Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2017, 03:05 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
That's a stretch, the kid is not disabled.

I know, MJ. I was using humor to make a point. About why we include minorities into society as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 03:22 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I KNOW right??? And WTH is with all of those wheelchair accessibility ramps all over the place? I LIKE TO CLIMB STAIRS!!! There can't be that damn many people around in wheelchairs! Why do we as a society have to change how we enter buildings? I have to walk up ramps now for goodness sake. This whole coddling to minority groups PC craziness is just about to do my head in!!!
I really appreciate you comparing beagles and box cutters.

you did a fine job of making no point whatsoever.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:31 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
The boy scouts is for BOYS & the girl scouts is for GIRLS.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:37 PM

31,909 posts, read 26,970,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post

For the record Girl Scouts have been allowing trans boys (boys who believe they are girls) into their ranks for years.

There was quite a bit of noise last year when one such Girl Scout showed up on a man's doorstep selling cookies. Guy had a "what the?" moment and then it was off to the races. IIRC when the dust settled that GS troop sold tons of cookies. Actually, Lots of People Will Buy Cookies From a Trans Girl Scout | Advocate.com

Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
Nothing is simple or logical anymore, I'm afraid. I just read that the kid does not even want to go back to the scouts now. What a waste of everyone's time.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:42 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,608,104 times
Can't wait for some entitled parent to sue Girl Scouts to let their little boy in now. Just wait. It will happen.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:46 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times
I was in the boy scouts way back then & it was great. Boys bonding with boys.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:57 PM

This issue should reach the SCOTUS soon as one or more "bathroom" cases from lower courts work their way up.

However basically with a strong push from the previous administration and or sympathetic state and or local governments gender is no longer what one has in one's trousers or beneath one's skirts; but whatever someone identifies with and or feels comfortable.

Boys who "think" they are girls are allowed to use girl's bathrooms and locker rooms in schools all over the USA. Again much of this push came from the Obama administration DOE, and it remains to be seen what His Orangeness will do on this matter. Then again as already mentioned there are the court cases....

IIRC several women's colleges already allow "trans" women to enroll as females regardless of what is beneath their skirts. They also allow "trans" men to remain as "women" even though they act and want to be men.

Am waiting for the first pre-op trans to sue the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders, The Rockettes, American Ballet Theater or some other currently all female group for discrimination if denied a place.

Old 01-31-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Can't wait for some entitled parent to sue Girl Scouts to let their little boy in now. Just wait. It will happen.

See above post.

Old 01-31-2017, 04:32 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
This issue should reach the SCOTUS soon as one or more "bathroom" cases from lower courts work their way up.

However basically with a strong push from the previous administration and or sympathetic state and or local governments gender is no longer what one has in one's trousers or beneath one's skirts; but whatever someone identifies with and or feels comfortable.

Boys who "think" they are girls are allowed to use girl's bathrooms and locker rooms in schools all over the USA. Again much of this push came from the Obama administration DOE, and it remains to be seen what His Orangeness will do on this matter. Then again as already mentioned there are the court cases....

IIRC several women's colleges already allow "trans" women to enroll as females regardless of what is beneath their skirts. They also allow "trans" men to remain as "women" even though they act and want to be men.

Am waiting for the first pre-op trans to sue the Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders, The Rockettes, American Ballet Theater or some other currently all female group for discrimination if denied a place.

Interesting you brought up the bathroom issue, I tend to be a free range thinker, reading both liberal and conservative opinions and news, which gives me a broader view of life. Today I read a piece from National Review, called A Conservative Defense of Transgender Rights. I thought it was a pretty good article.

Here is the link if anyone would like to read it.

Transgender Bathrooms -- Conservative Defense of Transgender Rights | National Review
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies