Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 05:54 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Interesting conspiracy theory. We have three of them now.
1.) Anarchists with no liberal beliefs whatsoever have consistently infiltrated the ranks of liberals protesting on campuses. They are the only ones engaging in violence and destructive behavior.
2.) Soros and other rich Democrats hire all liberal protestors.
3.) Extremist conservatives are infiltrating liberal protests and they are the ones beating people up, smashing stuff and setting things on fire.

I'm kinda surprised that the trilateral council or space aliens haven't featured yet.

Occam's Razor suggests that all of the above are hogwash. The simplest and most likely explanation: Liberal protesters -- especially those that are very young and passionate -- let their passion for defending their point of view get out of hand, so they lose their damn minds and go a bit berserk. Mob mentality 101.
Great sane and rational post. I think it is exactly what it looks like.
---------------------------------------
Robert Reich is a nice little old man, I suppose, but he's produced some fruity ideas over the years.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Oh CNN. You've managed to outdo yourselves once again.

Bravo loons!

Old 02-03-2017, 06:03 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
To continue with what I previously wrote, when Kellyanne Conway mistakenly said there was "a massacre" in Bowling Green KY (she lied IMO but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt) she was on MSNBC talking to Chris Matthews. She's also been a guest on the Rachel Maddow show on MSNBC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Glenn Beck is a Never Trumper and has transitioned into a liberal over the past 2 years pretty much.
Just because he didn't support Trump, it doesn't mean he's a liberal. When George Will wrote an article that criticized Trump, I read the same thing on this board. Same with Charles Krauthammer and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skezo View Post
Trump was even on Don Lemons show before atleast calling in. He was on every show. The media didn't give him free coverage, he took every interview and opportunity he could get even when he knew he would get grilled and it would be hostile.
What do you mean, "the media didn't give him free coverage?"

I disagree that Trump was treated unfairly as indicated above. It's not "hostile" to ask questions that every presidential candidate should be able to answer. He appeared on more shows than any other candidate and it was the other Republican candidates who were complaining! He was on "Meet The Press" almost every Sunday. If he didn't want to be asked questions by Chuck Todd, he didn't have to call in to be interviewed over and over again. Trump loves the spotlight and if it weren't for all the media attention, he probably wouldn't have won.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:04 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
I hate Don Lemon. HE is an agitator. And Reich is a conspiracy theory fool, this is just crazy talk.
Its no wonder their ratings are in the toilet.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:04 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
How does he support Obama?

He said he considered voting for Hillary for half a second, but then realized he couldn't - so he voted 3rd party.

He doesn't trust Trump. That doesn't make him not a conservative.
Michiganmoon, leaving out the anti Trump stuff, the few times I have heard Beck speak lately, he has seemed to have transformed. I have seen him apologize for his past conservative statements, or at the very least, claim that he was "wrong" and that he sees things differently now.

Personally, I wasn't a fan when he was a conservative, and I am less of a fan now. I don't like Rush either. I think he is a blowhard, just like Beck used to be. I think Beck is a showman first and foremost, and if turning liberal will bring him more attention, that is exactly what he will do.

In another thread, I likened him to WWF wrestlers that were once good guys, but then rebranded themselves as bad guys. And vice versa.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:05 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
I can't watch the freak Lemon. I'll take your word for it.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:05 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
Fine, fair enough. It's not the whole Left.

But there is some element prevalent in Leftist ideology that breeds this kind of violent suppression of Free Speech.

Conservatives protest, but you don't see anything from Conservatives like what you are seeing now from some elements of the American Left.....

Maybe "The Left" doesn't condone the actions of the Berkley terrorists, but let me ask you this; How many Leftists are willing to come out publicly and defend Milo? Not his words or ideas, but defend just his basic right to articulate and express those words and ideas? The answer? Practically none. So even if it's not the entire Left movement using these tactics, their silence is tant amount to a tacit acceptance of them...
Not many.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:10 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,119,808 times
Default Ben Shapiro on Milo at UC Berkeley

Ben who has a friendly rivalry with Milo shares his perspective on the riots.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:11 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
I disagree that Trump was treated unfairly as indicated above. It's not "hostile" to ask questions that every presidential candidate should be able to answer. He appeared on more shows than any other candidate and it was the other Republican candidates who were complaining! He was on "Meet The Press" almost every Sunday. If he didn't want to be asked questions by Chuck Todd, he didn't have to call in to be interviewed over and over again. Trump loves the spotlight and if it weren't for all the media attention, he probably wouldn't have won.
Let's be fair though. I saw several media personalities address this because they were criticized for giving Trump more interviews. They said, several of them, they sent the same number of requests to Clinton as they did to Trump (as well as other primary candidates). Trump always said yes, Clinton said no almost universally. I think they would have loved to give her more air time but she declined to do so. So really, the answer is that Trump was far more media savvy than both Clinton and his primary opponents. That's just good strategy; superior to Clinton's and his other opponents. The others were given the same opportunity, they chose not to capitalize on it for whatever reason and Trump did. Can't blame him for utilizing what the others chose to turn down.

Old 02-03-2017, 06:22 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,120 times
Dangerous ******.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies