Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:04 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsywicket View Post
[url=http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/]Donald Trump Said Republicans Are the "Dumbest Group of Voters" : snopes.com[/url] You are going to need this site. You should bookmark it.
Well, normally I would agree with this post, since that claim has been debunked. In fact, I was just about to post about it, but I wanted to read through the thread so I didn't duplicate what another person wrote. I usually agree with Don1945, but, according to those websites, that was made up by someone on Facebook.

OTOH, whenever I refer to FactCheck and Snopes to call out Trump on a lie, the Trump supporters call them left-wing fake news websites, so that must mean that even when something like this is debunked, it's really true!

Trump supporters can't have it both ways! Referring to sites that are frequently called "fake" or "liberal" when you need them is disingenuous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 01:07 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonym9428 View Post
I'm pretty sure Melania is not a christian either
if she ever comes to DC maybe someone can ask her....

Old 02-02-2017, 01:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
if she ever comes to DC maybe someone can ask her....
LOL ... funny. Wish I could rep you again. I missed that story!

[URL="http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/first-lady-melania-trump-may-never-move-into-the-white-house-w464126"]First Lady Melania Trump May Stay in NYC Permanently and Never Move Into the White House[/URL]

Old 02-02-2017, 01:25 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
I didn't read the whole thread but I assume someone pointed out it was a joke? But one that fell flat. Trump just has no sense of comedic timing. He should stay away from trying to tell jokes. Hillary was the same. Zero sense of comedic timing. Obama was pretty good at it, as was Reagan. Bush (W) and Biden were unintentionally hilarious. Bush Sr, Quayle, and Gore were just dullards - no comedy there either. I don't think Cheney ever tried to even tell a joke from what I could tell and too soon to tell with Pence. Bill Clinton was okay on comedy but it always felt like the creepy uncle you were forced to sit next to at Thankgiving comedy - so not awesome.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:31 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,638,224 times
JOKing about God is never ok. Pres Reagan would have bust a cap in his ass for that one.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:40 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
I just watched the video of both Trump's inappropriate remarks and Arnold's rejoinder - Arnie definitely got the best of that exchange. Also, watching Spicer describe Trump's remarks as "absolutely beautiful" made me laugh so hard I scared the animals. I'd feel sorry for Spicer if he wasn't such a spineless tool.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I didn't read the whole thread but I assume someone pointed out it was a joke? But one that fell flat. Trump just has no sense of comedic timing. He should stay away from trying to tell jokes. Hillary was the same. Zero sense of comedic timing. Obama was pretty good at it, as was Reagan. Bush (W) and Biden were unintentionally hilarious. Bush Sr, Quayle, and Gore were just dullards - no comedy there either. I don't think Cheney ever tried to even tell a joke from what I could tell and too soon to tell with Pence. Bill Clinton was okay on comedy but it always felt like the creepy uncle you were forced to sit next to at Thankgiving comedy - so not awesome.

Has nothing to do with "comedic timing". It was not the time or place. Trump seems unable to discern that the job of President is different than that of showman/ carnival barker. Something he should have picked by now, at what 70 years old? And if age alone wasn't enough, campaigning and surrounding himself with advisors should have taken care of it. It's disturbing that our President doesn't appear to be a quick study.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Has nothing to do with "comedic timing". It was not the time or place. Trump seems unable to discern that the job of President is different than that of Showman/ Carnival Barker.
Lighten up Francis. He tried to make a joke, it fell flat. The rest was my observation about the joke telling abilities of our past Presidents and VPs.

ETA: By the way, I even heard a preacher/pastor (no clue what they're called) tell a joke once. GASP! I should have scolded and told him it wasn't the time or place since it was in church and all.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:45 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Did our president really just ask attendees to pray for improved ratings for The Apprentice during his appearance at the National Prayer Breakfast? I've watched the clip several times now, and I still can't wrap my head around it. Truly a head-smacking moment.
Another drama queen post from the loony left. He mentioned the Apprentice why that's outrageous!!!
Yea that really really matters doesn't it. And people wonder why the loony left gets no respect.

You lost, get over it.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:48 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Has nothing to do with "comedic timing". It was not the time or place. Trump seems unable to discern that the job of President is different than that of showman/ carnival barker. Something he should have picked by now, at what 70 years old? And if age alone wasn't enough, campaigning and surrounding himself with advisors should have taken care of it. It's disturbing that our President doesn't appear to be a quick study.
You don't get to decide what the time and place is. It's disturbing that people like you don't grasp what is important and what doesn't matter one iota.
B-b-b-but Trump said Apprentice.

You lost, get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies