Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:48 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
Please explain the logic. You have a group of individuals that want abortion to be illegal. They want planned parenthood (birth control to low income) to stop being funded, and the same group, are the first to tell a single mom that should not have had kids, she could not afford.

Life does not work that way. You can't take away someone's ability to prevent an issue, but then blame them when they have an issue.

Seriously, someone please explain the thought process because it really makes no sense.
There is no logic. "They" want to control women's bodies like "they" once did and then punish them if they mess up.
I'm pro choice and I understand people have different views on abortion than I do but IMO its logical to make preventative BC and sex education free and easily available to prevent anyone finding themselves in a position to need an abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 09:50 AM

1 posts, read 654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Personal responsibility, try it.

because personal responsibility works so well in all facets of life. Just like "responsible" gun owners, drivers, police, politicians, etc. It's goes on and on.

Dont get me wrong, im for personal responsibility, but i realize we live in reality and not some fantasy land. IT'S GOING TO HAPPEN, and a lot!

You cant preach the "personal responsibility" rhetoric . It just doesnt work.

ohh, yeah, and only liberals have kids out of wedlock. Give me an Fn break.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:50 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
I'm all for personal responsibility. If someone is pregnant and doesn't want to be a parent, they have a personality responsibility to do something about it. Getting an abortion IS being responsible. I think some pro-life folks think people use abortions as birth control. I find that hard to believe.

My friend's girlfriend in college became pregnant. Her BC failed due to another medication interfering with the BC. She was being responsible by having an abortion. If she had given birth, she would have had to drop out of college and get a low paying job. My friend and her are married and happy now. She works in biotechnology.

How nice for them. Some couples would have had the baby and made it work.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:51 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There is no logic. "They" want to control women's bodies like "they" once did and then punish them if they mess up.
I'm pro choice and I understand people have different views on abortion than I do but IMO its logical to make preventative BC and sex education free and easily available to prevent anyone finding themselves in a position to need an abortion.
Best answer... I could not agree more. Now if we could only prevent the illogical people from being allowed to vote.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:52 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,709,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Yeah, because having a job is more important than having a life.
What kind of life would the mom, dad, and baby have if both parents are working minimum wage?

Don't we constantly hear complaints from conservatives about welfare, minimum wage workers complaining? They sure don't care about that "life" once the baby is born.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:52 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Quote:
I was married when I became a parent. He was able to walk away, terminate rights and we have not seen him in years. I grew up when I had a child. His life was ruined and he decided parenting was not for him. I live for my kids and have taken responsibility for them.
I don't believe that men should be able to just walk away either, but that is exactly what the culture of abortion has done: it has alleviated men from the responsibility of taking care of their offspring.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 AM

21,096 posts, read 19,703,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
What kind of life would the mom, dad, and baby have if both parents are working minimum wage?

Don't we constantly hear complaints from conservatives about welfare, minimum wage workers complaining? They sure don't care about that "life" once the baby is born.
Plenty of good people were raised by parents making minimun wage. Why do you liberals think that only rich people can have good lives?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Federal funds are not used to provide abortions. Read the Hyde Amendment. Also stop believing everything you hear, no one sells baby parts. Planned parenthood performs very few abortions
You can believe that about federal funds if you want to... very naive.

House and Senate has put out detailed reports based on their separate investigations into PP selling baby parts... signed off by both Dems and Reps.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:55 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Abstinence... self-control... works every time it's tried. Life does work that way for millions of people. They control themselves and wait until they are in a position to have a baby. If a single mom has a good job and can support a child - go for it.

Just for the record - you can have your abortions... you pay for them. We are not for PP to stop being funded... but you fund it... not me.

Why don't you tell the PP people to stop breaking the law the selling baby parts?
Apparently that is fake news. It works in monasteries.

Ask Bristol Palin--national spokesperson for abstinence and two-time unwed mother.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:56 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why don't you tell the PP people to stop breaking the law the selling baby parts?
They never sold baby parts. The government has confirmed no laws were broken. Fetal material was voluntarily donated by the woman having the abortion. PP charged to obtain and transfer the material to the labs that use it.

It is no different from donating blood. I voluntarily do it, the Red Cross charges hospitals for the blood in order to cover the overhead of collecting it, testing it, and storing it until it is transferred to the place that will use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies