Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 02:56 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,296,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
I am asking thinking, rational, good-hearted people who actually see what is going on.

Lol...no you don't. You just want a bunch of lefties to jump on the Trump-bashing train.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2017, 02:56 PM

15,853 posts, read 6,922,107 times
Yes, a little bit. Saudi and Pakistan should be on there too.

Trump has business interests there. do you think it was just a random concidence?

Do you worry cost of good will go up if the 20% tariff comes to pass?

Nope It doesn't work that way.

OK. Tell me how it works. Why are corporations and businessmen protesting? Do you read the Wallstreet Journal?

But voting is a gamble. You cannot really put 100% confidence in the president.

But did you think Steve Bannon will replace more experienced people in the Security Council? Do you think it matters?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:57 PM

8,645 posts, read 11,017,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
all politicians
to be fair, trump is now a politician. It would be curious how much he can accomplish. He is rattling the status quo.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol...no you don't. You just want a bunch of lefties to jump on the Trump-bashing train.
So that is how you define Lefties : Thinking rational people?

Old 01-30-2017, 02:58 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,462,460 times
It's the violent intolerance of the left, such as this episode in Portland, that worries 95% of America.

The video speaks for itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf008xA1x1Q

Old 01-30-2017, 02:59 PM

2,617 posts, read 1,342,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The only scary thing I see in America these days are the crazed intolerant leftist loonies resorting to violence, attacking innocent people, setting stuff on fire, doing what they can to make it miserable for the other 95% of America.
You do realize that very, very few liberals are actually doing that, right? It has been greatly exaggerated in right wing media.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:00 PM

30,195 posts, read 23,608,007 times
Quote:
I know there many here who have no problem with the consequences of any of the acts that Trump has set off in the short time. They are just in heaven right now.

But at least some of you must be worried?
Do you question why the list of countries banned has excluded Saudi Arabia that gave us 9/11? Pakistan where Osama was caught and killed? Or do you truly believe they just used Obama's list because, you know, they just admire him so much and follow all his instructions?
Do you worry cost of good will go up if the 20% tariff comes to pass?
Do you worry what is happening to your health insurance if Obamacare is repealed?
Do you worry perhaps you made a mistake voting for Trump?
Do you worry that he has no idea how to manage this governance thing and leaving it all to Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway and Kushner? Is that good enough?

Where are those people?
Nope.

Not worried at all.

Lefties, here's a clue: Suggestion speak doesn't work on us like it does little children and the left. Telling us that we worry doesn't make us worry. Telling us that we feel (whatever) doesn't actually make us feel that. Saying, "You're worried, here's why" doesn't make us think, "omg, I am worried!"

Following it up with this:

Quote:
I am asking thinking, rational, good-hearted people who actually see what is going on. It is possible of course that such people did not in fact vote for him.

you do not have to respond since you are so happy.
Is trying to make someone believe that if they aren't worried, they are not "thinking, rational, good-hearted" people. Cripes, you can learn this bs in Psychology 101.

That manipulation tactic only works on feeble minded people. Save your energy.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:00 PM

3,770 posts, read 6,721,061 times
Quote:
Yes, a little bit. Saudi and Pakistan should be on there too.

Trump has business interests there. do you think it was just a random concidence?
He may have not included them for economic reasons. If Trump is safely do business there, then so are others.

Old 01-30-2017, 03:01 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,499,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
You do realize that very, very few liberals are actually doing that, right? It has been greatly exaggerated in right wing media.
Maybe only a few liberals are doing that but the vast majority of the liberals are advocating violence every time they speak!

Old 01-30-2017, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
That's a lot to worry about this early. So the answer is no.

I have things I hope will happen. One is that we will involve ourselves less in the wars in the middle east, including supplying weapons. Another is that I'd prefer there was less focus on building a wall (not that I don't think boarder security should be strengthened), but I'd like to see some of the focus put on making us less of a magnet for illegal immigration, by implementing nationwide e verify and punishing employers.
If it too early, what is they go ahead and budget for the wall? Do you know more people were deported when Obama was president than at any other time? So it can be done without a wall.
Trump is already talking about strengthening the military which means production of weapons and selling them to other countries. One of the things Obama is blamed for is he refused to get involved in wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies