Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 06:25 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Wouldn't be shocked if this is fake news like the report of trump threatening to send troops to Mexico. I'd give Wash Post very little credibility
The refugee thing is true. I remember when Obama agreed to it.

Old 02-02-2017, 06:43 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Along with the OP, some appear to have misinterpreted the WaPo comment that the call had "abruptly ended" (i.e., well before the planned finish time) as literally hanging up or slamming down the phone. Not so. What the Post actually said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.ff8eb7dbc9dc

Turnbull did not deny the leak, rather:

So what's happened? Trump angrily agrees to honor a prior administration agreement in a contentious phone call with the Australian PM but irritated cannot handle his emotions sufficiently to move on to other issues taking the call to its scheduled end. Details of the conversation are leaked either from a phone transcript or in an Australian-theory by Bannon himself to the Washington Post. The White House sends a message to the State Department who has the US embassy in Australia issue a statement reaffirming the pledge made to the Australian prime minister in their phone call. The Australians are told: Mr Trump's decision to "honour the refugee agreement has not changed."

But Trump still stews - not clear whether it's over the deal itself or the fact that the transcript was leaked and reported.

So what does he do - TAKE TO TWITTER, issuing the now famous tweet that seemingly reneges what everyone else believes settled - he tweets he will study the 'dumb' refugee deal with Australia.

The fall out (so far):

Donald Trump tweets he will study 'dumb' refugee deal with Australia - The Sydney Morning Herald.

Our new President at work - and THIS is only over 1,200 refugees.
Trump tweets after the phone call that he is now going to go study
the deal, aww , he has to actually read.

What is astounding is why in the world didn't Trump study
the deal before the call?
He could have had his
ammunition in order as to why he thinks it is a bad deal
for the US. Bet Trump didn't even know about the swap
part of the deal. Instead we get this whole drama about something
that could have been prevented if a sane person had been elected instead of Trump.

We have a child in charge of our country.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:01 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
If Trump is having problems getting along with countries that are our friends, how the Hell is he going to do with ones that hate us ?

I bet phone conversations with this idiot are something else. He thinks he can bully other world leaders the way he bullies his way through a real estate deal, and he is really in for a rude awakening. Of all countries to anger, Australia is at the bottom of that list.

My God, this moron is getting more out of control by the moment ! The GOP had better act quickly before he destroys their party and our country.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-02-2017 at 08:29 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 02-02-2017, 07:08 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Your head in the sand or wherever is not going to make the fact that the trump is an immature IDIOT go away. Hey, You put him there, so You are to blame. Own it, remember, You Won!
Exactly. Now our enemies hate us AND our Allies hate us. Way to go Mr. President. I am still appalled at the people who thought it was a good idea to vote this woefully unqualified megalomaniac into office. But I suppose that's the nature of his strategy; make everyone furious so we're stuck with his isolationism plan. America the great and alone

Old 02-02-2017, 07:17 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
It's not a matter of whether the deal needs negotiating or outright refusal - thats not the point, Trump is well within his rights to change, ammend or back out of it if it's in the best interest of the US.

What is completely ridiculous is getting off on the wrong foot on the very first call with a staunch ally who's worked with the US in every way including sending troops to every war the US has been engaged in since WWII. For what? He looks like a petulant child.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:26 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
By the time you reach page 4 of the thread, the topic is fully derailed. Let me start over. Australia wanted to dump thousands of Muslims refugees on the US that they were holding on some inhabited island far away from their mainland. Trump said NO! Why do we need 152 posts?
Thank you for explaining the reason instead of the nonsense spewed here by the left wing loonies.

Australia does not want those boat people. I was there in 2012 when they passed a law stating that all boat refugees will not be allowed on Australia and instead kept in camps in Papa new Guinea.

What was the idiot Obama thinking when he wanted to accept the refugees that Australia did not want. They tried to come to Australia, not USA. So if Australia does not want them, it is their problem to solve, not ours.

I remember reading in Aussie papers that the majority were not from Indonesia or Thailand but from Pakistan and middle East who came to Indonesia and then set sail for Australia. These were economic refugees, not people being persecuted.

And I found this comment fascinating

Quote:
Senior government minister Christopher Pyne praised the prospect of such an agreement being finalized before the Obama administration ends.
"There certainly is time — two and a half months is plenty of time — and if that's the case, it will be a great achievement for the Turnbull government," Pyne told Nine Network television.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:32 AM

13,423 posts, read 9,955,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
Thank you for explaining the reason instead of the nonsense spewed here by the left wing loonies.

Australia does not want those boat people. I was there in 2012 when they passed a law stating that all boat refugees will not be allowed on Australia and instead kept in camps in Papa new Guinea.

What was the idiot Obama thinking when he wanted to accept the refugees that Australia did not want. They tried to come to Australia, not USA. So if Australia does not want them, it is their problem to solve, not ours.

I remember reading in Aussie papers that the majority were not from Indonesia or Thailand but from Pakistan and middle East who came to Indonesia and then set sail for Australia. These were economic refugees, not people being persecuted.

And I found this comment fascinating
Sometimes friends help friends with problems.

After all, it's kinda difficult to monitor the skies above the Southern Hemisphere from Nevada.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:33 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
By the time you reach page 4 of the thread, the topic is fully derailed. Let me start over. Australia wanted to dump thousands of Muslims refugees on the US that they were holding on some inhabited island far away from their mainland. Trump said NO! Why do we need 152 posts?
1250. That was the original agreement and he should have stuck to the original agreement. Why? To keep things cordial and Australia happy. No matter how much Trump hates Muslims, and it's pretty clear he does, there is such a thing as diplomacy, and it's worth a lot more than continuing to boast about how he won the election, which apparently was the subject of much of the phone call. Trump is using his racism as a built-in excuse for refusing Muslims entry into the US. I can't believe people can't see this.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:36 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
1250. That was the original agreement and he should have stuck to the original agreement. Why? To keep things cordial and Australia happy. No matter how much Trump hates Muslims, and it's pretty clear he does, there is such a thing as diplomacy, and it's worth a lot more than continuing to boast about how he won the election, which apparently was the subject of much of the phone call. Trump is using his racism as a built-in excuse for refusing Muslims entry into the US. I can't believe people can't see this.

Australians hate Muslims too, they don't want them............what agreement? Obama never told congress or the American people of any agreement. Obama should have took them in when he was President, Trump doesn't have to honor anything.

you are really clueless, you call Trump racist because he doesn't want to take Australia's illegal immigrants and praise Australia because they don't want them?

Old 02-02-2017, 07:38 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,036,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
Donald Trump Hangs Up On Australia, Threatens to Invade Mexico | Mother Jones

So The Chump lost his **** and hung up cuz he couldnt handle realness. They said it was his 5th call so he was "fatigued". Thats what you signed up for!
Nice to have a pres not fall under pressure. O wait, that was Obama that yall hated.

He was also disrespectful to the Mexican president:
"You have a bunch of bad hombres down there," Trump told Pena Nieto, according to the excerpt given to AP. "You aren't doing enough to stop them. I think your military is scared. Our military isn't, so I just might send them down to take care of it."

He also said he had a call with Putin, and it was much better (surprise!)

Congrats. Putin got US by the balls and Chump is alienating everyone else in the world.
To sane people, no worries, Impeachment getting closer every day.
It happens. A Least racist person cannot stand a racist person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies