Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 03:20 AM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times

Advertisements

China owns a chunk of our national debt.

Chine is busy making trade deals with Mexico.

China is working to get their currency backed up with gold.

Just saying.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:27 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I was at SFO protesting tonight with thousands of other people out to voice our anger at the president's ban. There were people unsure about the status of their loved ones. I came because I felt obligated as the child of 2 immigrants and the parent of 2 adopted children that were born overseas. I owe it to my family and to my friends whose faith is being singled out by a ruthless, divisive govt.

We were in the long international arrivals hall and we cheered passengers as the left the big security doors and into the public area.

As a result, I had the opportunity to speak with some people arriving on flights from all over the world and whenever able I asked the following question:

"What do people in the part of the world you just arrived from think about President Trump and the United States since he took office?

A common theme in the responses quickly emerged: Our image is being tarnished very quickly. They are losing respect for the United States specifically because of Donald Trump. We are a laughing stock in much of the world except it's not funny.

Imagine that, such a great and noble nation toppled by a clownish buffoon.

I kept thinking about this...
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."-Emma Lazarus

Of course you were, how else would a liberal spend a weekend other than protesting things that don't concern them?

One week down, 207 to go. Try and pace yourself. Eventually you'll want to protest something that actually affects you but it'll get blown off as another meaningless meltdown.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:31 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,625,222 times
Seeing the 9/11 hijackers were all from Saudi Arabia where is that ban? Oh! That's right Trump has a Hotel there.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:32 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
China is teetering on economic collapse. I woul dnto expect you to know that. Try going to REALCLEARWORLD and reading some articles rather than just depending on the Huffington Post and MSNBC.
because its economy is growing at only 6.7% in 2016? That is indeed disastrous. When was the last time US economy even grew at 2.7%?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:33 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Seeing the 9/11 hijackers were all from Saudi Arabia where is that ban? Oh! That's right Trump has a Hotel there.
except that is hardly the reason. The reason is the US is always a shameless ally with Saudi Arabia since WWII.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:36 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
The Differences:
First, Obama responded to an actual threat — the discovery that two Iraqi refugees had been implicated in bomb-making in Iraq that had targeted U.S. troops.

Second, Obama did not announce there was a ban on visa applications.

Third, Obama’s policy did not prevent all citizens of that country, including green-card holders, from traveling to the United States.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...obama-in-2011/
You don't consider the events in Europe over the past few years a threat?
Is your idea to wait until somebody plows a semi through a 4th of July parade then inact this ban?

Did you really read the text of the executive order, compare it to Obama's, then protest or did you simply run out and protest because all your friends were doing it? (That was rhetorical, I already know the answer)

Do all liberals think like a herd of sheep or do some of you actually put your own thoughts together all on your own?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:38 AM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Quote:
"What do people in the part of the world you just arrived from think about President Trump and the United States since he took office?

Why does anyone care about what people who aren't even American think?

Old 01-30-2017, 03:44 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
The United States was an "international laughing stock" under Obama. It isn't anymore. Our allies are happy to see a strong leader once again.

Additionally, President Trump's E.O. derives from Barack Obama's list of "countries of concern" and his ban in 2015. You are misleading people with false information. Trump did not create the list, Obama did.

The rise of ISIS and the resulting increase in terrorist attacks in Western countries including our on (California, Florida, Ohio, etc.) make this necessary if we are to protect our citizens from such attacks. It was the right thing to do.

People whose ideology seeks to harm our country, our freedom and our way of life are not welcome here, and should not be allowed to enter. This is entirely Constitutional. We have the right to set the terms of admittance to our country.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:46 AM

11,655 posts, read 12,950,547 times
You're right, OP.

The liberals are making it a laughing stock.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:49 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Actually the state I come from is one of the 18 states that pays more in federal taxes than it gets in return so Im already accustomed to lending a helping hand to less fortunate states.
Anyone that lives in San Francisco or its surrounding areas is mentally diseased.

Even refugees won't live there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies