Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 07:47 AM

5,885 posts, read 3,862,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
when i was in HS I had a rebel flag in the back window of my truck. Now I realize how silly I was as I lived in the north and had no connection with the south. Also in HS I wore a purple silk shirt and a white vest to a school dance - also very silly.

It's high school for gods sake.
AND you also discriminate based on age, judging from your thread in the work and employment forum. Your boss needs to hand you a pink slip immediately.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:48 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,539,291 times
I HOPE they actually bring it up at the hearings for all the world to see.

Even more hilarious is the OP is still here "standing his ground" about how relevant this "ammo" is.

LOL

Old 02-02-2017, 07:49 AM

11,011 posts, read 10,969,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
The government reaches back to high school when deciding whether or not to issue a security clearance. A permanent appointment to the highest court in the land should come with at least as much scrutiny.
Keep on digging that hole deeper - because it's entertaining as hell. But let me ask this. Do you know what satire is?

Old 02-02-2017, 07:53 AM

45,308 posts, read 26,815,759 times
C'mon y'all... even the NY Times has an op/ed endorsing him.

Why Liberals Should Back Neil Gorsuch

I have no doubt that if confirmed, Judge Gorsuch would help to restore confidence in the rule of law. His years on the bench reveal a commitment to judicial independence — a record that should give the American people confidence that he will not compromise principle to favor the president who appointed him. Judge Gorsuch’s record suggests that he would follow in the tradition of Justice Elena Kagan, who voted against President Obama when she felt a part of the Affordable Care Act went too far. In particular, he has written opinions vigorously defending the paramount duty of the courts to say what the law is, without deferring to the executive branch’s interpretations of federal statutes, including our immigration laws.

------------------

Gorsuch was confirmed unanimously in 2006

Also not objecting to Gorsuch's confirmation: Former Sens. Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. Ken Salazar, who became Obama's secretary of the Interior Department, praised Gorsuch when he introduced him to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:53 AM

38,971 posts, read 50,916,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
I guess the dems didn't care about that ammo when they approved him for the 10th Circuit Court. Here's some names of Democratic Senators who voted to confirm Gorsuch back in 2006, you might recognize some of those names, like Obama, Clinton, Biden, Kerry, Schumer, Feinstein, etc.
It's not the same. A circuit court has a check on it. Bad decisions can be reversed. The SCOTUS does not. A fascist judge in the 10th would not be that big a deal. But in the Supreme Court? And like everything else in life, simply because one is qualified for a less responsible position does not mean one can handle the top job - witness Trump himself.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:54 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,717,000 times
Quote:
If selling a couple dime bags can disqualify one from delivering UPS packages, surely a history of fascism should disqualify one from a lifetime appointment on the highest court in the land. It's too big of a risk with the actual future of our nation at stake.
"A history of facism" lol.

Old 02-02-2017, 07:55 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,265,231 times
Quote:
The government reaches back to high school when deciding whether or not to issue a security clearance. A permanent appointment to the highest court in the land should come with at least as much scrutiny.

You are really serious about this dumbass stuff, aren't you?

Old 02-02-2017, 08:02 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,713,247 times
Quote:
If selling a couple dime bags can disqualify one from delivering UPS packages, surely a history of fascism should disqualify one from a lifetime appointment on the highest court in the land. It's too big of a risk with the actual future of our nation at stake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
"A history of facism" lol.

Yeah it's rhetoric like this that makes it difficult to take some of the more aggressively worded attacks against Trump seriously.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:03 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,539,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's not the same. A circuit court has a check on it. Bad decisions can be reversed. The SCOTUS does not. A fascist judge in the 10th would not be that big a deal. But in the Supreme Court? And like everything else in life, simply because one is qualified for a less responsible position does not mean one can handle the top job - witness Trump himself.

For the record, are you also joining gladhands and declaring this "news" to be something to seriously consider? PLEASE answer.

Old 02-02-2017, 08:09 AM

50,068 posts, read 46,625,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
You are really serious about this dumbass stuff, aren't you?
Holiday Inn Express
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies