Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 05:14 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,895,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post
Not "The Left", rather some elements of the left. Generalising the entire left movement - which equates roughly to almost an half of the adult American population - to a bunch of violent brutes is not only dangerous, but it completely shuts down any sort of conversation or harmony in a healthy democracy.

You said that you don't like the fact that many conservatives are being harassed and victims of violence by mobs - ok, that's a point that I agree with and should be addressed. Now, when you go with that preposterous that the entire left is involved in that harassment and suppression of you ideas, than you are as well as playing to the hands of the people that do want to polarise the entire American society.

USA is a representative Republic that resorts to the democratic process to elect officials and conduct policy. It needs pluralism and diversity to progress. Just like you as a conservative is an essential element to the fabric of the nation, so are liberals and leftists.
Fine, fair enough. It's not the whole Left.

But there is some element prevalent in Leftist ideology that breeds this kind of violent suppression of Free Speech.

Conservatives protest, but you don't see anything from Conservatives like what you are seeing now from some elements of the American Left.....

Maybe "The Left" doesn't condone the actions of the Berkley terrorists, but let me ask you this; How many Leftists are willing to come out publicly and defend Milo? Not his words or ideas, but defend just his basic right to articulate and express those words and ideas? The answer? Practically none. So even if it's not the entire Left movement using these tactics, their silence is tant amount to a tacit acceptance of them...

Old 02-03-2017, 05:21 PM

112 posts, read 59,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Pssst. That's what they want. RWNJ's aren't all about harmony or healthy democracy. They want a fascist strong-man. Just like Daddy used to be.
I'm sorry, but what RWNJ stands for?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:27 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No he doesn't, and he gets pretty deep into differing religions in his talks.
He identifys as Catholic and is constantly rousing the Protestants.

Never has he said he was a Jew.

Sure he does, Ive seen a dozen of his talks and he says it everytime. He does identify Catholic, but calls himself a 'gay, jew'.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:29 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,185,764 times
He talks a lot about catholics in his talks, but I don't think he ever identifies as one.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:29 PM

1,768 posts, read 715,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I watch 3 or 4 different news networks. Often there is a round-table discussion and I enjoy listening to different points of views. I edited my post because it was very long, but I mentioned that there are many Republican commentators like Kayleigh McEnany and Hugh Hewitt on CNN who strongly disagree with Don Lemon and his other guests on the show. Anderson Cooper had Glenn Beck on his show the other night. Nobody can tell me he's a liberal! MSNBC hosted Trump a few times when he was campaigning.

If you just read Breitbart and watch Fox News, you will usually get one very slanted point of view. I like to get information from multiple sources and make up my own mind.
Glenn Beck is a Never Trumper and has transitioned into a liberal over the past 2 years pretty much.

Trump was even on Don Lemons show before atleast calling in. He was on every show. The media didn't give him free coverage, he took every interview and opportunity he could get even when he knew he would get grilled and it would be hostile.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:31 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
Exactly.

One week ago I had never heard of him. Now he's known for:

- Being incredibly funny and articulate.
- Being VERY good looking. (looks like a cross between a male model and the lead from a The Great Gatsby sequel.)
- A great smile. (especially when he's got his opponents by the short & curlies)
- A freaking Libertarian. (be still my heart)
- & he's Anti - Liberal Hypocrisy. (or anti-liberal AND anti-hypocrisy).
- & he's GAY. Hah !!! The Irony !! (I'm straight, but this is a guy who could make me consider switching teams. )
- & his boyfriend is Black !! (this just keeps getting better and better !!)
- & his name is Milo Yiannopoulos....what a delicious ethnic Euro name.
- But WAIT.....he's got an upper crust, British Accent that we could listen to for hours. (Heck, Hugh Grant was boinking street walkers for goodness sake and virtually everyone gave him a pass because of that fabulous accent & his boyish good looks).

Hello???....Central Casting?? Yes....Could you send me someone who will Torture the Ctrl-Left on about 9 different levels for the next few years??

You have someone?? Wait....are you saying that every single 20 something (& 30 something) girl in the US will want to be his best friend (or will want to try to get him to switch sides).... and that 12.5% of the 20 something (& 30 something) boys/men will want to boink him & the other 87.5% just want to be as cool as him??

Thanks, please send him over.

Where is Montclair!? You just may fall for Milo!

Old 02-03-2017, 05:31 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
I imagine his youtube subscriptions skyrocketed too. I'm sure this incident has helped him more than anything.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:32 PM

112 posts, read 59,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Fine, fair enough. It's not the whole Left.

But there is some element prevalent in Leftist ideology that breeds this kind of violent suppression of Free Speech.

Conservatives protest, but you don't see anything from Conservatives like what you are seeing now from some elements of the American Left.....
In US, only radical anarchists among the Left do believe that violence is a legitimate method to pursue political goals. They are a tiny minority and do not have any influence on society, neither they have any influence in day-to-day political process. They are outside of the political circle and are not supported by important elements in American society.

You have to take to account that the Left is ideologically more fragmented and eclectic than the Right. On the left you can find the most radical, violent anarchic types, the centrist liberal types, social democrat types, the most authoritarian Statist types and also the most chilled out pacifist vegetarian types. It's very difficult to paint the entire left with a single brush. The Right, as a political movement, is more cohesive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Maybe "The Left" doesn't condone the actions of the Berkley terrorists, but let me ask you this; How many Leftists are willing to come out publicly and defend Milo? Not his words or ideas, but defend just his basic right to articulate and express those words and ideas? The answer? Practically none. So even if it's not the entire Left movement using these tactics, their silence is tant amount to a tacit acceptance of them...
Actually they do support his right to speak. Famous liberal commentators on the Internet, particularly the TYT network, Kyle Kulinsky, David Pakman and others do came out publicly condemning the riot and making statements like supporting the right of Milo to speak publicly and express his ideas. Of course, they also added that his ideas are bullcrap and he doesn't deserve the attention he's getting...

Old 02-03-2017, 05:34 PM

26,492 posts, read 15,070,512 times
The liberal caricature tries to eliminate self-accountability - but this is beyond pathetic.

Honest Liberals need to address the fascist-violent-left that is growing.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:36 PM

26,492 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Glenn Beck is a Never Trumper and has transitioned into a liberal over the past 2 years pretty much.
Did you mistype?

Beck a liberal?

He endorsed Cruz and every time I hear him he is advocating smaller government or conservative/libertarian ideas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies