Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 10:28 AM

15,822 posts, read 14,460,687 times

Advertisements

But the media loves chaos. Chaos gets ratings. So they'll cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And it would be over in a second if the media just ignored them protesting for a few days. Stop giving these people so much airtime.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:29 AM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Usually I thought the conservatives always made fun of liberals for being limp wristed and in skinny jeans....well, that knock out punch was pretty manly to me. Took out that burly white guy like nobody's business. LOL...
No, the snowflakes are formidable and should not be underestimated. They are like angry little tazmanian devils capable of biting hard. An irrational out of control person, even a little child can be physically dangerous.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:32 AM

15,625 posts, read 10,378,651 times
We've entered into Third World Politics, thanks to the Democrats' behavior.

"Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, the top Dems in Congress, led a raucous demonstration Monday night, as if they are community organizers. And Obama couldn’t bear the irrelevance after eight days out of office and felt compelled to encourage disruptions.

This is Third World behavior and it’s now the M.O. of one of America’s two political parties."

Democrats are becoming the party of secession | New York Post

As protests against Trump’s executive order continued in spots around the country, the recent Democratic vice-presidential candidate urged Americans to “fight in the streets” over the new president’s policies. “What we’ve got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box,” Sen. Tim Kaine told MSNBC Tuesday.

I don’t believe any major American political figure has previously urged his followers to fight in the streets!

Old 02-01-2017, 10:32 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
...even a little child can be physically dangerous.
Try to manually place an 8 pound cat in a bathtub of water. You will quickly find out what kind of strength desperation releases.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:48 AM

14,735 posts, read 15,006,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post

The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
Where were you 20 years ago? Don't blame it all on Trump, he is only part of the problem.

This chaos and unravelling was already apparent 20 years ago. It has just gradually gotten worse over the past 20 years until it's reached the point that it is now undeniably obvious and can't be swept under the rug and ignored while trying to pretend it isn't happening.

As mentioned, don't blame it all on Trump. To do so is finger pointing and making up excuses for a long-existing problem that everybody is responsible for.

All Trump has done is taken advantage of a trend that everyone else started.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:15 AM

372 posts, read 521,606 times
[quote=Dbones;47027537]The chaos is coming from who it ALWAYS comes from. Lefties and the Democrats.[/QUOTE ]

Sure, it is:

Old 02-01-2017, 11:30 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
I was there "when we were Great" and it was a near disaster. We were losing an unnecessary war and the economy was collapsing so returning veteran's could not get jobs. I want to go forward not to a disastrous past.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,922,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
We've entered into Third World Politics, thanks to the Democrats' behavior.

"Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi, the top Dems in Congress, led a raucous demonstration Monday night, as if they are community organizers. And Obama couldn’t bear the irrelevance after eight days out of office and felt compelled to encourage disruptions.

This is Third World behavior and it’s now the M.O. of one of America’s two political parties."

[url=http://nypost.com/2017/01/31/democrats-are-digging-their-own-grave-and-boosting-trump-at-the-same-time/]Democrats are becoming the party of secession | New York Post[/url]

As protests against Trump’s executive order continued in spots around the country, the recent Democratic vice-presidential candidate urged Americans to “fight in the streets” over the new president’s policies. “What we’ve got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets, fight online, fight at the ballot box,” Sen. Tim Kaine told MSNBC Tuesday.

I don’t believe any major American political figure has previously urged his followers to fight in the streets!
Apparently your idea of "Third World Behavior" is a bit skewed. In fact, the "Third World Behavior" I'm seeing is happening in the White House. To me, a "third world" country is where a leader signs an order without warning, creating chaos and panic, detaining and interrogating legal residents just because of their religion or national origin. To me, a "third world" country is when the people in power want to block the free press.

BTW, "Fight in the streets" wasn't referring to violence, of course, but I'm sure you really know that (maybe not) Again, the hypocrisy is astonishing. I remember when Sarah Palin used a map with crosshairs that targeted legislators who supported President Obama. This was a man who not only won the EC by a landslide (365 to 173) but won the popular vote by nearly 10 million. Yet the GOP did everything possible to delegitimize his presidency. According to the Secret Service, the number of deaths threats against Obama were 400% higher than in previous administrations.

Just to refresh your memory, which seems to be very selective, here's just one article from 2008.

[URL="http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27738018/ns/us_news-life/t/obama-election-spurs-race-threats-crimes/#.WJIv7YgrLnA"]OBAMA ELECTION SPURS RACE THREATS, CRIMES [/URL]

Cross burnings. Schoolchildren chanting "Assassinate Obama." Black figures hung from nooses. Racial epithets scrawled on homes and cars.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:07 PM

772 posts, read 390,218 times
Protests, chaos and fear are coming from the dems.

Personally, I feel a new hope in America.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:39 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,823,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945
At first, I did feel a lot like you do, but lately I am more optimistic and encouraged. Just look at the growing number of people who are speaking out and calling for something to be done about this madman some of us actually let loose in the WH. When have you ever seen so many people taking to the streets, unified by one cause ?
Thats true in a way. Its good so many are awake!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo
The Trumpettes don't seem to understand what's happening here. We are all seeing the very fabric of our country, our government, being torn to shreds.
Exactly Sandy,a very GOOD reply!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies