Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 10:51 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,248,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Perhaps you will appreciate my story as well...

My father recently passed away, and we decided to only have immediate family attend the service, mostly because of the challenge of the larger group of friends that my mother didn't want to deal with. The one exception is a dear friend of my mother's who my mother asked us kids if it would be alright if she be the only friend invited. Of course we obliged as whatever my mother wanted was our primary goal.

Day before the service, this friend of my mother's advised she could not attend the service, because she had a Trump political function to attend.

We all knew she was a Trump supporter, but the general feeling was, really? I mean even if her passion was such to attend a Trump function instead, at least not let that be known! She sent flowers instead...

Don't know what to tell conservatives in these regards, because they are on the "dark side" as far as lots of people are concerned! It is not by any means just the artists, the students, the CEOs of companies like Starbucks! The list is long, and something of a "hornets nest" poked with Trump's election. Hate to tell you, but if you've been having stomach problems over the media or the actors speaking their minds at awards shows, you best stock up on lots of Milk of Magnesia, because I suspect you have seen nothing yet as compared to what is still to come the more Trump does his thing...
it's not just the media and the actors speaking out...what makes me both sad and angry are some of the liberals acting out....here's a list
1. When I see young kids rioting b/c their candidate lost, that to me is be/c they are looking for a reason to riot and wouldn't give a hoot who was elected.
2. When I see human beings physically hurting each other over this
3. When I see my family go to war over this
4. When I see a gal, who in fact I was close with, very close, and when she decided she was going to vote for Hillary, she started pulling away...she sits aside of me, and not once, have I spoken in Trumps defense, or, talked with others about him...but every single day, (and she knows I can hear her) she not only comes in and speaks about how awful Trump is, and what idiots voted for him...but, she also, has pulled away to the point she doesn't talk with me any longer, boy does that hurt.
5. I'm not totally sold on Trump but I'm glad he's in, and won, but honestly, I'm afraid to be happy about it for fear of how others who voted for Hillary would hold that against me.

Most of the time I'm very independent and don't care...but then there are times, when I hear this stuff, it really cuts deep...and is upsetting.

I mean, we have a family reunion coming up this year, as every year, but this year, I really for the first time do not want to go...and those in my family who are dems, have distanced themselves from me...very very sad....
And if Hillary would have won, I can tell you, to me, their political affiliation wouldn't sway me....I wouldn't care....
I'd feel like, it is what it is....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 02-03-2017 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
OP...I don't get it? Fascist dems have run Hollywood for pretty much like ever? This is not news. Hollywood is the homosexual capitol of the world.

The only deal now is the fascist dems are working overtime to bring down America by collapsing the stock market and repopulating America with illegal aliens s fast as humanly possible. Once they destroy the stock market... they will point to Trump!
Did you stop taking your meds?

Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it's not just the media and the actors speaking out...what makes me both sad and angry are some of the liberals acting out....here's a list
1. When I see young kids rioting b/c their candidate lost, that to me is be/c they are looking for a reason to riot and wouldn't give a hoot who was elected.
4. When I see a gal, who in fact I was close with, very close, and when she decided she was going to vote for Hillary, she started pulling away...she sits aside of me, and not once, have I spoken in Trumps defense, or, talked with others about him...but every single day, (and she knows I can hear her) she not only comes in and speaks about how awful Trump is, and what idiots voted for him...but, she also, has pulled away to the point she doesn't talk with me any longer, boy does that hurt.
5. I'm not totally sold on Trump but I'm glad he's in, and won, but honestly, I'm afraid to be happy about it for fear of how others who voted for Hillary would hold that against me.

Most of the time I'm very independent and don't care...but then there are times, when I hear this stuff, it really cuts deep...and is upsetting.

I mean, we have a family reunion coming up this year, as every year, but this year, I really for the first time do not want to go...and those in my family who are dems, have distanced themselves from me...very very sad....
And if Hillary would have won, I can tell you, to me, their political affiliation wouldn't sway me....I wouldn't care....
If I may, you are apparently confused about more than just a few things...

Hard to think what time or effort it might take to fix all the misguided notions you have about Liberals, but here's a quick attempt with what little time I have before I need to sign off.

The people rioting do NOT represent liberals any more than people who take to violence at a sporting event represent all the people at the sporting event. Take my sister for example, who marched on behalf of women's rights. Just because while she is walking in protest someone decides to pick up a bottle and throw it at the police, does NOT mean that bottle thrower represents the larger group of PEACEFUL women's rights protesters. Right?

Same with all the other you seem to ignore just because there are those bad elements, "bad apples" that might hi-jack such a protest or political rally or music event! Conservatives, like you too it seems, can't seem to focus on the primary most important question. Why are all those people out there and protesting peacefully in the first place? All it seems you can think about or focus upon is the unfortunate violence that may occur as well. That's something like a person who can only see the thorns on a rose bush and not the flowers...

No peaceful Liberal (and that is the great majority of us) wants to see anyone get hurt or anyone's property damaged. Understand this and maybe you give yourself a chance to understand all the rest you don't understand about Liberals.

Last edited by LearnMe; 02-03-2017 at 11:42 AM..

Old 02-03-2017, 11:27 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,602 times
And in other news... Water is wet!

Old 02-03-2017, 11:33 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:

Most people do not know this, but that is why they ruined or tried to ruin Mel Gibson and he went off the deep end while drunk and swore at them and then only told some made up story...but, they refused to get involved with his movie..."The Passion"
You guys always try to blame everyone but yourselves.

Mel Gibson got "ruined" for the same reason that the majority of the country, and the world, does not support Donald Trump.

That reason is for the words that CAME OUT OF HIS MOUTH. That you people try to spin a consistent spew of hate into something different is mind-boggling. Gibson is, by any measure, the number one reason that Gibson is "ruined".

Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,291,563 times
Quote:

Remind me, who's the snowflake?

Old 02-03-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:

You pretty well need to also understand how most Liberals (maybe most people), including me, view your position...

If you are not against Trump, you are for him. I asked a rather Liberal nephew of mine if he had any Republican friends (like I do), and he rather emphatically if not proudly said no! He went on to say he doesn't want any Republican friends. A bit harsh of course, but the stronger one feels about their convictions, the stronger their feelings against those who don't share them. He told me it is a matter of morality...

I also have a father-in-law who is very conservative, and he feels so strongly about his political convictions, he can't talk about them without getting emotional/upset, unless perhaps he is talking with someone who thinks just as he does. The list goes on and on as to how people are able to discuss these differences of opinion (or not) for all variety of reasons.

I have been at this a long time, and I have found it is very rare to speak with someone who can engage in a discussion about politics (or religion) in a cool adult fashion. This is in fact one of the reasons I turned to this forum, where rather than talk over one another, later claiming this or that was said, hearing nothing, the black-and-white of what is written is there for the record, and each can comment in whatever turn they like, as they wish, without interruption. In a forum like this one, I can scratch my political itch a bit without concern about feelings before I get on with the rest of my day.

Ultimately it is not that we differ in opinion that is the problem, though that can be problematical when it comes to personal relations/exchanges. The issue is WHY we differ in opinion. People like me object to your thinking/opinion because you think Trump is doing better rather than worse for America. Those of us like me who have children, care about their future, care about what America is and/or should represent, are having an AWFULLY hard time coming to realize so many people can be enamored or approving of someone like Trump.

To my mind you might compare that to how I would feel about anyone who admits to being a racist or a sexist. To what extent am I supposed to be understanding, tolerant, accepting or patient with anyone like that? No less, in any case, than we agree we should have tolerance for people who decide to turn violent at an otherwise peaceful protest...

Old 02-03-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
LearnMe You pretty well need to also understand how most Liberals (maybe most people), including me, view your position...

If you are not against Trump, you are for him. I asked a rather Liberal nephew of mine if he had any Republican friends (like I do), and he rather emphatically if not proudly said no! He went on to say he doesn't want any Republican friends. A bit harsh of course, but the stronger one feels about their convictions, the stronger their feelings against those who don't share them. He told me it is a matter of morality...
yes, it sounds harsh and sad....b/c I love my cousin's...and never ever thought this would happen, but they probably feel the same way? Don't know?

Quote:
I also have a father-in-law who is very conservative, and he feels so strongly about his political convictions, he can't talk about them without getting emotional/upset, unless perhaps he is talking with someone who thinks just as he does. The list goes on and on as to how people are able to discuss these differences of opinion (or not) for all variety of reasons.
yes, my brother-in-law was a staunch republican, hated liberals, they were all no good....and I used to try to explain, perhaps you don't like their politics, but that doesn't make them terrible people...they don't all think alike and they are not all extremists....he even got thrown out of a public coffee house b/c he used to get so angry with people. Mean, actually. I gave up...

Quote:
I have been at this a long time, and I have found it is very rare to speak with someone who can engage in a discussion about politics (or religion) in a cool adult fashion. This is in fact one of the reasons I turned to this forum, where rather than talk over one another, later claiming this or that was said, hearing nothing, the black-and-white of what is written is there for the record, and each can comment in whatever turn they like, as they wish, without interruption. In a forum like this one, I can scratch my political itch a bit without concern about feelings before I get on with the rest of my day.
I came here to learn more about politics and how things work...but get frustrated when people make those blanket hateful comments...also, needed a thought outlet as well....meaning, get advice, and write down thoughts...there have been many people here in this forum who not only own a productive intellect, but are extremely insightful. I take a lot with me from here and think about it.

Quote:
Ultimately it is not that we differ in opinion that is the problem, though that can be problematical when it comes to personal relations/exchanges. The issue is WHY we differ in opinion. People like me object to your thinking/opinion because you think Trump is doing better rather than worse for America. Those of us like me who have children, care about their future, care about what America is and/or should represent, are having an AWFULLY hard time coming to realize so many people can be enamored or approving of someone like Trump.
for me, the jury is still out with Trump...I'm not totally convinced, but really didn't trust Hillary for many reasons....I do have a child, and a grand child...and I care as well...I'm very proud of my son, actually always wished I could be more like him...and I don't enamor easily...he is extremely tolerant, and is able to look at both sides of the coin, they have done impressively well with their daughter...are they perfect, no, but I am proud of what they have accomplished generally, in all phases of their lives.

Quote:
To my mind you might compare that to how I would feel about anyone who admits to being a racist or a sexist. To what extent am I supposed to be understanding, tolerant, accepting or patient with anyone like that? No less, in any case, than we agree we should have tolerance for people who decide to turn violent at an otherwise peaceful protest...
Well, I'm glad we were able to discuss this and thank you for taking the time...greatly appreciate.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:15 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,723,556 times
Quote:
Top 30 Hollywood Republican Celebrities: A Newsmax List

This has been true for a good many years now.

I know someone in the business, and he told me, that Hollywood can be more political than Washington, which is true, b/c if your a conservative and they know it, it's pretty hard working yourself up to the top.
also, they can blackball you in a heartbeat and they pretty much pic and chose who gets what.

Most people do not know this, but that is why they ruined or tried to ruin Mel Gibson and he went off the deep end while drunk and swore at them and then only told some made up story...but, they refused to get involved with his movie..."The Passion"

He is highly seen as a controversial actor, bigot and trouble maker. They did the same to Sean Penn years ago....and I might add, both Gibson and Penn are very powerful actors...but sadly, as most people do, if you speak up against their political affiliation, they will getcha....and Hollywood does.

I'm told by my friend, it's a tough game out there, just as I'm told by many Christians, it can be a lonely walk in life, doing the right thing, even if it is unpopular.

today the world is so screwed up...due to liberal thinking....

Maybe a great way to explain it is, what does liberal mean?

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems. Liberals abandon tradition, and are open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values, even if it means breaking laws....evidenced in today's world. They do not value our laws...and make them up as they go. And now they are amiss, with this new President who was elected...you say no to them and they're gonna getcha, regardless.

This all came about from liberal parenting and never saying no to a child growing up....

Hollywood inter-weaves their beliefs in movies...and always have....TV was once a wonderful tool, now being over taken by Media and their liberal ideas, and we all invest in them one way or another by not knowing what franchises they own and sell...

Anyway, just food for thought

after seeing how liberals have been acting over the years, I will never vote for another, and feel pretty much the same for republicans, although I am a registered independent, quit conservative.

Hollywood is majority liberal because they don't want to be judged for the racism, sexism, rape of their employees.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
we are most likely the same age, I could even be older. if sean was blackballed we would have some record of it, he is not the kind of man that would keep quiet about the experience.
I didn't mean to come off curt, and if I did, I apologize, you may very well be right, however, I seem to remember that it happened...there was a lot of press over something, and then he wasn't in a whole lot of movies any longer....so? But I seem to remember something happening with him...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies