Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 12:45 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,234,540 times

Advertisements

Goose Steppers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mvP0ArKIGY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 01:18 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
Does it seem to anyone else that politics in the US has become insane? On one side you have the well-meaning snowflakes who have little if any contact with reality and want to go off on anti-GMO and tree hugger fantasies. On the other side you have the fanatical goose steppers who mindlessly believe anything Fearless Leader wants to stuff down their throats.

The whole thing is being fueled by endless yellow journalism, media sound bites and sensationalism. You can't even tell the difference between truth and fabrication without a professional fact checker. It's becoming harder and harder to be an independent thinker. The pressure to adopt one ideology or the other is relentless.
I am right there with you. I think of myself as a slightly right leaning independent/moderate--not really on either "side". This morning I decided that it feels like being the middle child between a drawn-out feud between an older sibling and a younger sibling and the family is tearing itself apart. Its nuts and only seems to get worse with each election.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,701 times
Quote:
Does it seem to anyone else that politics in the US has become insane? On one side you have the well-meaning snowflakes who have little if any contact with reality and want to go off on anti-GMO and tree hugger fantasies. On the other side you have the fanatical goose steppers who mindlessly believe anything Fearless Leader wants to stuff down their throats.

The whole thing is being fueled by endless yellow journalism, media sound bites and sensationalism. You can't even tell the difference between truth and fabrication without a professional fact checker. It's becoming harder and harder to be an independent thinker. The pressure to adopt one ideology or the other is relentless.
What a load of cow dung.

Old 02-02-2017, 01:34 PM

2,089 posts, read 1,417,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
It seems like you are trying to sugarcoat the side that tends to riot and destroy other people's property as they shut down speech with which they disagree.
That's what I thought, too. Calling the snowflakes "well meaning" but calling Trump a "goose stepper"? It isn't Trump or his supporters who are out there setting fires, breaking windows and assaulting people. It probably isn't the "snowflakes" either. It's the PAID anarchists from the deep underground Left - brought to you by hard leftists and their well funded organizations right here in this country.

Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee cancelled a planned visit from Trump today due to threats of protests outside their plant. If Harley-Davidson can be intimidated so easily the situation in this country is going down the toilet fast.

Also consider that if anarchists in Berkley can shut down the Milo Yianopoulos appearance on one side of the country and cause Harley-Davidson in Milwaukee to cancel a visit by President Trump a few days later in Wisconsin--that means there are anarchist cells nationwide who can be on the scene in a few hours to create chaos.

Non-violent snowflake types are sent out for a peaceful protest and then the violent anarchists show up later to do the damage. This is exactly the way it went down in Berkeley.

Trump-haters, you are being used by hard left anarchists to plunge this country into civil war.

Trump and Pence better get on top of this situation really fast or this country is going to spiral down into chaos very quickly.

Trump trip canceled; Harley-Davidson wasn't comfortable with likely protests, per source - CNNPolitics.com

Last edited by Seagrape Grove; 02-02-2017 at 01:49 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 02:17 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,431,418 times
Surprisingly, there are actually moderate Independents still in existence, like myself, who are standing in the middle wondering if/when the rancorous attitude between the parties will cease for the good of the country. Maybe it's a function of age and experience, but whatever the cause, I feel we're in the minority for sure.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:23 PM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,471 times
OP...yes, agreed.

The USA should be broken up into the Democratic States of America and the Republican States of America. It can be put to a nationwide vote and see what America thinks on this subject. Each state can vote where they wish to go.

The dems are working overtime to destabilize the peaceful transition, collapse the stock market and populate the USA with illegals as fast as humanly possible. America only works if there is a peaceful transition of power. The dems are using guerilla warfare tactics to bring down America. OK, we get the message. You hate the reps, you will destroy America rather than living in peace, so lets end the marriage instead of killing each other.

Everything the dems stand for is polar opposites from the reps... from trying to convince society that a man with a penis is a woman to defending and promoting terrorist immigration, populating the US with illegal aliens, confiscating guns, killing babies, defying federal law, sedition and treason. The newest trend is for the dems to wear hijabs and burkas to support their next revolt. There is no middle ground between the 2 parties any longer.

The reps know how the dems are once they gain power. Look at all the dem run states. They have curtailed gun rights to a bare minimum. For example, in NJ if you go out of the house with your gun you are arrested.

If CA breaks away from the US, there will be no more 2A and all guns will be confiscated. Once that happens, the populace has lost all ability to fight tyranny. I repeat...once that happens, the populace has lost all ability to fight tyranny. If the dems can control America, there is no question, all guns will be confiscated.

This is not s pipe dream, it is fact based on the history of the dem party once they gain power. Hillary herself said she is using Australia's model of gun confiscation as a model for confiscating guns in America.

There are 400 sanctuary cities in the US for illegal aliens. The dems are making sanctuary cities for illegal aliens to bring down the US...all just to get votes. The dems would sell their mother out for a vote.

If the dems are hell-bent on bringing down America, it may be better to divide the country into two unions. They can have a president each and can have their own liberal and conservative policies. Sure, put Hil in change of the DSA if you like. No hard feeling, we just do not want her as prez of the RSA. keep our treasured Constitution and everything that America is based on. We keep our treasured Constitution and everything that America is based on.

Now, I am not smart enuf to know all the ramification of such a breakup. But I am smart enuf to know left unchecked the dems and illegals will rule America one day and America as we knew it will be lost forever. Reps better be planning long term on this or they are done. CA is the textbook example of this. One day you wake up...and it is gone.

Old 02-02-2017, 02:27 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,903,640 times
With every new idea that spews from the Idiot In Chief's pie-hole, I think:

Jeeze, how small can his penis possibly be?!?!

Old 02-02-2017, 04:05 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
Quote:

That's why everyone needs a firm foundation in political structure, as based in human social behavior, as well as a foundation in Western history.

Without that, it would be difficult to evaluate information.

All the Right has had, for a long time, is their worldview. They haven't enjoyed power. Thus, Trump isn't directing them. He's merely in the slipstream.

You are correct in regard to taking sides. That will be necessary, as the middle will be eradicated and likely for the foreseeable future. Don't grieve for it, as it could never have lasted under the conditions that have been forced on the West. Even in normal conditions, it is an inherently weak position that is always destined to slide toward one of the political poles. Thus, the necessity of choosing a side. In fact, in the future, your side will likely be chosen for you, like it or not, as the other side will reject you outright.

And commies goose step as well.

Otherwise, good post.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:18 PM

3,536 posts, read 2,858,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
With every new idea that spews from the Idiot In Chief's pie-hole, I think:

Jeeze, how small can his penis possibly be?!?!
You must have spent a whole lot of time in one of them there big ivy league colleges to come up with such a well thought out, intelligent reply such as this.

RR

Old 02-02-2017, 04:21 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
That's what happens when people abandon reason for force. It's a snowball effect where people get increasingly violent with each other - one side starts resorting to violence, the other tries reason and it fails, so they use violence in return...which fuels more of it from the other side...it's tough to go back from that point.

Yep.

The statist Right hasn't used force...yet (if you exclude voting and the actual paradigm of statism which by definition is force ).

While I'm enjoying the hell out of the Leftist meltdowns the statist Right is gaining more and more power "without firing a shot"...metaphorically speaking.

If the Left collapses the Right will have carte blanche on government decisions. It's a no-win situation but so over the top right now you can't help but immediately call the Left out on this insanity.

The folks on here that know me (you being one that actually knows and agrees with me) may think I've abandoned my anti-statism stance because of how all my posts have been geared toward mocking the Left since the rise of Trump.

Trump's a statist. A megalomaniac. I agree with nothing he does in policy and practice because I don't believe in his position. I don't believe in the concept of the State.

However, I haven't even been able to criticize the guy at all because the Left is over the top insane right now there's just not enough time or energy when the Left is providing so much low-hanging fruit for me.

Metaphorically speaking Trump is stage 4 cancer. A wretched disease.

But the Left is stage 4 cancer PLUS AIDS, KIDNEY DISEASE, MISSING ALL YOUR LIMBS, HAVING NO EYES, NO EARS, ETC.

I never thought the Left would go this far off the rails. But not only have they done so they are STILL GOING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies