Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 05:06 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

The oh so caring left never felt this way for homeless and Veterans but they do feel so sorry for refugees.

Amazing what propaganda can cause!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 05:08 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The oh so caring left never felt this way for homeless and Veterans but they do feel so sorry for refugees.

You can refer to the starbucks news story of hiring 10,000 refugees, as well as airbnb offering to house them for free, not including homeless or vets.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:14 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,651,114 times
Damn. I'm going to have to get me some Starbucks this week.

Old 01-30-2017, 05:16 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,504,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Damn. I'm going to have to get me some Starbucks this week.
You would.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:29 PM

29,507 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Oh, by the way, that Starbucks thing about hiring refugees is a sham. Typical style over substance.

When the CEO highlighted his plan, it was simply to hire refugees in 75 countries. It didn't say, hire 10,000 refugees in America.

And another thing, in regards to America, the only thing the CEO mentioned in relation to that, was that refugees who served as translators for American military would be hired. As pointed out in my thread about this, the US government has a pathetic track record of issuing visas to our terps who risked their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. There's hardly any such refugees to start with in America, let alone enough to hire for Starbucks.

What good does that do at all, since the issue the CEO is symbolically rallying against is Trump's policy of a travel ban to the US, against those from 7 nations at most risk of harboring Islamic terrorists. His policy isn't helping anyone at all in America, refugee or not.

Yeah that'll show Trump and show what a great guy I am.

What a condescending fool.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:32 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
The left dislikes the military and all those in it.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:34 PM

4,510 posts, read 5,048,411 times
Quote:

And they don't offer as much help to vets as they do foreign refugees !

Old 01-30-2017, 01:34 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,843,045 times
Quote:

In m opinion, our Veterans shouldn't have to work, unless they want to. I think they should be paid and treated like rock stars. When I see a homeless vet, I feel so sad and angry. If I could take one home, and get him or her back on their feet I would without thinking about it.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:38 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:

Yet another poster that refuses to do their own research.

https://www.starbucks.com/careers/veterans

https://news.starbucks.com/news/star...litary-spouses

Starbucks' new perk for military vets: free tuition for kids - Nov. 9, 2015

For those who don't want to believe the "propaganda" from Starbucks:

"Employees wore the company's familiar green aprons -- but with a twist. Instead of sporting only Starbucks' corporate logo, the aprons were embroidered with the wearers' names and a "spouse" or "veteran" title.

That labeling, Starbucks officials said, is one of the things that helps make military family stores special. The company plans 30 of these locations nationwide, and they are meant to act as a base camp for military community members to intersect with the civilian community.

They also help the corporation get closer to its goal of hiring 10,000 veterans and military spouses by 2018."

Starbucks Family Stores Focus on Vet Hiring, Community Connection | Military.com

"The Starbucks Foundation and Schultz Family Foundation announced today their support of the annual No Child Sleeps Outside campaign by Mary’s Place. Together with other businesses, they are joining an unprecedented effort to mobilize the community, and contributing over $3 million to provide safe emergency shelter for the estimated 500 unsheltered families in King County, including hundreds of children. "

https://news.starbucks.com/news/no-c...e-announcement

And even though they refused to ever admit it, Obama's programs helped a lot of veterans and their families:

"On November 9, 2009, President Barack Obama signed Executive Order 13518, Employment of Veterans in the Federal Government, which establishes the Veterans Employment Initiative. The Initiative is a strategic, yet very straightforward, approach to helping the men and women who have served our country in the military find employment in the Federal Government. "

https://www.fedshirevets.gov/about/index.aspx

Of course, many of those people have likely been fired by Trump, but whatever, right?

"First Lady Michelle Obama announced yesterday that numerous technology and energy companies have committed to hire or train 90,000 veterans and military spouses in the next five years as part of the Joining Forces initiative."

https://www.defense.gov/News/Article/Article/604517

So, want to try again, OP?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:42 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,657,742 times
The organization that hires more veterans than any other is the Federal Government. The federal government gives first preference to veterans on all job offers. Only if there is no qualified veteran to take that position does it go to a civvie.

Donald Trump has frozen all federal hiring, thereby freezing out thousands of veterans from getting a job with the government they defended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies