Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 12:42 PM

1,666 posts, read 1,017,827 times

Advertisements

He's 10 days in to his first term. They royally messed up their refugee ban and now may need to backtrack. His first overseas operation in Yemen killed 16 civilians, 8 women and 8 children...hitting a hospital and a school. It all just looks sloppy so far but I will not judge the man based on his first 10 days alone...awaiting to see the results.

I'm not impressed. Also keep in mind I didn't vote for Trump or HRC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 12:45 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
You will almost never hear a Trump supporter criticize him. After all, remember that this is the man who said he could shoot someone dead in the street and his supporters would still elect him. He was right. It's a cult. He can do or say anything, and because they have gotten to the point where their sense of self has been entirely hijacked by his rhetoric (and that of his underwriters: FOX, Breitbart, etc.), a criticism of Trump is a criticism of their very self.
Trump doesn't use rhetoric, He uses truth and does what he says. Get used to it.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:46 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am ecstatic, he has done exactly what I wanted him to do. I would love to see an honest poll of trump voters to see his approval ratings among his supporters, I bet they are through the roof !

All these polls and unhappiness and protests are coming from the losers of the election?
I am unhappy with the idea of Tariffs. Very unhappy, this I know will not work, I am dead against this and history shows us it will have negative results.

That said, everything else he has done is very good. In fact, I am surprised. I figured he would go the Obama route and start doing unconstitutional workarounds with EO/EM's, but he has stayed right in line with the focus of it and left that outside of his purview to Congress (ACA).

So far, I approve but unless he has an ace up his sleeve on this Tariff talk, I do not see anything good coming from it and NO, I will not accept "paying more" for "America", that is as stupid as saying "paying taxes is patriotic". If Americans can not compete without getting handouts(or fixing the markets), then it isn't worth a damn.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:47 PM

1,302 posts, read 683,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump doesn't use rhetoric, He uses truth and does what he says. Get used to it.

He looked 1.5 million croud in his take of power.... if he is not lying he is stupid.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:56 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonso_Castillo View Post
He looked 1.5 million croud in his take of power.... if he is not lying he is stupid.
Huh? Can you translate please!

Old 01-30-2017, 12:58 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Except in this very thread are self identified Trump voters who voiced concern over one thing or another or to use your asinine terminology "Spoke against the leader". You might have saw some of them if you had actually read the thread.

Reading a thread before posting as though you know what you are talking about is always a good idea as well...
I read it, and none said they are disappointed. Like I said, those who are disappointed go quiet.

Why are you having such a hard time with this?

Old 01-30-2017, 12:59 PM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
I am ecstatic, he has done exactly what I wanted him to do. I would love to see an honest poll of trump voters to see his approval ratings among his supporters, I bet they are through the roof !

All these polls and unhappiness and protests are coming from the losers of the election?

still the majority--

Old 01-30-2017, 01:00 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91
I think he has done a good job so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Can you be more specific? What exactly has he done?
He could squeeze out a nasty fart and they would say it was "good".

Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
I'm deplorably happy with President Donald Trump

Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,987,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't like Sessions as the AG pick. I agree with the temporary immigration/refugee ban but agree with others that he was hasty with it. I think he focused too much on crowd sizes and other petty things. Otherwise, so far so good. B+ for his first week.
I disagree. Sessions is a excellent AG that will restore LAW AND ORDER to the United States. Something that has been clearly missing for the past 8 years. He also has a tough stance on Illegal immigration which would be beautiful once he starts suing these sanctuary cities violating federal law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies