Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The Presidency is not a dictatorship, dog8food, despite your doggish devotion to our new President.

Trump cannot dictate his will arbitrarily onto the nation, ever. The people, Congress, and our courts will all oppose that, and all you are seeing now is only the beginning of what is to come if he keeps up his attempts at dictatorship.

Tell that to those that suffered from Obama, Eric Holder and Loretta Lynch.
How many of Obama's EO's were found to be unconstitutional and that was with his 2 politically appointed people who's only purpose is to legislate from the bench, what the constitution should say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2017, 10:14 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
I rolled my eyes tonight when I saw the stories of protesters blocking traffic at the airport. I don't know why they think creating chaos will serve their purpose. I'm not in favor of this ridiculous Muslim ban (and it is a Muslim ban, no doubt about it), but there is a right way and a wrong way to protest. Peacefully marching on sidewalks, out of traffic lanes? Good. Getting into traffic, taking part in any kind of vandalism? Bad. Very bad.

Don't believe that all liberals/protesters are represented by the few who are being stupid.

At the same time, Trump cannot be allowed to behave this way. He signed that Muslim ban EO before anyone even knew how it was to be implemented, resulting in the current chaos at the airports. If I were in charge of an airport, I'd be up to here with his rhetoric even if I agreed with the EO!

There are residents with green cards who can't get back into the U.S. One 75-year-old woman waited nine hours to be reunited with her grandson. This is not okay, and this is not the America I know and love so dearly. One week, and Trump has already done immeasurable damage to our reputation with the rest of the world. It's absolutely sickening, and no, we are not taking this lying down. He must be stopped.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:21 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have not seen his twitter rants be wrong yet. Love it that the media cannot filter and spin , Daddy.
Really, his twitter rants are about anyone who criticizes him. He is always ranting about SNL or Meryl Streep lol Oh, I don't want anyone to filter him on twitter. There is too much there for SNL for another year at least.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Really, his twitter rants are about anyone who criticizes him. He is always ranting about SNL or Meryl Streep lol Oh, I don't want anyone to filter him on twitter. There is too much there for SNL for another year at least.
He is a God Send for the Comedy Industry, that is until he has them all relocated to a nice camp in the desert.

Old 01-29-2017, 10:23 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
There are residents with green cards who can't get back into the U.S. One 75-year-old woman waited nine hours to be reunited with her grandson. This is not okay,
Oh my! A whole 9 hours! I just took a 12 hour flight last month. Everybody on the plane looked okay to me.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:08 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Are you talking about inauguration day. I haven't seen any violence in protests since then. The women's march had 500,000 in dc and there was no violence or arrests. So what exactly are you talking about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf008xA1x1Q

Oh, and apparently you forgot about the white male who was kidnapped and tortured by anti-Trump blacks, etc.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:24 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf008xA1x1Q

Oh, and apparently you forgot about the white male who was kidnapped and tortured by anti-Trump blacks, etc.
Sorry, can't see the video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies