Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 04:55 PM

39 posts, read 25,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Boyle Heights used to have a large Jewish population . Canters deli was originally in Boyle Heights .
I don't remember him bragging about that but I'm not surprised .
I'm surprised you didn't hear him brag about that. He would not shut up about it, it was even in the Newspaper. He strongly used that to further prove his Mexican roots, and gain the latino vote. One good thing I can say about him is that he stuck to his word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 07:39 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,823,783 times
A suit (another one that is) needs to filed against him to repair the freaking sidewalks!

Old 02-02-2017, 07:50 PM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrernal333 View Post
He is exactly what you get. You all had a choice between him and Wendy Greuel. However Wendy reached out more to blacks, and was more against illegals, but Garcetti was the exact opposite. What did you expect? His paternal grandfather is an immigrant born in Mexico, So YES he will do anything in his power to put legal and illegal Mexican immigrants first. But of course when you guys elected him, you didn't realize Trump would be the future president.

A good amount of people that I know only voted for him because of his father "Gil" from the attempted Oj Simpson prosecution. But now like you, they are all upset and complaining claiming they didn't even vote for him. Face it Garcetti is basically Mexican with a white mask, and will do all he can to fight for his people, Even if that means putting other things in jeopardy that won't effect him. When he ran, he reached out to all latino immigrants, and bragged about his East L.A Mexican roots. I don't get why everyone is all of a sudden surprised. This is indeed what you all asked for.
In several elections I (as did a few dozen others) voted for Walter Moore, the only candidate who opposed our sanctuary city policies.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,247,775 times
Cannot wait for them to lose the lawsuit and then lose billions in federal funding. It'll be a glorious day.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:29 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTraveler2011 View Post
Cannot wait for them to lose the lawsuit and then lose billions in federal funding. It'll be a glorious day.

Ca senator John Moorlach was on the radio and he said Sacramento is in chaos right now and absolutely freaking out over Trump. I'm sure that applies to Brown more then Garcetti but the trickle down must be intense.

I wonder what chief Beck thinks about all this ... so far he's backing up Garcetti butt he just looks more republican then dem to me. Maybe because he looks like Tom Selleck

Old 02-02-2017, 09:49 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Ca senator John Moorlach was on the radio and he said Sacramento is in chaos right now and absolutely freaking out over Trump. I'm sure that applies to Brown more then Garcetti but the trickle down must be intense.

I wonder what chief Beck thinks about all this ... so far he's backing up Garcetti butt he just looks more republican then dem to me. Maybe because he looks like Tom Selleck
Beck makes over $300,000 a year so he will do as he's told .

Garcetti is trying so desperately to "sell" illegals , even going as to far as just referring to them as immigrants.
People should view it as insulting to their intelligence that he is doing that .

Old 02-03-2017, 12:19 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,664,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Beck makes over $300,000 a year so he will do as he's told .
I wonder if that includes the horse trading...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies