Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 12:42 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I have one dear friend who loves her Bud....boy she won't like this at all. LOL
Because she doesn't like History?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 12:47 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,020,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
St. Louis looked so welcoming and tolerant of diversity back then. What happened?
That was what I got from the commercial. How St. Louis has really changed? AB was slamming St. Louis?
Seems you've never actually been to St. Louis. Its a very diverse and welcoming city. Not too far from the Budweiser brewery is the largest Bosnian community outside of Europe. Most of them came to St. Louis as refugees in the 90s.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:48 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The state department didn't indicate there was suddenly a specific problem and they have indicated that this alienates our allies. If someone could point to one thing would make a difference in the current vetting process then I would love to hear it but just a ban at this time doesn't make any sense lacking any particular threat.

The Muslim ban was a "shock event' meant create chaos to cover up something else going on, get the dreaded media off reporting about the arrests of three Russian cybersecurity guys for being American spies, or the guy who likely leaked Trump's blackmail dossier showing up dead in the trunk of his car, or Bannon getting a permanent slot on the NSC while the Chairman of the Join Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence are now an optional members or whatever is coming next.

Bannon and Trump spent the week testing the various departments with EO to see not only how they respond but how the public responds. What can they get away with? What are they called on?

It had nothing to do with national security. There was no evidence of any specific threat and no reason to believe that vetting refugees for three years instead of two would make us any safer.

I suspect there will be something going on Sunday while everyone is focused on the Super Bowl.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:51 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

-Emma Lazarus

God I love this Country
Too bad for people like you, that poem and the Statue of Liberty never applied to illegal aliens. People going through Ellis Island were promptly sent back to where ever they came from unless they had papers allowing them in.
America is a country of Legal Immigrants, not illegal aliens. You really need to get that straight.

Old 02-01-2017, 01:27 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Most of their products are terrible who cares...some of the worst beer you can buy. Budweiser makes me hurl. Although if I ever make it to St. Louis I would do the tour. Yuengling Light is better than Bud Light and made by a company that's still American. Not to mention lots of small family breweries now that make their own beer.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:16 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Trump is going to eliminate fake pass ports?

It's part of the "extreme vetting", naturally.

Has anyone ever detailed what, exactly, will be different about this notional "extreme" vetting, as compared to the current vetting process?

Old 02-02-2017, 04:25 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
Anybody who thinks this commercial was hatched in the past couple of months doesn't know anything about the business. I'm pretty sure that this spot was in the works no later than this time last year, at least in the storyboard stage.

This was an incredibly expensive and complex spot to film. We're talking casting, wardrobe, locations, CGI, animation, pyrotechnics, stunt coordinators, built sets, a riverboat, negotiating with local film boards, union talent negotiations, animal wranglers, Federal and local requirements for filming on riverways, and original score. This wasn't filmed in someone's backyard on a Black Magic two weeks ago.

So the timing of the spot isn't likely political. After all, last year on February 2, nobody expected Donald Freaking Trump to be president in 2017.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:13 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
What an odd reversal of circumstances. Conservatives are offended by this ad because it threatens their delicate sensibilities. They are threatening a boycott of the product because it celebrates the immigration of the founder of one of the largest and most prosperous beer breweries in the world. Priceless

Old 02-05-2017, 09:20 AM

381 posts, read 177,234 times
Pretty good ad; the man looks a little like Chris Pratt. I'm an immigrant (now a proud citizen) and know how accepting America is toward legal immigrants. I still support the U.S. as a sovereign nation with a right to control who enters this country.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:30 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What an odd reversal of circumstances. Conservatives are offended by this ad because it threatens their delicate sensibilities. They are threatening a boycott of the product because it celebrates the immigration of the founder of one of the largest and most prosperous beer breweries in the world. Priceless
I know. Too funny.

One of the problems of a boycott by Trump supporters is that they tend to have less money to boycott with.

According to Brookings's analysis, the counties that supported Trump generated just 36 percent of the country’s economic activity and output.

Whereas the counties that supported Clinton generate 64% of economic output.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/the-a...utput-america/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies