Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 08:44 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Donald Trump is single-handedly going to destroy the Republican establishment. Trump's tried and true followers aren't going anywhere, but the party that got into bed with him is sealing its fate with every moment that it continues to support this lunatic. It's like watching a catastrophe in slow motion. I don't envy Paul Ryan his job. Boehner is probably on his knees every morning, thanking God he got out when he did.
David Brooks: Republicans’ deal with the devil will cost them their soul
David Brooks: Republicans’ deal with the devil will cost them their soul

Yes, Boehner must be crediting is good fortune to the Pope's visit to the Congress that he orchestrated awhile back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 09:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,835,280 times
Ya know, Donald Trump gets dumber and dumber by the day. If they recast the movie Dumb and Dumber, we have a great replacement for Jeff Daniels.

However, Trump does have his moments of clarity, and he hit this one right on the mark:

Old 02-02-2017, 09:01 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,767 times
first, it was a joke. Second, since when did liberals become so reverent that they cant handle a joke at a prayer breakfast?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:06 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,268,999 times
you liberals are clueless.....you think you on the left can only make jokes.......yes, Trump was joking about Arnold.....both Arnold and Trump are co-producers of the show....DUH!!!!........Are you going to complain about that too?

Old 02-02-2017, 09:12 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
It was a pathetic attempt at a joke, and it failed miserably. Donald Trump does not have enough good will to pull this kind of stunt. It would have been fine to refer to the work he and Mark Burnett had done on the show, but to make his speech into a ****ing match between himself and his successor on the show demonstrated that our new president has no sense of the propriety required of his position or the setting he found himself in this morning. He is remarkably tone-deaf and simple-minded, and if I'm being too subtle for you, please understand that I'm trying to be kind.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:16 AM

13,413 posts, read 9,947,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
first, it was a joke. Second, since when did liberals become so reverent that they cant handle a joke at a prayer breakfast?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you liberals are clueless.....you think you on the left can only make jokes.......yes, Trump was joking about Arnold.....both Arnold and Trump are co-producers of the show....DUH!!!!........Are you going to complain about that too?
Absolutely no one laughed.

You broke it, you buy it.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:18 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,385,367 times
A sense of humor has gone out the window for the Leftists just like common sense. It must be tiring to be so serious all the time.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I heard that and thought "What?" I think it was meant as a joke but it sure fell flat.
If it was a joke, then he went on FAR too long bad mouthing Arnold and bragging about his own ratings. It was not the right venue to be telling jokes. He has no class or tact.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:19 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Yes, the President of the United States of America is a curious individual, in many ways.

Edited to add: I rather like the response by the former Governor of California:

"Schwarzenegger promptly replied via a Twitter video: "Hey Donald. I have a great idea. Why don't we switch jobs? You take over TV, cause you're such an expert in ratings. And I take over your job, so that people can finally sleep comfortably again."

Trump at National Prayer Breakfast: 'Pray for Arnold for those ratings' - CNNPolitics.com
I'd be fine with this.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:21 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,247,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
It was a joke in poor taste. That's the issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies