Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 02:10 PM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
You obviously didn't watch the video. Please watch it and learn something rather than thinking you know something when you actually don't.

I have read Milton Friedman along with about 50 other economists for more than 20 years. So what now?

Should we let China buy our ports? Should we let Russia buy up our media? Should we buy children's eye balls if they taste good? How about some bush meat? Does not affect our fauna. Should we export the reserve currency for all our goods until we end up with a Greek style debt crisis? Should I dump industrial waste into the ocean with a cheap factory in Cuba, and then fund environmentalism in the US to increase my advantage? Should I care that WTO rules are BS that gives the advantage to the odious VAT ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
You obviously didn't watch the video. Please watch it and learn something rather than thinking you know something when you actually don't.
I'm well aware of the arguments for globalization: we all benefit from cheaper goods produced by wage slaves in third world countries with no labor or environmental protections.

But there's a big catch: how is the American worker going to compete with that? Answer: it's impossible. So now we have huge numbers of Americans with no future. You (and many others) say to those people, "let them eat cake." That's going to have political consequences eventually.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:14 PM

31,031 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Sure, having good paying jobs leaving our country is good for us

Old 02-01-2017, 02:18 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,088 times
PLEASE... watch the entire video, learn something, then come back and make the same economic nonsense claims with a straight face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJCeoFxrDn0

Last edited by KS_Referee; 02-01-2017 at 02:57 PM..

Old 02-01-2017, 02:19 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
100% spot on.
I encourage Democrats and their supporters to keep telling America that it's better for American manufacturers to create jobs in China, India, & Mexico.

2018 isn't that far away.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
PLEASE... watch the entire video, learn something, then come back and make the economic nonsense same claims with a straight face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJCeoFxrDn0

No. I know Milton Friedman's positions. I do not entirely agree on trade all the time, just most of the time. Many Republicans don't agree with him either. I kept trying to tell them that low interest rates were not a sign of loose monetary policy. I agreed with Milton Freedman and they did not. I also tried to tell them that he agreed with me on ad valorem taxes. However again, they don't agree with me and Milton Friedman. Will you "learn" ?

Old 02-01-2017, 02:28 PM

36,656 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I encourage Democrats and their supporters to keep telling America that it's better for American manufacturers to create jobs in China, India, & Mexico.

2018 isn't that far away.
Yes 2018 isnt that far away.

Obama's 2 terms averaged 7.7 million new jobs each.

Call me when Trump does that.

Old 02-01-2017, 02:29 PM

learn:

Greece: why did its economy fall so hard? - Telegraph

Old 02-01-2017, 02:56 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Care to expand on how that is relative to the topic on hand.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:02 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,230,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Just 4 years ago or so all you LeftNuts were propping up the OWS crowds who HATED Globalism, WallStreet and outsourcing. Your mantra was "we will gladly pay more for American made products because we want better jobs and higher pay". Now it's the complete opposite. You aren't fooling anyone. Oh, one more, big money in politics was a big no-no too. Until HRC ran for POTUS then it was all praise for big corps dumping tons of money into her campaign.

You don't get it. OWS is about riling against people like Trump and Wall Streeters who benefit from special rules that specifically written for them to make money at the backs of the average citizens. Wall Street DOES NOT equal global companies, many occupiers have no problem with global companies that are doing business honestly (relatively speaking).

If the Right wants to eliminate big money from politics, then let's DO IT!!!! Few things makes us happier than getting rid of big corporate money from politics!!! But we both know the Republicans will NEVER go for that. You are basically blaming us for playing by the rules!!! Pathetic.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies