Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 10:34 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,086,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Trump as president isn't so funny now is it? The squeeky wheel gets greased while the others run dry. The squeeky mouse gets the cheese while the others get none. Your loud minority has gotten the grease and cheese for long enough. The forgotten men and women (silent majority) came out in droves to vote for Trump despite overwhelming media propaganda against him, dissent within his own party, and the most qualified candidates the left could muster. Trump was lambasted for months during his campagin over the muslim ban: yet he won in a landslide victory. So by all means, protest to your heart's content, it's your right. Just know that nothing short of a civil war will change Trump's mandate.

Civil war?

What good would that do the dems?

What are the dems going to use for guns?

The dem states have disarmed their citizens more or less.

When the dems invade the rustbelt with Gov Moonbeam leading the charge we will unleash a rain of hellfire on them from our machine guns. They had better stay at home, figure out how to confiscate the rest of their guns to stay out of trouble and pick flowers for their next homosexual wedding.

Play it safe dems...this is not the 1800's.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:26 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
That has nothing to do with it and you know it. The list of "countries of concern" is Obama's list. He created it, not Trump.

Do your research. Or, is it your purpose to lie and mislead?

Of course, you're in liberal California that seems not to want to deal with your own "immigration" problem, that of illegals crossing the border (via tunnels, etc.) and register illegally to vote because CA allows anyone with a drivers license to vote, and a driver's license can be obtained without having to show proof of citizenship.
You have to register to vote, getting a license doesn't automatically register ineligible people.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:30 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I was at SFO protesting tonight with thousands of other people out to voice our anger at the president's ban. There were people unsure about the status of their loved ones. I came because I felt obligated as the child of 2 immigrants and the parent of 2 adopted children that were born overseas. I owe it to my family and to my friends whose faith is being singled out by a ruthless, divisive govt.

We were in the long international arrivals hall and we cheered passengers as the left the big security doors and into the public area.

As a result, I had the opportunity to speak with some people arriving on flights from all over the world and whenever able I asked the following question:

"What do people in the part of the world you just arrived from think about President Trump and the United States since he took office?

A common theme in the responses quickly emerged: Our image is being tarnished very quickly. They are losing respect for the United States specifically because of Donald Trump. We are a laughing stock in much of the world except it's not funny.

Imagine that, such a great and noble nation toppled by a clownish buffoon.

I kept thinking about this...
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."-Emma Lazarus

And when they get off the boat they go through a long process on Ellis Island and some will be sent back to where they came from at out discretion. You have to tell the whole story if you tell it. People need to know there never has been open borders.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
They're adjusting to dealing with an America that is back to normal, America-First policy. We have our own problems to solve at home. Let the rest of the world solve its own problems.
It is about this and all over the world people all over the world are worried that Trump is holding the purse strings and maybe not as willing to give our money away and let people in as we have been. So far I like the changes being made. We keep getting kicked in the teeth for our generosity. It is about money. Most things are.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:35 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,241,838 times
Trump can only bring the U.S. up in the estimation of the world, after Obama.

As to open-door immigration, the faster we can shut the door to ALL immigration, the better--let alone, immigration from groups likely to commit terrorism (or spawn children who will commit terrorism).

The last thing we need is more people competing for jobs and lowering wages/benefits, more children to fund a very expensive public education for (especially those who speak other languages), more people who need "support" money to survive once here, and more people needing health care (that the taxpayer will fund since it is too expensive for even most workers).

As to our history, America only started practicing "open door immigration" in 1965--and right after that time, the working class started to lose ground. During the vast majority of America's history, including the period when the most prosperous working class in human history arose, we practiced VERY strict immigration policies that largely limited immigration to places that produced hard-working, intelligent and upwardly mobile people.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Please. What you mean to say is "the world is terrified that the United States won't pay for their policing/defense anymore, and won't laugh it off when they flood our country with criminals and terrorists."

What countries should I be concerend about?

--The European countries who are collapsing in real time economically, and giving in to extreme right wing parties after growing tired of watching their women being raped by Muslims?

--The European countries who are still delighted with their women being raped by Muslims, and are tickeld with "no go" zones due to the Islmisc scum they have allowed to infest their countries?

--The Muslim countries in which Jihad, terrorism, pedophilia, murder of gays, rape of women and murder of raped women is the norm?

--China with its massive human rights abuses, saber rattling, intellecutal piracy, environmenal destruction?

--Mexico that floods our country with poor illegals and expects us to take care of them as they hypocritically torment South Americans border crossers on their Southern border, and lecture us about human rights?

--Openly and proudly racist Japan?

--Dependent South Korea, who occasionally protests us after we left 30,000 dead defending them against North Korea?

--North Korea?

--Free rider Canada, dependent on OUR military and the Monroe Doctine?

--Russia?

Please. They can one and all **** off.

Those that want Uncle Sugar to keep protecting them, will have to pony up money. Those that want to flood our country with criminals, narcos and terrorists are completely out of luck.
Some good points here. I bet most protesting the wall don't know that Mexico has its own wall on its own Southern border to protect itself.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:37 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
My husband said if you don't like this country, you are welcome to leave. It's a privilege to be here and not a right.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:38 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
The Trump cult can dismiss the 'liberals' as snowflakes and rabble rousers if it makes them feel better.

This country is descending into chaos as we knew it would under a crazy person who has appointed a Breitbart guy and Omarosa as his assistants. Oma-****ing-rosa! She is an idiot.

Crowds are still demonstrating in other countries at this moment.

We can only hope for a military coup at this point.

Trump is, frankly, too much of a douchebag to rule this country.

He is not respected by the majority of the country and world, and things will go downhill quickly.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:40 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Trump's doing an excellent job! America is so proud of him.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
I'd take in a refugee before a Deplorable, that's for damn sure.

Every second Gump occupies the Oval Office, our country becomes weaker. This man is a human punchline.

The Ringling Bros won't be missed with this circus clown in town.
Deporables are self sufficient and don't need taking in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies