Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 08:51 PM

39,843 posts, read 26,477,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Did you come to that conclusion when Mr. Bush...another Harvard man was in the White House and got a bunch of troops killed for nothing?

Or only after the black dude from Harvard got to the White House?

Lemme guess....SMH.
Let me guess? You don't hold Obama to the same standard as GWB, right? The troops that died under his 8 years of war mean nothing? Seems a bit ironic that the OP throws out GWB and Bannon as Harvard grads but manages to ignore Obama's degree, doesn't it? No, no bias there at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 08:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
what are libs so scared about him having a position on the NSC and an assistant to Trump? Can they just admit they don't like him because he is not a leftist?

They hate him and want him gone, because this is the guy that knows immediately when a fast one is being pulled(investigative reporter inside stuff), politically. Bannon has the spy network that will keep the limp wristed snowflakes honest, if that is possible. Or they will be handed to Jeff Sessions for a discussion about the evidence presented.
The dude has NSA at his finger tips.......

Rut-Row Shaggy!

Old 01-30-2017, 08:58 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,582,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Are we supposed to be impressed by his credentials? Because I'm not.

Wasn't Bush an Air Force Pilot? Hell...did that inform his decision making on Iraq? Look at what a disaster THAT was.

Bush went to Harvard and Yale too. Iraq was STILL a disaster.

Bush was trained to fly fighter planes as a reservist. Then, when he got orders to report for active duty, he ignored them and somehow managed to dodge any repercussions for that. Of course, no one would suspect that his being the son of a U.S. congressman, had anything to do with that.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:00 PM

928 posts, read 1,100,947 times
The guy is very clearly an alcoholic. You see it in his puffy face, blood shot and baggy eyes. Having grown up with an alcoholic parent, I know exactly what they look like. So if you trust an alcoholic to keep you safe, then best of luck!!!

Old 01-30-2017, 09:16 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
The guy is very clearly an alcoholic. You see it in his puffy face, blood shot and baggy eyes. Having grown up with an alcoholic parent, I know exactly what they look like. So if you trust an alcoholic to keep you safe, then best of luck!!!

Oh it is real easy to slander & defame someone's character behind the keyboard. Trump hates drunks..... So, I don't see Bannon lasting as long as he has, if your libel accusations were even remotely true.
Go wrap your fantasies around reality someplace else, where you have a chance at convincing your fellow snowflakes a little better.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:17 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
This forum is hopeless. It consists primarily of two things:

1) Trashing "liberals" and
2) Licking Trump's boots (doesn't matter how insane the logic; the important thing is to lick Trump's boots)

Case in point: Steve Bannon

"Lenin," he answered, "wanted to destroy the state, and that's my goal, too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today's establishment."

If Obama had a right-hand person state such a thing, there would have been right-wing revolt. But not for Trump: he could someone in the street and they'd still vote for him, remember?

Insanity.
^^^ Nailed it. Sadly, cannot rep you atm.

My theory? Trump-ites like to fantasize that they're the Golden One themselves. Rich beyond all imagining, beautiful women at their beck and call (or at least at their grab), mansions a-plenty - and power. Lots of power to do whatever they want, grant favors to their worshipers, and vindictively go after and destroy those whom they fantasize have done them harm.

Especially those who are Other - female, minority, non "Christian" (of course, Trump is hardly Christian himself in his actions or knowledge of the teachings of Christ, much less as a follower of Christ), foreigners, scientists, park rangers, professors, actors, writers, members of the press, political adversaries, "liberals" - in short, anyone who threatens their pitifully fragile self-image and delusions of wisdom and power.

Never mind that it takes considerable gas-lighting, denial, self-deception and ultimately self-harm to maintain these delusions - those who cherish them will cling as if it's their greatest treasure, and they will not be budged.

Not sure why I even try sometimes.

But try I will.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:36 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Let me guess? You don't hold Obama to the same standard as GWB, right? The troops that died under his 8 years of war mean nothing? Seems a bit ironic that the OP throws out GWB and Bannon as Harvard grads but manages to ignore Obama's degree, doesn't it? No, no bias there at all.
I'm not the OP.

Old 01-30-2017, 11:40 PM

67 posts, read 51,928 times
yes and also he's a nutjob

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCVvc2hNVMU

Old 01-30-2017, 11:48 PM

636 posts, read 392,423 times
Quote:
TRUMP IS A “BLUNT INSTRUMENT FOR US,” BANNON TOLD VANITY FAIR LAST SUMMER. “I DON’T KNOW WHETHER HE REALLY GETS IT OR NOT.”
Is Donald Trump Just a Pawn in Steve Bannon

Old 01-31-2017, 05:31 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,717,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Given how intelligent he is, it seems a little strange that he was behind an EO
Is there evidence to support this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies