Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Destroying todays establishment and reinventing it is not necessarily a bad thing.
I will grant you that, but I'll also say it's not necessarily a good thing. In fact, it's showing to be a bad thing.

It's sort of like ACA. You may hate it (I don't, but I respect you might). If that's the case, then it's not necessarily 'bad' to repeal and replace. But if what it's replaced with is worse, then it will be bad.

Time will tell, and I hope I am proven wrong with Trump (and ACA Repeal/Replace), but so far, what we've seen is great disdain for American values, and a shut-down of the media, and silencing of all detractors. So if that's what we are replacing today's establishment, then it will be necessarily bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 07:55 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
A characteristic of right wingers is that they're very compliant followers.

Whatever their "leader" tells them is the truth. Whatever he does is correct.

It's no more complicated than that. And it's so easy to observe in their comments on this forum.

What is Trump doing, that we the Tea Party/alt-right, didn't elect him to promote and accomplish?
Sit down, shut up, and hold the Fk on! You are in for a wild ride. It will be so much fun, you'll get back in line for another ride.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:02 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
The "end result" of what Bannon wants is autocratic rule over the American people. It's not like it's a secret; his demented point of view in this regard is fully documented. That's not an America most Americans could get behind. You are in effect finding excuses not to face the reality of who this man is, choosing instead to evade the question by resorting to vague speculation on what "Jarrett would seek."
I can't say for sure what's in Bannon's heart ....
But fact is what he wants and what he'll get are two different things.

Thanks to our system of government, Obama didn't get anywhere near the transformation he wanted.

Neither will Bannon.

Trump just needs someone hearty enough to help pull the country back from the direction Obama started it towards.

That doesn't mean that Trump is Hitler....or the Antichrist..

Turn off CNN....have a beer.

Relax.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking Your insecurity is showing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
What is Trump doing, that we the Tea Party/alt-right, didn't elect him to promote and accomplish?
Sit down, shut up, and hold the Fk on!
"Trump won! Everybody shut up!"

Trumplings are so happy with their "big victory."

Quote:
You are in for a wild ride. It will be so much fun, you'll get back in line for another ride.

As I've said for months, tRump made the campaign the most fun of any in living memory. I'm confident his term in office will be more of the same. He's entertaining millions here in the US and many millions more abroad.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:05 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How many of Obamas EO were unconstitutional?
Maybe it is you that needs to keep up...
Reversing 8 years of Obamas EO's in a week, just puts us back to where we were before Obama ever took office. Wiping him from existence.

I ask again, what has Trump signed, that is unconstitutional?
What alternative existence did you come from?

8 years ago, there was not a ban on any major religion, veiled or not.
8 years ago, people weren't fired for speaking their mind, and the Pres Sec certainly didn't publicly advocate for that.
8 years ago, the government was not gathering names of all the scientist who attended global warming conferences
8 years ago, major agencies weren't working under gag orders, and under threat of being fired
8 years ago, scientific research was not stopped
8 years ago, we didn't have family members, and hardcore left or right bloggers occupying top spots in the admin, and writing legislation
8 years ago, EO's weren't written in secret, and passed before either party even got to hear about them

Really. I get it. You don't like what Obama stood for. Fine, we disagree, but you are entitled to that. It just baffles me though, that so many people have ZERO regard for American values. I am talking about the Trump Supporters by the way.

Oh, and 8 years ago, we didn't have leaders from BOTH parties criticizing a President, even when he was furthuring their agenda, but doing so illegally or irresponsibly. It's not just the "lefties". It's many on the right. Some on the far right, who recognize how out of control this has gotten.

You, and your ilk's response is no longer cute or funny. Stick to your values, but for the love of God and Country, open your eyes and pursue them responsibly!!!!!

Old 01-31-2017, 08:27 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,628,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
The "end result" of what Bannon wants is autocratic rule over the American people. It's not like it's a secret; his demented point of view in this regard is fully documented. That's not an America most Americans could get behind. You are in effect finding excuses not to face the reality of who this man is, choosing instead to evade the question by resorting to vague speculation on what "Jarrett would seek."
If what you say is true then I would think the left would love him.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:42 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I will grant you that, but I'll also say it's not necessarily a good thing. In fact, it's showing to be a bad thing.

It's sort of like ACA. You may hate it (I don't, but I respect you might). If that's the case, then it's not necessarily 'bad' to repeal and replace. But if what it's replaced with is worse, then it will be bad.

Time will tell, and I hope I am proven wrong with Trump (and ACA Repeal/Replace), but so far, what we've seen is great disdain for American values, and a shut-down of the media, and silencing of all detractors. So if that's what we are replacing today's establishment, then it will be necessarily bad.
I haven't seen great disdain for American values. There are apparently wide differences of opinion in the country at the moment on what American values are. Reasonable people can disagree.

There is no shut down of the media. The media continues endlessly to spin and spin lol. People are talking back to the media and pointing out their spinning. Way past time.

There is no silencing of detractors. We are all here saying whatever we want. People are protesting in the streets saying whatever they want. Congressional leaders are criticizing the President. People who may or may not really be federal employees are setting up fake websites of various agencies to espouse their viewpoints in opposition to the new administration. Name any detractor who has been silenced.

In truth while there has been a lot of motion and drama very little has actually happened yet.

Old 01-31-2017, 08:46 AM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Constitutionality means nothing if trump and his shadow government are executing orders without judicial consent. This is a major problem.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.f4rj0sbjw

Old 01-31-2017, 09:01 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
'Murica.
**** yeah!
ah yes the old "he is an idiot uneducated nationalist line" "murica"

YOU Magritte, are the one who is unhinged. but go ahead, I am sure it makes you feel better to think of those that don't do what you demand as ignorants who aren't capable of rational thought.

whatever makes you feel good Magritte... ittle be ok, you will be just fine. hysterics generally pass over time.

Old 01-31-2017, 09:05 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
Constitutionality means nothing if trump and his shadow government are executing orders without judicial consent. This is a major problem.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/tr...1d5#.f4rj0sbjw
hahahaha!!!!

"shadow government"

I almost heard the evil "dum dum dum" sound in the background.

seriously? shadow government"?

and "executing orders without judicial consent? you are really saying that? where were you the last 8 years when that was ACTUALLY HAPPENING???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies