Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2017, 08:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Advertisements

it's the 'progressive' way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 08:26 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Judd Apatow deleted his tweets. Even he now realizes this is toxic for the left.
Agreed. But also, should this escalate into population conflict, which it may, his tweet that endorsed violent riots can be used to prosecute for incitement to violence and sedition. The tweet is toxic to him.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:27 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
If people believe what he's selling, they're too stupid for words. Anybody who knows anything about Milo knows he's not trying to win over hearts and minds with "alternative viewpoints". He's a troll - - and his viewpoint should be given as much merit as any troll's would.
That is your opinion and you are free to express your opinion until your actions begin to trample on the rights of others. The rights of the students that sponsored that event have been shattered, my question is what steps is Berkley taking to insure this does not happen again? Admonishing the students that took a part in these protests is just not going to cut it. I would suggest that expulsion of any student that can be identified as participateing in the violent actions would be the first place to start.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, maybe he should just call for a bloodbath as Reagan did.
Yeah I'm real scared of 100 pound wimps in buddy holly glasses and jeans that girls wear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is acting like the fascist. What happens at Berkeley is none of his damn (Federal) business. It is the province of local law enforcement and the school authorities. Nobody asked for his two cents. He should keep his sorry ass off of Twitter and tend to the serious issues facing this country.
You're an idiot the school gets funding from the govt and a lot of those students are probably on grants and scholarships. You do not get to harm innocent people and destroy stuff buddy. THey should be ejected from the school and charged with a felony.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:30 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,007,828 times
I agree that these students are not impressing people like me.

Let the gentleman speak. His own words would condemn him much more effectively, to the public, than these idiotic protests.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:31 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
These anarchists are only going to find themselves in jail and in a ton of legal trouble. So yes, keep it up for sure.
I wish that were true, but I don't think anything will happen to them.

The university and the city of Berkeley agree with what they're doing.

Ditto the liberal San Francisco Bay Area and the state of California under Democrat rule.

Someone will have to get killed for there to be a reaction. And, as the below post shows, the whole thing is being covered up by the lying liberal mainstream media....

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
Upon waking and checking the NYT and WaPo this morning, there seems to be an effective media blackout on the nature and severity of the riots. That anything happened at all is buried on each site. If these were Right wing protests and violence, it would be a running headline for days.

The media has lost all credibility and is never getting it back.
Yep.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:32 AM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Good for them and the protest and push-back will just keep coming until that insane bloviated self-serving fraud in the White House is gone and takes his corporate and white supremacists loaded cabinet with him.

Really? I was sympathetic to Occupy Wall Street. I am now part of your opposition. My guess is big finance has run a successful op to divide the proles. You have become useful idiots.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
What happens at Berkeley is none of his damn (Federal) business.
The trampling of what is arguably the most important right we have is most certainly in the federal domain in particular when federal dollars are going to that school.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,068,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Yes - - let's take away funding from one of the best research facilities in the world - - that'll help the country.

Republican logic.
Research requires objectivity. They are showing us that they don't have it.

That's not republican logic. That's sound logic.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:35 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,399 times
All these Lefties protesting for "freedom". Know what you don't see at these protests, an American flag.

I guess the flag had the unfortunate nuance of being flammable
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies