Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 04:48 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times

Advertisements

CNN and Democrats will lose at least a generation who see through thisBS by the left. Plus how on earth with all the fake news will CNN be even able to pass again for another broadcast liscence?

Old 02-03-2017, 04:51 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
I watch 3 or 4 different news networks. Often there is a round-table discussion and I enjoy listening to different points of views. I edited my post because it was very long, but I mentioned that there are many Republican commentators like Kayleigh McEnany and Hugh Hewitt on CNN who strongly disagree with Don Lemon and his other guests on the show. Anderson Cooper had Glenn Beck on his show the other night. Nobody can tell me he's a liberal! MSNBC hosted Trump a few times when he was campaigning.

If you just read Breitbart and watch Fox News, you will usually get one very slanted point of view. I like to get information from multiple sources and make up my own mind.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,192,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
People!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop watching CNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^this x1000

Old 02-03-2017, 04:57 PM

381 posts, read 177,234 times
Good! I had heard of Milo before but didn't know anything about him. I saw him on Tucker Carlson and his book sounded interesting and I will support his book.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:59 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

It's really amusing that so many people who want to curtail the rights of LGBT citizens are excited over this guy. Only reinforces my belief that you'll ignore SO many of the things you claim to hold dear just to stick to your "team."

If old KellyAnne came out next championing abortion, I reckon all y'all anti-abortion types would flip on that issue, too.
You know, at some point, one would think it would don on you guys that YOU are actually the ones that have the stereotypical and ignorant views.

I'm about as Conservative as anyone on this board, yet I have no problem with gay people or gay marriage.

Only after you stop stereotyping and generalizing Conservatives and assuming they are all the same, will you understand why this gay, Jewish immigrant has a Conservative fan base.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:02 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Interesting conspiracy theory. We have three of them now.
1.) Anarchists with no liberal beliefs whatsoever have consistently infiltrated the ranks of liberals protesting on campuses. They are the only ones engaging in violence and destructive behavior.
2.) Soros and other rich Democrats hire all liberal protestors.
3.) Extremist conservatives are infiltrating liberal protests and they are the ones beating people up, smashing stuff and setting things on fire.

I'm kinda surprised that the trilateral council or space aliens haven't featured yet.

Occam's Razor suggests that all of the above are hogwash. The simplest and most likely explanation: Liberal protesters -- especially those that are very young and passionate -- let their passion for defending their point of view get out of hand, so they lose their damn minds and go a bit berserk. Mob mentality 101.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:02 PM

112 posts, read 59,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
[/i]

The Left was more than happy to oblige.
Not "The Left", rather some elements of the left. Generalising the entire left movement - which equates roughly to almost an half of the adult American population - to a bunch of violent brutes is not only dangerous, but it completely shuts down any sort of conversation or harmony in a healthy democracy.

You said that you don't like the fact that many conservatives are being harassed and victims of violence by mobs - ok, that's a point that I agree with and should be addressed. Now, when you go with that preposterous argument that the entire left is involved in that harassment and suppression of you ideas, than you are as well as playing to the hands of the people that do want to polarise the entire American society.

USA is a representative Republic that resorts to the democratic process to elect officials and conduct policy. It needs pluralism and diversity to progress. Just like you as a conservative is an essential element to the fabric of the nation, so are liberals and leftists.

Last edited by robto; 02-03-2017 at 05:19 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 05:05 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times
It's quite likely that the actions of Leftist terror groups at Berkley caused hundreds, maybe even thousands more people to take an interest in what Milo has to say and gave him a far larger platform than he otherwise would have had had they just let the speech go on uninterrupted.

That's the thing about free speech and human nature.... The more you try to silence it, the more it spreads like wildfire.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 02-03-2017 at 05:15 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 05:07 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Interesting conspiracy theory. We have three of them now.
1.) Anarchists with no liberal beliefs whatsoever have consistently infiltrated the ranks of liberals protesting on campuses. They are the only ones engaging in violence and destructive behavior.
2.) Soros and other rich Democrats hire all liberal protestors.
3.) Extremist conservatives are infiltrating liberal protests and they are the ones beating people up, smashing stuff and setting things on fire.

I'm kinda surprised that the trilateral council or space aliens haven't featured yet.

Occam's Razor suggests that all of the above are hogwash. The simplest and most likely explanation: Liberal protesters -- especially those that are very young and passionate -- let their passion for defending their point of view get out of hand, so they lose their damn minds and go a bit berserk. Mob mentality 101.
You might be right, but they looked very organized, didn't they? How can you say some protesters suddenly went "a bit berserk" when they were dressed in uniform and carrying smoke bombs? There were an estimated 1,500 peaceful demonstrators and suddenly about 50 of these people appeared and created chaos. Wouldn't it only be a "mob mentality" if the majority were violent, not a small percentage of a large crowd?

Do you honestly believe that protesters encourage this type of behavior? How does that help their cause?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:14 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post
Not "The Left", rather some elements of the left. Generalising the entire left movement - which equates roughly to almost an half of the adult American population - to a bunch of violent brutes is not only dangerous, but it completely shuts down any sort of conversation or harmony in a healthy democracy.

You said that you don't like the fact that many conservatives are being harassed and victims of violence by mobs - ok, that's a point that I agree with and should be addressed. Now, when you go with that preposterous that the entire left is involved in that harassment and suppression of you ideas, than you are as well as playing to the hands of the people that do want to polarise the entire American society.

USA is a representative Republic that resorts to the democratic process to elect officials and conduct policy. It needs pluralism and diversity to progress. Just like you as a conservative is an essential element to the fabric of the nation, so are liberals and leftists.
Pssst. That's what they want. RWNJ's aren't all about harmony or healthy democracy. They want a fascist strong-man. Just like Daddy used to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
It's quite likely that the actions of Leftist terror groups at Berkley caused hundreds, maybe even thousands more people to want to hear what Milo has to say and giving him a far larger platform than he otherwise would have had had they just let the speech go on uninterrupted.

That's the thing about free speech and human nature.... The more you try to silence it, the more it spreads like wildfire.
Milo is always going to appeal to the lowest amongst us. Nothing will change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies