Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2017, 10:54 AM

778 posts, read 339,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
And I believe we already established that your viewpoints are a little nutty. So we can choose to disagree.
No, YOU have decided that my viewpoint is nutty because you cannot reasonably invalidate it. YOU decided it was nutty because reason is apparently too difficult a concept for you to employ when discussing an issue with others outside your echo chamber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 10:55 AM

16,825 posts, read 17,733,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
As I posted, mothers themselves have been charged with fetal homicide. Murder.
So? Not for abortion, and as I stated, read your link, many of the states provide feticide as a separate and distinct crime from homicide.

Old 02-01-2017, 10:57 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Just because you value something does not make it legal to force others to value it the same.
Right back at you... Either a mother deliberately acting to kill her fetus is homicide, or it's not. Can't have it both ways. Ethical flaw.

778 posts, read 339,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Just because you value something does not make it legal to force others to value it the same.

You are perfectly allowed to disapprove of abortion, therefore you should not have one.

The issue is you think you have the right to tell someone else that because you THINK a fetus shouldn't be aborted that they have no right to an abortion should they want one. That is FORCE.
And nowhere in any of my posts have a stated that my pro-life viewpoint in anyway forces anyone from not killing their babies if they want to.

Thanks for "allowing" me to have an opinion that you don't like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
No, YOU have decided that my viewpoint is nutty because you cannot reasonably invalidate it. YOU decided it was nutty because reason is apparently too difficult a concept for you to employ when discussing an issue with others outside your echo chamber.
Nonsense.

You have given no logical or evidence based proof that a fetus is a living, and in fact have stated that fetuses are fully formed in their entirety, at 11 weeks. That would mean fully formed systems capable of keeping said fetus alive outside the womb aka viable. That does not happen. When this is pointed out to you, you just ignore it and repeat the same thing. That is nutty.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Right back at you... Either a mother deliberately acting to kill her fetus is homicide, or it's not. Can't have it both ways. Ethical flaw.
Again read you links. Most of those laws are not aimed at the mother for feticide, in fact, many specifically state that they are crimes stemming form attempting to murder the mother.

And, ultimately, I agree with you. Assaulting a pregnant woman, and it resulting in miscarriage at any time before the child is viable, is not murder.

Old 02-01-2017, 11:00 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
The GOP platform states that it is pro-life, no where in the platform does is state that the GOP stands for denying abortion. That is you projecting your own beliefs on to others.
Pro-life means anti-abortion. Republicans know that. Don't be ridiculous.

The GOP is not advocating increasing support to care for mother and children.

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

Sister Joan Chittister

Old 02-01-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
And nowhere in any of my posts have a stated that my pro-life viewpoint in anyway forces anyone from not killing their babies if they want to.

Thanks for "allowing" me to have an opinion that you don't like!
I didn't "allow" you anything, Roe v Wade does. You're welcome.

You have stated that abortion should be illegal. Are you really going to claim otherwise?

Old 02-01-2017, 11:02 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Pro-life, like all parts of religion is about control. Without religion, there would be no control of the masses. They are particularly interested in control of intercourse. How, when, where and with who.
For most pro lifers , no. Pro life is largely about not wanting people to use abortion as retroactive birth control because , surprise!, having sex can cause one to get pregnant . Sex is great. I'm all for adults having as much sex with whomever they want and is willing all they desire . I have no interest at all in their sexual lives . But be adult about the possible consequences, and don't insist on the right to terminate a life at any stage simply because you were careless and feel this life will be an inconvenience to you .

The pro choice crowd is extremely dishonest about the motivations of the pro life crowd . I guess simply admitting that many think callously ending a life for convenience reasons is wrong puts the pro choice crowd on the defensive ethically , and so they feel the need to demonized the pro life crowd to blunt the fact that it is the pro life crowd that wants and expects adults to act like...well, adults .

Old 02-01-2017, 11:02 AM

20,720 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Post is a miss.

I'm a Republican. And pro choice.

That's why Democrats lose; they are so busy assigning beliefs to their various straw men that they have no way of understanding what is happening to them.

Second that. I am also pro choice , however liberal morons just cannot resist turning it into some form of desiring to subjugate women. Everything is sexist. everyone who does not agree with them is a monster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies