Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 07:33 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I found it funny. All the projections and predictions about Trump supporters, before election night, is exactly how the limp wristed snowflakes acted when Hillary lost.
What I learned from it all... If the limp wristed snowflakes say Trump this and Trump that, it is exactly how they would handle it.
To the OP - - where else on this board will I be able to get mouth breathers' homophobia? I mean, I can't find this stuff on the gardening board.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:34 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Why come here to vent?

Why vote for president in like 38 of the states? The outcome is known long before a vote is cast?

Why not?

Old 01-31-2017, 07:39 AM

4,958 posts, read 2,234,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What is interesting is how Politics flipped with the election.

The things Conservatives complained about Obama is basically what Liberals now complain about Trump. One party defends or complains about actions that was done by the other party and vice versa.. They just put a twist on it to fit their views or party.

It's a topsy turvy world.
It's the politics of opposition. One party could pass a resolution stating the sky is blue and the other party would oppose it.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:40 AM

35,057 posts, read 31,258,424 times
I've also learned that Trump is a man of his word.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:42 AM

35,674 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Some is entertaining, some give me insight into their twisted minds- and I get to VENT openly- as I can't at work or other social media. The forum some times presents some VERY scary- opinions living inside our own walls...

Old 01-31-2017, 07:43 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
What is interesting is how Politics flipped with the election.

The things Conservatives complained about Obama is basically what Liberals now complain about Trump. One party defends or complains about actions that was done by the other party and vice versa.. They just put a twist on it to fit their views or party.

It's a topsy turvy world.

I haven't seen liberals complain about things OBama did that Trump is doing. I've seen liberals point out some of the Trumpisms were big concerns for conservatives under the Obama administration.

For example, liberals aren't complaining about the Executive Order writing....they are saying under the Obama administration conservatives were in a tail spin about the govt. being run by orders but now it is okay. That's -- um not topsy turvy -- that's just hypocritical.

I've heard conservatives say that Trump's immigration order is just like Obama's -- blah, blah...why didn't liberals get upset about them. Well because they aren't the same at all.....they did not have the end result of detaining & depriving basic rights to law abiding citizens.

I've heard, read, whatever...conservatives say but Trump got the countries from Obama's list. So to me that isn't saying it is okay to poorly executve an order because Obama was accurate in identifying 35 countries of concern.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:44 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
I've also learned that Trump is a man of his word.
Yeah that's not saying much. He said he likes to grab -- well you know. That is scary.

He also has said in the past he is pro choice, supports gay marriage.....now not so much.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
If you look at the number of posts on this forum, politics dominates. There are 191K posts.

What's the point?

You will never get the other side to admit that they are wrong.

For your side, you are just preaching to the choir.

Just look at it as entertainment.

It's amusing to hold up humor to humorless hyperpartisans.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:50 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
Some political discussions are productive. Personally, I come here to challenge my beliefs. I've been involved in political forum discussions since the late 1990s. Discussions with both those that agree and disagree with me have helped shape and evolve my political beliefs. Iron sharpens iron.
Exactly.

I have Libertarian friends who have convinced me that despite what Cheney said about deficits not mattering, it most definitely does. At this point, I think a balanced budget and paying down the national debt will go a lot farther to keeping our nation safe than disrupting the travel plans of grandmothers, toddlers, and interpreters.

However, nearly all the RW folks I know personally are looney tunes. They come to HOA meetings and carry on about the goofiest nonsense, demand the board send out violation notices for things they don't like, accuse neighbors of nefarious deeds... No way do I want to get involved in discussions with one of these whack-a-doodles. But on C-D I can read their posts without having them show up at my door swearing a blue streak.

I will admit, I don't find the butt hurt, ha-ha-ha-we-won-you-lost, shut-up-you-lost posts particularly persuasive. A great deal of misinformation is posted and many appear simply incapable of articulating a coherent thought. Some threads are like being in a bar with a bunch of dimwitted drunks.

But it is easy enough to put these folks on ignore. I suspect a lot of folks do this as every once in a while I'll run across a series of posts where someone demands someone else go ahead and list three lies Trump and Conway have told recently, followed by several posts about crickets. I suspect the OP has used the ignore function, and I smile and go on.

It can be a challenge to participate in a meaningful discussion on this forum, but they do exist.

Old 01-31-2017, 07:51 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,034,674 times
lots and lots of posts complaining 'bout libruls...so it's working
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies