Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 10:27 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times

Advertisements

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/u...kers.html?_r=0

I never understood why LGBT folks were freaking out in the first place. Yeah, Pence said things back in the day, but Trump has ALWAYS been 100% for LGBT rights. He even held up he rainbow flag at one of his rallies.

When I went to the Womens' March in DC a few weeks ago, all these gay people were freaking out, like their rights were stripped. And I never understood why...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2017, 10:32 AM

2,232 posts, read 2,119,937 times
The gay community is going bonkers for no reason. Ignore them.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Per the article: “President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of L.G.B.T.Q. rights, just as he was throughout the election,” and "While Mr. Trump remains opposed to the right of same-sex couples to marry. . . " A president opposed to gay marriage is not 100% supportive of gay rights. The two beliefs are incompatible. My wife and I are seriously discussing the possibility of moving overseas should SHTF. She and I are members of several minority groups, and are concerned about discrimination in this bizarre political climate we are now enduring.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:34 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/30/u...kers.html?_r=0

I never understood why LGBT folks were freaking out in the first place. Yeah, Pence said things back in the day, but Trump has ALWAYS been 100% for LGBT rights. He even held up he rainbow flag at one of his rallies.

When I went to the Womens' March in DC a few weeks ago, all these gay people were freaking out, like their rights were stripped. And I never understood why...
Trump isn't the one in charge, Pence and Bannon are. And since Trump is going to get impeached, Pence will be running the show and he will attack LGBT rights.

And no, Trump is not 100% for LGBT rights. His Supreme Court picks support eliminating gay rights. In fact, Pryor supports putting gays in prison.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:38 AM

27,575 posts, read 28,673,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The only reason was 100% liberal hysteria.

There was practically nothing for all those liberal women to freak out over either. President Trump is not stripping them of any rights.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:38 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,649,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Per the article: “President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of L.G.B.T.Q. rights, just as he was throughout the election,” and "While Mr. Trump remains opposed to the right of same-sex couples to marry. . . " A president opposed to gay marriage is not 100% supportive of gay rights. The two beliefs are incompatible. My wife and I are seriously discussing the possibility of moving overseas should SHTF. She and I are members of several minority groups, and are concerned about discrimination in this bizarre political climate we are now enduring.
You know, Obama was opposed of same-sex marriage when during his first 4 years in office...

Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Per the article: “President Trump continues to be respectful and supportive of L.G.B.T.Q. rights, just as he was throughout the election,” and "While Mr. Trump remains opposed to the right of same-sex couples to marry. . . " A president opposed to gay marriage is not supportive of gay rights. The two beliefs are incompatible.
I didn't read the article. im not going to. but I do know it is a falsehood to stated that MR. Trump is opposed to the right of same-sex couples to marry.

He is on record, more than once stating that this is the law of the land. The SCOTUS has ruled on it and he does not think it should be overturned.

he was direct and clear on the point. As a candidate, Mr. Trump scolded republicans for not being supportive of gay people. period.

so you might want to look deeper before you start talking about the man not being supportive of gay people/rights.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:39 AM

1,649 posts, read 1,008,461 times
Most gay people love love love being a victim these days. We have an entire subculture of people in this country that absolutely relishes playing the victim card, and no other demographic does it better than the LGBT community. They make Llbtard college aged women look like self accountable adults.

It's really a shame because they make people like myself that aren't even religious and give no ****s about what someone does in their own bedroom dislike their community. I have a good friend that's gay, and even he get's sick of it. When my brother in-law and his boyfriend came out to the lake this summer, I thought my gay friend was going to strangle them by the end of the day. All they did for like 12 hours was inject their sexuality into every conversation, and talk about how hard they have it. Both of them have killer careers and they live in probably the most gay friendly city in the country (Seattle). I deal with these types constantly in this city. It gets old after a while.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:44 AM

778 posts, read 339,479 times
Because the LGBT, etc. activists have politicized their issues and as a result, they have to rely on the power they have given over to the government to enforce their agenda. So when the party they rely upon as enforcers are not in the majority or in the WH, they panic because subconsciously they have to know that what they have pushed for are not "rights" that cannot be taken away. If they truly believed that what they agitate for were "rights," there would be no need for them to panic.

Alternatively, those who value the 1st and 2nd Amendments tend to panic when the party in power in the government does not uphold the Constitution and fails to PROTECT those actual rights as required.

Old 01-31-2017, 10:49 AM

379 posts, read 255,271 times
Quote:
My wife and I are seriously discussing the possibility of moving overseas should SHTF.
Good!

Where ya thinking? I'd like to see if you and your wife are just as "free" and comfortable elsewhere!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies