Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 10:56 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,474 times

Advertisements

I was not aware this happened:FLASHBACK: When Liberals Opposed Refugees and Orphans | The Daily Caller

If this is true.........Its worse than what Trump is trying to do........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 10:59 AM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
And ol moonbeam led the charge too.

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Obama suspended immigration from Iraq when the FBI uncovered evidence of terror suspects having slipped through, not really the same as what Trump has done.

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Nothing new. Liberals are the most hypocritical in the world. They want you to do as they say, not as they do.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:00 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
I was not aware this happened:FLASHBACK: When Liberals Opposed Refugees and Orphans | The Daily Caller

If this is true.........Its worse than what Trump is trying to do........
This and more. Obama and his disciples had 8 years to rack up. We will have to wait and see but so far, yes.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:03 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Nothing new. Liberals are the most hypocritical in the world. They want you to do as they say, not as they do.

Nah, can't even challenge the hypocrisy of conservatives who claim to stand for less go ernment and less government spending but grow government and spend like drunken sailors when it suits their agenda, their hero Reagan being a prime example.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:10 AM

24,461 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post

That is so true. The Liberals I know are the biggest Hypocrites. They won't even consider that Obama and Jimmy Carter both had similar bans like Trump is doing.

We have to think about this. The Boston Marathon bombers were refugees that sought and were given asylum plus welfare by the good folks of Boston. The older brother traveled several times back to the country that he supposedly had fled from and we later found out why. He was learning to build bombs.

These 2 losers killed 3 people and injured several hundred others 16 of whom lost limbs in the explosions.

They were refugees, they were muslim, they were radical and they had green cards.

Trump wants to keep us safe from such people.

Old 01-30-2017, 01:26 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,013,474 times
?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:31 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is so true. The Liberals I know are the biggest Hypocrites. They won't even consider that Obama and Jimmy Carter both had similar bans like Trump is doing.

We have to think about this. The Boston Marathon bombers were refugees that sought and were given asylum plus welfare by the good folks of Boston. The older brother traveled several times back to the country that he supposedly had fled from and we later found out why. He was learning to build bombs.

These 2 losers killed 3 people and injured several hundred others 16 of whom lost limbs in the explosions.

They were refugees, they were muslim, they were radical and they had green cards.

Trump wants to keep us safe from such people.
Sigh...not a liberal but neither Obama nor Carter banned entrance of people to this nation from multiple countries at the same time who had not recently been determined to have caused this nation any harm.

Both of their actions were reactionary against specific instances and with specific nationalities.

Trump just willy nilly picked 7 countries and said those people couldn't come. He gave no specific instructions or processes and it was unnecessary for him to do. Syrian refugees also have done nothing of harm in this nation.

I think it is interesting considering the Boston bombers were mentioned above that Russia was not placed on the "ban" list. I also find it interesting that Trump supporters want to say it was "Obama's list" yet Obama never banned people in those countries. Also saying it was "Obama's list" IMO means Trump can't come up with his own list which IMO should include Russia based on the Boston Marathon bombers and the countries where the 9/11 hijackers came from and Pakistan.

Whenever I start a new job, I audit what my predecessor has done as most of the time I was hired because my predecessor didn't know WTH they were doing and I have to clean up a mess. Trump campaigned on the idea that Obama was a poor president and that he was going to clean up Obama's mess and "drain the swamp." Why would he now choose to use information left from Obama to base his own EOs on?

Old 01-30-2017, 01:34 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,555,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Sigh...not a liberal but neither Obama nor Carter banned entrance of people to this nation from multiple countries at the same time who had not recently been determined to have caused this nation any harm.

Both of their actions were reactionary against specific instances and with specific nationalities.

Trump just willy nilly picked 7 countries and said those people couldn't come. He gave no specific instructions or processes and it was unnecessary for him to do. Syrian refugees also have done nothing of harm in this nation.

I think it is interesting considering the Boston bombers were mentioned above that Russia was not placed on the "ban" list. I also find it interesting that Trump supporters want to say it was "Obama's list" yet Obama never banned people in those countries. Also saying it was "Obama's list" IMO means Trump can't come up with his own list which IMO should include Russia based on the Boston Marathon bombers and the countries where the 9/11 hijackers came from and Pakistan.

Whenever I start a new job, I audit what my predecessor has done as most of the time I was hired because my predecessor didn't know WTH they were doing and I have to clean up a mess. Trump campaigned on the idea that Obama was a poor president and that he was going to clean up Obama's mess and "drain the swamp." Why would he now choose to use information left from Obama to base his own EOs on?
Actually Obama willy nilly picked those same 7 countries and declared them "Countries of concern".

You probably missed that because the MSM certainly won't tell you about it because it doesn't fit the narrative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies