Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 11:27 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm so glad I didn't watch the award show even though I got to see some of the clips of the nut case speeches.

Right now we are doing more different things than watching these liberals so in a way these liberal nutcases made us go back in time when we did more stuff with family members and friends, than watching TV and movies.

It is actually better time spend and we already cancelled come channels from our provider and some boxes to record as we had like 3 recordable HD boxes which is now reduced to one. Great saving and we don't want to watch the garbage anymore as it was getting more difficult to take the person apart from the role these actors play or when they host a program.

Shark Tank - deleted

Movies with Meryl Streep- DiNiro, etc. deleted

Music - Madonna, Katie Perry, etc....we switch the channel.

Tickets - Barbra Streisand...we skipped buying tickets when she was in Tampa last November even though we used to be huge fans (just to avoid a political rant on stage while spending money to watch her sing)

Award shows - skipped!

your lack of participation will be felt deeply in Hollywood's pocket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 11:29 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
The primary issue with The Passion of the Christ was that Gibson had the audacity to portray the Jewish leadership as being the primary cause of Jesus's death, which by most accounts, is what happened. That violated the accepted PC narrative which is that Pilate just decided out of the blue one day to crucify Jesus.

As far as Hollywood being liberal, my response is that water is wet.
I'm sorry but I didn't want to say what the problem was with Gibson, but you are correct....
he was a very powerful actor who went into directing, and the Passion he basically funded on his own...

it's always over a difference of opinion, when in all actuality, no one really knows....

But, they did, they blackballed him, he got upset, went on a drinking binge and walked out in public shouting profanities at them...they tried to ruin him.

If you don't play the game, you don't get anywhere....

Same with woman, much harder on them.

And in the end, their world's are much different....out of touch with reality and what is really going on out there....

Old 01-30-2017, 11:30 AM

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Being liberal is a good thing. It represents tolerance and welcomeness, and is the philosophy and ideology that lets people be the most free to be who they are with the least interference (as long as their freedom behavior doesn't interfere with others' rights). But "Hollywood" is not a monolith. It's just one of several main places where movies and tv shows are made, consisting of many different types of people.

It makes sense that entertainers are more tolerant than far righters, since they work with many different kinds of people from all over the world. They often travel a lot and see the world, meet others in different countries. They are likely to be more sympathetic to refugees, since they are more apt to have actually met some than far right people. Other than that, they are much like the rest of us.

There are some far righters in entertainmnet. I would rather watch a movie with Ryan Gosling, who is probably liberal, because he's a great actor, cute, and a genuinely nice person who has never publicly said anything bad about other groups of people based on race, religiion, or gender or age. I'd rather watch a Gosling movie than a Mel Gibson movie, who is a far righter, because of the horrible things he has said about others because of their race and religion.

But Gibson still gets a LOT of work in Hollywood. As does Kelsey Grammer, a conservative. Liberals are generally more tolerant of others than others are of liberals.

Why do you care what they are, anyway? They aren't politicians. Are you that intolerant that you insist that everyone in the world be like you are?

People in the south are more apt to be conservative, less tolerant of others, more interfering in others behavior, and seek to force others to behave in defined conservative ways. They are more apt not to like foreigners. (I'm a southerner.)

Vive la difference, huh? We live in a melting pot country. I would think you'd gotten used to that by now. My ancestors came here in the 1700s. French. Escaping religious discrimination, I think. We're a melting pot here. Isn't that great?

Last edited by bpollen; 01-30-2017 at 11:39 AM..

2,790 posts, read 1,644,265 times
The loudest ones are all A-listers, and some are just jumping on the bandwagon to be with the popular group and to get mainstream media approval, but I've always wondered how many who are keeping quiet are conservative or who disagree with the division Hollywood is causing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
btw OP sean penn is not conservative and mel is up for an Oscar for his directing this year. i
yeah, I'm talking many years ago, and I didn't say that Sean Penn was a conservative...

I find it amazing how you can read something and put your own words or comprehension to it.

Sean Penn, many years ago became very vocal on subjects and was indeed blackballed for a long time.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
The loudest ones are all A-listers, and some are just jumping on the bandwagon to be with the popular group and to get mainstream media approval, but I've always wondered how many who are keeping quiet are conservative or who disagree with the division Hollywood is causing.
ahhhh yes, you might have a very good point there....

a lot of people are no longer vocal about their political affiliation. People are afraid of liberals.

Speaking of which I was told by someone who lived in CA that every time during election year, they'd have republican signs go missing again, and again and again.

I had a girlfriend tell me once, there is nothing more dangerous than a left or right wing extremist and I'm actually seeing it....scary...and from both sides....

Old 01-30-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
the upsetting thing is, that our colleges teach it...and encourage our kids to believe in it...

Old 01-30-2017, 11:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Top 30 Hollywood Republican Celebrities: A Newsmax List

This has been true for a good many years now.

I know someone in the business, and he told me, that Hollywood can be more political than Washington, which is true, b/c if your a conservative and they know it, it's pretty hard working yourself up to the top.
also, they can blackball you in a heartbeat and they pretty much pic and chose who gets what.

Most people do not know this, but that is why they ruined or tried to ruin Mel Gibson and he went off the deep end while drunk and swore at them and then only told some made up story...but, they refused to get involved with his movie..."The Passion"

He is highly seen as a controversial actor, bigot and trouble maker. They did the same to Sean Penn years ago....and I might add, both Gibson and Penn are very powerful actors...but sadly, as most people do, if you speak up against their political affiliation, they will getcha....and Hollywood does.

I'm told by my friend, it's a tough game out there, just as I'm told by many Christians, it can be a lonely walk in life, doing the right thing, even if it is unpopular.

today the world is so screwed up...due to liberal thinking....

Maybe a great way to explain it is, what does liberal mean?

Liberals believe in government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all. It is the duty of the government to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights. Believe the role of the government should be to guarantee that no one is in need. Liberal policies generally emphasize the need for the government to solve problems. Liberals abandon tradition, and are open to new behavior or opinions and willing to discard traditional values, even if it means breaking laws....evidenced in today's world. They do not value our laws...and make them up as they go. And now they are amiss, with this new President who was elected...you say no to them and they're gonna getcha, regardless.

This all came about from liberal parenting and never saying no to a child growing up....

Hollywood inter-weaves their beliefs in movies...and always have....TV was once a wonderful tool, now being over taken by Media and their liberal ideas, and we all invest in them one way or another by not knowing what franchises they own and sell...

Anyway, just food for thought

after seeing how liberals have been acting over the years, I will never vote for another, and feel pretty much the same for republicans, although I am a registered independent, quit conservative.
Which of these liberal ills top the list of evils for you? Just curious.

Interesting that you throw Sean Penn in with Mel Gibson. Mr. Penn is about as liberal as they come.
Among the issues that I recall people having with him were allegations of spousal abuse. Should he have gotten a pass for that?

As for Mr. Gibson, he is an anti-Semite. His shunning has more to do with the fact that many of those working in Hollywood are Jewish.
But facts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
No, b/c it is fact!~
I imagine that a lots of these people would be amused to find themselves referred to as liberals -
Bruce Willis
Dwayne Johnson
Sylvester Stallone
Tim Allen
Kurt Russell

Newsmax's 50 'Most Influential' Hollywood Conservatives

Old 01-30-2017, 11:39 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Hollywood and religion...

Not only is it fairly obvious in which direction the arts and/or artists tend to lean when it comes to politics, for many varied reasons, I think the predominance of one particular religious following over another is fairly obvious as well. Muslims obviously control "the Industry."

Just wanted to add to the nonsense that began this thread, and just as quickly, I'll depart now...

Old 01-30-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
bpollen Being liberal is a good thing. It represents tolerance and welcomeness, and is the philosophy and ideology that lets people be the most free to be who they are with the least interference (as long as their freedom behavior doesn't interfere with others' rights).
It can be with some people, and I'm sure your correct, lest we forget, I voted for Obama in his first term...but what I'm seeing presently are people who are liberals who are nasty, and want to ignore laws for convenience.

Quote:
It makes sense that entertainers are more tolerant than far righters, since they work with many different kinds of people from all over the world. They often travel a lot and see the world, meet others in different countries. They are likely to be more sympathetic to refugees, since they are more apt to have actually met some than far right people.
and that can also be a good thing, but....

Quote:
Why do you care what they are, anyway? They aren't politicians.
I have been a movie buff since a child, and never have I seen liberal ideas shoved down the throats of so many people, like I have in the past 8 years and especially now...

Quote:
People in the south are more apt to be conservative, less tolerant of others, more interfering in others behavior, and seek to force others to behave in defined conservative ways. But they aren't politicians, so why would you care about that?
being conservative doesn't mean your less tolerant of others...conservatives believe in law and order for the success of a society....society cannot continue otherwise, eventually it will be their demise, to live liberally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies