it's one of theirs who commits the crime.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:27 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:

Mmmm, so you're saying this never happened?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,893,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Workplace violence....just ask Barry.
What are you talking about?? What "workplace violence"? What does Obama have to do with a crazy white guy shooting up a mosque in Canada?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-31-2017 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: trolling

Old 01-31-2017, 10:31 AM

7,679 posts, read 5,525,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Did you know there was a shooting in Calgary this time last year? kept that quiet didn't they?

https://www.jihadwatch.org/2016/01/c...gary-nightclub.
Good grief. I can't believe that falsehood is still going around.

When I first heard that claim of news being suppressed, it took me a mere 2 minutes to find an article about the shooting in the main Calgary newspaper:

Calgary bouncer recounts early morning shooting at downtown nightclub | Calgary Herald

What kind of idiot doesn't even check the local paper before claiming there were no articles about the shooting?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:32 AM

20,712 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:

Do you think all the fact would be clear immediately? I have no idea exactly what happened since I was not there. However reactionary violence is quite plausible. Again, did the Quebec Sovereignty Movement merely want to break off from Canada so that they could save it for immigrants?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies