Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2017, 02:03 PM

778 posts, read 336,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Twisting my words, nice
I didn't twist your words. I asked for clarity based on your words. If you do not concede that the "choice" is human, just say so, don't deflect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 02:05 PM

9,732 posts, read 9,691,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
So you want all children to be born, but then don't care if they have food, healthcare and basic needs met?

You make no sense.
That is the responsibility of the mother and father, not the government.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why would any religious woman of faith who wants abortion banned let you know she got an abortion? It's her secret she knows she doesn't need to share with the rest of the world.

Many women who have had abortions, either by force of a parent or boyfriend or under their own volition have shared that they have had an abortion. Contrary to popular belief, there are young girls and women who are forced, against their will, to undergo abortions and part of the healing involves taking about the event and working through it. What does being religious or faithful have to do with sharing a painful experience?

There are also women who voluntarily underwent abortions and regretted their decision or felt deceived about abortion and don't feel that others should not hear both sides of the issue.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:07 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,470,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
That is the responsibility of the mother and father, not the government.
You just magically think that a poor parent can somehow NOW land that well paying job to do it themselves, it's a fantasy.

The reality of taking assistance away from the poor as well as forcing them to keep the kid, either they end up homeless, or someone starves to death

Old 01-30-2017, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
When they fertilize a rack of eggs for IVF and then toss em in the freezer are those all human lives?
I would say that if you are describing an egg from a human woman that has been fertilized by human male sperm, then it is definitely a potential human life. We all know that a fertilized egg can be miscarried.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:14 PM

Quote:
We I do not agree that a fetus is a viable child in early pregnancy. So your argument in that regard is invalid. I always encourage young, single moms to consider abortions. It certainly is the easier option. But I also realize, that it is their right to choose, which avenue they want to take.
I never claimed that a fetus in early gestation is "viable," but that does not make it any less human or mean it has any less potential than any other living human being with a heartbeat.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:16 PM

19,737 posts, read 11,980,290 times
Quote:
How do you prevent them from doing so? And is life enjoyable if you have to force someone to stay put? it is not healthy for a child to be forced to deal with a parent that thinks his life is ruined by the child.
Your ex husband should be financially responsible for his children, whether they ruined his life or not. Visitation rights have nothing to do with it, the children do not have to see him.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
anti choice never address this problem.
I am not "anti-choice" I believe in choosing life and choosing to parent the child or to allow for the child to adopted. How is that "anti-choice'? Is giving life not considered a choice to so called "pro-choice" advocates?

Oh, and PS - answered that question.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I am going to say that most of the people having intercourse today, are doing it strictly for enjoyment and not procreation.
I would agree. That doesn't change basic biology or the overarching purpose of sexual intercourse.

Just because a "majority of people eat for pleasure" does not dismiss the overarching purpose of eating is to sustain life, not to enjoy the taste of food.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:20 PM

36,013 posts, read 30,534,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
And there have been 50MILLION abortions since 1973. What's your point.

Are you saying that every one of those children should have been aborted? Are you saying that none of those children in foster care should have an opportunity to reach their potential, whatever that potential may be? Because, if those children were born after 1973, when abortion was legalized, then their parents could have "safely and legally" stopped their heartbeat if they had wanted to.

Why do you see life as something that results in happiness or else that life should be stopped before entering this world?
The statement was made that there are thousands of families waiting for a child. One presumably that would be aborted. Yet there are at least 400,000 children out there without a home and no family that wants them. So I'm refuting that there are thousands of families out there waiting to adopt a child. Do the math.
What I see and apparently what society in general is moving towards or would like to see is everyone having a higher standard of life. Not just monetary, that's a plus as well and helps to rule out some of the negative aspects but perhaps a stable two parent home with job security, adequate medical care, healthy food, access to a good education for, etc. Its not about happiness but lessening the chance a child will be born into a situation where one or both parent isnt ready to become a parent, doesn't want to be a parent, cant handle being a parent, cant afford to be a parent. Where the child will end up neglected, more susceptible to poverty and crime and perhaps even abuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies