Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:26 AM

13,284 posts, read 7,330,443 times

Advertisements

The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies

This kind of reminds me of that time when ships full of fleeing jewish people from Germany ended up back in germany sent to gas chambers when turned away by America. I think back how racist America was in the 1940's but I guess things never change people just hide their racism more.

The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies | History | Smithsonian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:27 AM

30,653 posts, read 18,255,332 times

Old 01-30-2017, 12:30 AM

2,320 posts, read 1,871,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies

This kind of reminds me of that time when ships full of fleeing jewish people from Germany ended up back in germany sent to gas chambers when turned away by America. I think back how racist America was in the 1940's but I guess things never change people just hide their racism more.

The U.S. Government Turned Away Thousands of Jewish Refugees, Fearing That They Were Nazi Spies | History | Smithsonian
well actually I think people are not hiding their racism anymore- I for one, am taking note. I think its better to see who the racists are. These times won't last forever.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:30 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Already been brought up in many post. Did the jews kill over 3150 Americans screaming "Ala Akbar" over a ten year period. If they did we would have some form of equivalency.

As we know, most Muslims are killed by more violent Muslims in the Middle East. Did the Jews kill each other in a similar manner at that time?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:31 AM

37 posts, read 35,513 times
I don't agree with trump's policies but i do support his muslim ban.Muslims have a violent culture and it is not welcome in america.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:39 AM

27,664 posts, read 16,156,388 times
What ban on muslims?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,124,578 times
A) There is no ban on Muslims. This is no different than what Obama and Carter did.

B) Jews were not responsible for thousands dead by terrorist attack in America and her allies as are Muslims, so vetting is highly appropriate.

C) Barrrack Obama was a traitor for putting "refugee" needs above our safety.

D) It is this kind of idiotic hyperbole that has led your party to the brink of extinction, so keep going! I love it.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:52 AM

If people who happen to be Muslims are vetted the same way as anyone should be why ban them based on religion or country they come from? I support vetting of anyone who comes to our country just because they are Muslim should not matter. If someone is coming here to do harm he can just learn to speak English without an accent fly to a non banned country get a passport from that country look at the 911 attackers were mostly Saudi Arabia citizens what would stop them from just going home to Saudi Arabia get a passport from there . Why bother with any of that when you can convince American Citizens to attack remotely through the internet like the Boston bombers, San Bernardino attack none of those would have been stopped by Trump.

I know Muslims from Iraq they are normal American's they don't even practice Muslim religion they are sick of violence and living in fear lucky for them they are citizens now came here long time ago. Nothing Trump did would have stopped all the attacks we have had since 911.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:55 AM

31,083 posts, read 22,113,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
If people who happen to be Muslims are vetted the same way as anyone should be why ban them based on religion or country they come from? I support vetting of anyone who comes to our country just because they are Muslim should not matter. If someone is coming here to do harm he can just learn to speak English without an accent fly to a non banned country get a passport from that country. Why bother with any of that when you can convince American Citizens to attack remotely through the internet. The Boston bombers, San Bernardino attack none of those would have been stopped by Trump.

I know Muslims from Iraq they are normal American's they don't even practice Muslim religion they are sick of violence and living in fear lucky for them they are citizens now came here long time ago. Nothing Trump did would have stopped all the attacks we have had since 911.
And apparently nothing Obama has done has reduced the number of attacks on us. I thought he was appeasing Muslims including the militant Islamist, guess not

"I know Muslims from Iraq they are normal American's they don't even practice Muslim religion they are sick of violence and living in fear lucky for them they are citizens now came here long time ago."
Had a Professor like that and a couple of co-workers, totally Secular. I have an Aunt that converted because of her husband and she wears a stylish head covering, she's moderate but thinks she Pakistani now. The full Niqab wearing variety is something that has just been happening over the last 15 years. Their not quite as bright as their predecessors. I'm an Aerospace Engineer for a big Multi-National and I haven't seen one Burqa wearing woman yet.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 01-30-2017 at 01:04 AM..

Old 01-30-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And apparently nothing Obama has done has reduced the number of attacks on us. I thought he was appeasing Muslims including the militant Islamist, guess not

"I know Muslims from Iraq they are normal American's they don't even practice Muslim religion they are sick of violence and living in fear lucky for them they are citizens now came here long time ago."
Had a Professor like that and a couple of co-workers, totally Secular. I have an Aunt that converted because of her husband and she wears a stylish head covering, she's moderate but thinks she Pakistani now. The full Niqab wearing variety is something that has just been happening over the last 15 years. Their not quite as bright as their predecessors. I'm an Aerospace Engineer for a big Multi-National and I haven't seen one Burqa wearing woman yet.

So this is Trumps way of doing something? I think Obama's foreign policy in the middle east was a disaster starting with Libya. Obama and Clinton were directly responsible for ISIS, and Syrian civil war.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies