Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should women be required to register for Selective Service?
Aye 40 66.67%
Nay 7 11.67%
It shouldn't be required at all for males or females. 13 21.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 06:47 AM

23,709 posts, read 30,647,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Ah, do you have a clue? Are you speaking about Israel? or the U.S.? The U.S. requires all (biological...) males (U.S. citizens only) to register with the selective service. Males who don't conform can be arrested with no recourse. Males who don't register are not eligible to work for the government, such as the post office, or acquire any student grant money.
Did you miss the part of the IDF being typed? IDF stands for Israel Defense Force
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 10:17 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,760,693 times
With equal rights should come equal responsibilities. Women should register for the draft and if it ever comes to that, should be on the front lines same as the men and be coming home in body bags in equal numbers to men. Enough of the cherry picking of rights without responsibilities.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:38 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
I am old school and remember the time when Life magazine had Asian women in combat gear. This was shocking to see and we all thought it barbaric and it was stated to be barbaric and unacceptable in our country. We were not like that. We had strong men and defined roles then. We looked down on this in the 50's and 60's of a women in combat. I still do.

Our culture has changed dramatically as feminists told women who they were and what they should do to take on the men as their adversaries, they should change their name to unfeminists, wanting to compete with men on every level. Sure women are strong and they don't have to prove it by hooking up with the feminist movement. The fems are poison.They are hateful, they are not well adjusted at all.

Women can fill certain jobs , but being on the front line of combat is not a women's job. A woman would be slaughtered if it came to hand to hand combat.

Men have their place in the world and women are no lesser for it. They have certain rolls they are stronger and more capable of doing. No, I am not a sexist. Sick of the labels the democrats place on everyone that believes differently.

The democrats have taken over much of our society as fems push their agenda. I don't care for feminine men or manly women. All this unisex began in the 60's and 70's.

Women should stay feminine and men should stay masculine. Doesn't mean men can't do laundry or help around the house or cook. That does not take away from their masculinity. Women likewise can pick up a paint brush or mow the lawn.

We have become barbaric today. Sending women to the front lines.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:41 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,656,104 times
Either all or none. No discrimination.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I am old school and remember the time when Life magazine had Asian women in combat gear. This was shocking to see and we all thought it barbaric and it was stated to be barbaric and unacceptable in our country. We were not like that. We had strong men and defined roles then. We looked down on this in the 50's and 60's of a women in combat. I still do.

Our culture has changed dramatically as feminists told women who they were and what they should do to take on the men as their adversaries, they should change their name to unfeminists, wanting to compete with men on every level. Sure women are strong and they don't have to prove it by hooking up with the feminist movement. The fems are poison.They are hateful, they are not well adjusted at all.

Women can fill certain jobs , but being on the front line of combat is not a women's job. A woman would be slaughtered if it came to hand to hand combat.

Men have their place in the world and women are no lesser for it. They have certain rolls they are stronger and more capable of doing. No, I am not a sexist. Sick of the labels the democrats place on everyone that believes differently.

The democrats have taken over much of our society as fems push their agenda. I don't care for feminine men or manly women. All this unisex began in the 60's and 70's.

Women should stay feminine and men should stay masculine. Doesn't mean men can't do laundry or help around the house or cook. That does not take away from their masculinity. Women likewise can pick up a paint brush or mow the lawn.

You can't have it both ways. If women are to be accommodated anywhere and everywhere that they perceive men to have an economic or social advantage, then they also need to take their share of the downside of being a man. War is one of the nastier downsides, but either women have total equality or they don't. It can't just be with the good stuff.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:31 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
You can't have it both ways. If women are to be accommodated anywhere and everywhere that they perceive men to have an economic or social advantage, then they also need to take their share of the downside of being a man. War is one of the nastier downsides, but either women have total equality or they don't. It can't just be with the good stuff.
Women are equal. One does not have to be a feminist to be equal. I believe the fem movement is negative against men . A man who wants a women on the front lines are really using it as backlash against the fem woman.

Many men would be appalled to think of sending a woman into front line combat .Many have a natural instinct to protect a woman at all costs. That is a dying breed because of the feminist movement. They are not acting feminine or thinking that a man is the masculine stronger sex. They hate that. They want to have no need of a man and want to prove it daily. They would gladly serve on the front line to prove they are equal . This is what the woman's movement preaches.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:42 PM

The feminists aren't on the front lines. That's for what they see as expendable men. They're fine if men do all the dying.

You are correct though in your overall assessment. The feminists have been so negative against men for so long that men are increasingly pulling away from respecting the traditional roles.

As an aside, though I too have had it with feminists and their misandry, in my everyday life I remain an old school gentleman whenever and wherever I can. I just no longer listen to any of the feminists complaints and victimhood rhetoric. The boy who cried wolf and all that.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:49 PM

26,952 posts, read 15,160,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Yes. A woman's place is anywhere she wants to be and can make the grade..

Key words.

Poll didn't ask about dreams, desires, or goals but rather a by Law requirement of one's self....whether "she wants" to or not.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,155,092 times
Everyone or no one should have to register. Women are just as capable as men to serve.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:12 PM

26,726 posts, read 22,375,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post

During the times of REAL battles, no women were sent as combatants.
I am talking about the times of the WWII and first of all Soviet troops.
Yet at the same time Russians were very advanced in terms of women's emancipation - far more so than the US.
So I happen to agree with your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies