Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2017, 09:28 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,509,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes. 1865.

The Confederate States of America (now part of The United States of America) was invaded by military forces and destroyed.
Was it a coup? Or a conquest?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:41 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Was it a coup? Or a conquest?
Some here do not know the difference, yet they speak as if they do, ignorance is usually very obvious to the educated.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Yes. 1865.

The Confederate States of America (now part of The United States of America) was invaded by military forces and destroyed.
Learn the meaning of words and read some actual history, then post.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
You must be joking.

The vast majority of the military, police officers, and gun-carrying citizens support Donald Trump.

We're actually being very merciful to the left by letting you whine and scream every day.
Oh my, I bet everyone should be so really scared. You really have no idea who your fellow Americans are, maybe you will get a lesson in the not too distant future. We having Fun yet?

Old 01-30-2017, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scend57 View Post
Those lone-wolf/psycho type shooters don't count (and both sides have the odd gun-toting nutcase every now and then). I was obviously referring to combat-ready, trained, well-armed fighting ready males (police, military, SWAT types, rural farmboys, militia guys, etc). The left is obviously DWARFED by the right in terms of military/fighting capability.

Right side has all the real men, just that ALONE is a huge advantage in any conflict
Never been to Texas have ya, lots of gun totten Liberals here, I am one of them and as well trained as anyone, heck I used to teach LEO's how to shoot in Colorado and in the Military around the globe. You guys really have no idea who your fellow Americans are, years of licking up the koodaide fed to you has that effect. Be very careful what you wish for, no one is immune to war, not you, not I and not our families, war is always ugly, that is why those that have seen it first hand do not rush into it.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:54 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,243,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
Or will Trump's takedown be the first?
The unhinged left have become increasingly comical. I have to say, you guys are keeping us entertained.

Old 01-30-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
The unhinged left have become increasingly comical. I have to say, you guys are keeping us entertained.
Keep laugh, Millions are not.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:21 PM

18,160 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Keep laugh, Millions are not.
. Well, if these millions are also thinking a military coup, that is aimed at bestowing power on these protester types and the anti Trump brigade, is possible, even probable, I'll keep laughing. What does history teach us about military coups? If you took away that ANY such coup has had a benevolent motive of giving power to those with humanitarian motives from any history lesson, I'd say that was a very revisionist class. Uh huh, some MALE general or admiral is going to direct his forces to seize power, and is being motivated by a political faction that is bent over women's and minority rights?

In addition this faction also wants to completely gut the military, and relegate it's mission to a more "humanitarian" role, wants to throw open the country's borders, openly advocates for the cause of an enemy the military has been trained to fight, has always disdained the military in general actually, and the military is going to seize power on that factions behalf? You guys have the Joint Chiefs secretly stacked somehow? Maybe have that level of support that widely spread through the rank and file?

The idea of a military coup that supports the ideals you espouse is beyond ludicrous. Even hypothetically. So I'm going to laugh uproariously. Unabashedly. If the military actually did stage a coup in the US it wouldn't be benevolent. No military coup has ever been that way. Unless you actually relish the idea of what happened to Cuba happening here (which you might IDK) seems like a military coup would be an undesirable thing. In such a situation these protests and marches being staged would hardly be supported by the military. They would be obliterated, the leaders rounded up and immediately executed.

Honestly, you guys scare me. Far more than Trump does.

Old 01-31-2017, 01:29 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,662,429 times
two chances of a military coup

Fat & Slim

take your pick!

Old 01-31-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
. Well, if these millions are also thinking a military coup, that is aimed at bestowing power on these protester types and the anti Trump brigade, is possible, even probable, I'll keep laughing. What does history teach us about military coups? If you took away that ANY such coup has had a benevolent motive of giving power to those with humanitarian motives from any history lesson, I'd say that was a very revisionist class. Uh huh, some MALE general or admiral is going to direct his forces to seize power, and is being motivated by a political faction that is bent over women's and minority rights?

In addition this faction also wants to completely gut the military, and relegate it's mission to a more "humanitarian" role, wants to throw open the country's borders, openly advocates for the cause of an enemy the military has been trained to fight, has always disdained the military in general actually, and the military is going to seize power on that factions behalf? You guys have the Joint Chiefs secretly stacked somehow? Maybe have that level of support that widely spread through the rank and file?

The idea of a military coup that supports the ideals you espouse is beyond ludicrous. Even hypothetically. So I'm going to laugh uproariously. Unabashedly. If the military actually did stage a coup in the US it wouldn't be benevolent. No military coup has ever been that way. Unless you actually relish the idea of what happened to Cuba happening here (which you might IDK) seems like a military coup would be an undesirable thing. In such a situation these protests and marches being staged would hardly be supported by the military. They would be obliterated, the leaders rounded up and immediately executed.

Honestly, you guys scare me. Far more than Trump does.
What the F are you talking about? What ideas do I espouse, can you name them? Please point out where I ever said there was going to be a military coup, or where I suggest one is needed now, or that I suggest one has ever happened here in the US. Either you are very confused or simply needed to rant, either way tell it someone that thinks you are honestly debating anything. Good Day

Last edited by Casper in Dallas; 01-31-2017 at 02:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies