Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2017, 12:18 PM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
The crybabies didn't get what they want, so they're throwing a tantrum. That's all this is.
This exactly how the Democrats lost the White House. They didn't listen. Take heed.

1,160 posts, read 712,952 times
The media is making it FEEL chaotic. I don't believe that normal, everyday peoples' lives are in chaos - mine isnt.

Remember,

57% of people (according to Rasmussen) support the Travel ban.
60% of states voted for Trump so support his actions.
GOP House/Senate members are moving forward; it's the MINORITY (teh democrats) causing chaos.
30 million women voters DID NOT march in opposition to Trump.

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Hmmm maybe they love this country and dont like whats going on....
Yep, that must be it... well, at least between burning American flags and calling the nation racist, bigoted, xenophobic, etc... except for those times.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:19 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,946,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then I'm sure you loved being ruled over by Trump.
It's been fun so far.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:20 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
So tell me, what was wrong with our country before? At Trump's inauguration speech, he inundated us with this doomsday scenario about how horrible the country is and how only HE could fix it. Sure, our country wasn't perfect. But I think it's pretty great, and it was great before he arrived. Of course, Obama can't take the credit for it, at least not all of it. Presidents from previous administrations have done a lot, American workers, industry, technology, and our great country in general. But our country didn't need saving at all, not from Trump or anyone else. It has problems like it always does, but everyone of us has problems we need to address. And no politician will fix them, no matter what they promise.
Maybe in the bigger cities, things are fine (besides over-inflated rent/housing prices). But for most of middle America, things are not fine. A lot of people just don't have jobs. Obamacare has been good for some, but for some families and small businesses, it quadrupled their monthly premiums and it's difficult for them to covered with other companies. My brother has 5 kids and before Obamacare, he was fine, but after it took place, he was struggling to afford it because it made tripled the amount he was paying for healthcare before. Small businesses have also suffered because of Obamacare. Quality of food has worsened with the rise of GMO's and the Obama's lack of labeling foods with Monsanto. We've been outsourcing our jobs to other countries in the past 8 years, yet, are ignoring people who need jobs in our own country. We also are much more debt then we were before Obama took over. Think of it as Obama basically using a credit card for everything the past 8 years and leaving us to pay it off. We also began to start a war with Syria and have been drone striking civilians in these countries (where do you think the refugees are coming from).

I mean, these are real things that matter to people. Not in the big cities where everything is a fairy tale, but the real working class who are struggling to make ends meet. That's what was wrong and that's why Trump won. He connected with that crowd.

Hillary didn't connect with the common people. She ignored all of these issues and made things like what bathroom transgendered people pee/poop at issues, where most of the country can really care less about things like that. She also really didn't have much of a platform besides "this is why Trump is bad so vote for me". She never laid out a plan. That, and I've never seen so much "POC, LGBT, White People are bad" narrative until she started running. For most people in the nation, they don't care about those social justice issues, like where a Transgendered can pee, or what mansplaining is, or feeling insecure and offended at simple phrases like "that's ghetto". They care about having enough money to afford a roof over their heads, and to make sure their kids will have a good life and have enough saved for college.

I voted for Obama...twice. Things went well for me because I worked for them. But, I also am fortunate to live in the DC area where things really aren't that bad, so I had opportunities. For many others in the nation, things became a real problem. So yes, America wasn't really "great" prior to Trump winning for many folks in the USA.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:20 PM

5,792 posts, read 5,106,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Yep.

First thing I noticed when things got weird when they said Trump made fun of that handicapped reporter...then I dug deeper on YouTube, and they just used that pose he does with literally everyone he makes fun of with that pose/voice. He's been doing that for years.

But they're great at manipulating people. The narrative is already out. Now, every little slip up can easily be spun into something that makes him look like an a-hole.
Yes, but a 70 yo man making that gesture? Come on, grow up. A wrinkly 70 yo orange man acting like an idiotic 9 yo on a playground trying to bully a hndicap boy.....that's the cheeto we call the president? Gag.

Old 01-31-2017, 12:23 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Quote:
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
I did not vote for President Trump. However, admittedly, This is only his first week at this. Does it appear to be chaotic? Absolutely! Still, as Our President that he is, we have to give him a chance at this before declaring him inept.

I will say, his first week in office reminds me of Hagler vs Herns, Round-1. The only game plan of either Boxer was to knock the other guy out As Soon As Humanly Possible. You'll have to see it to understand.

131 posts, read 123,441 times
Things will settle down. The extremes at both ends of each party will eventually quiet down. We are not going back to Nazi Germany and there will not be any civil war. Such drama queens...

4,344 posts, read 5,797,453 times
Quote:
The entire fabric of America appears to be unravelling with each passing day,as the chaotic reign of Trump rampages through our collective sensibilities like an unloved,dreaded season.

Is anyone else feeling the tragic,dystopian regression of the United States,as Trumps repugnant reign gains unholy ground?

I think we may be headed for a revolution!! (You can hear the clicks of the roller coaster car as it slowly makes it way to the top of the peak....)

I havent ever seen this amount of seperation amoung ppl,its like they are all being controlled!! (The trump puppets) and nothing he does thats BAD will register with them as being bad.. (Like his RUDE nature towards others)
This separation has been going on for quite a while. When you have the media crying "ban" when it's a "suspension" (yes I've read it) that is causing stuff. They also like to leave out additional facts that stuff has been done previously nor do they keep an open mind to report everything correctly.
Yesterday I had a discussion with someone and when I laid out all the facts they sat back and said if the media had reported all that we would not be seeing the riots and protests we are today. If our country does have a revolution, a huge part of it will sit on the shoulders of the media who can't report things objectively.

People are on a lets protest anything they don't agree with kick. It seems like it's a fad.
Like I told friends and family on my personal FB page yesterday. Maybe I should protest against Victoria Secret because my thumb nail keep going through the fabric of my underwear or better yet protest against Samsung because they are giving those of us who own top loading washers that are on recall a hell of a time. Repair or we will give you $200 for a washer you paid $800+ for....but your washer may still explode. See how silly it sounds?

Old 01-31-2017, 12:24 PM

2,540 posts, read 3,734,534 times
To be fair, I think both Trump camp and the Trump haters are equally responsible for the histrionic we're seeing now.

Trump has never been taken seriously by anyone from the very beginning, least of all the media (no matter how much MSM would like to deny this) and the liberal crowd has never given him a chance and never will; so of course Trump would love nothing more than to show their haters who's boss. And he does it in the most 'in your face' way as possible just for spite.

The Trump haters, who still can't get past their loss, would love nothing more than to say "he's crazy, I told you so!". So it won't take much for Trump to rile them up to a frenzy. And the media is right there, egging everyone on with their 'expert opinions' on everything.

Take the immigration ban, for example. It's a fairly popular idea what with terrorist attacks happening all over Europe within the past few months - and if spun correctly with proper implementation, it would have been a non-issue. But Trump had to do it in his usual dramatic style, with no warning, no preparation whatsoever for the people on the ground who will be enforcing this new rule at airports all around the globe. So chaos ensued, as any idiot would expect. And the media and the liberal crowd took the bait like they always did, and the whole thing got overblown into the stratosphere.

People forget this is TEMPORARY BAN, from countries that most of these protesters didn't even know where they were on the map until Trump brought them up to everyone's attention. The ban will be lifted once a new vetting process is in place.

So consider me a Trump voter who's disappointed with the way he's handled this muslim ban thing. But no, I still don't regret voting for him. Like his style or not, he's fulfilling his campaign promises.

Last edited by graceC; 01-31-2017 at 12:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies