Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 03:41 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Off the top of my head I believe Russia has fairly cordial relations with Iran. But besides Russia I can't think of another major power. Also before someone says ISIS, arent they assisting the Syrian government in combating ISIS.
I don't think Russia cares all that much. Their military is busy in Ukraine and while they might bluster they recognize that Iran like No Korea are due for a beat down.

I predict the mullahs will attack a ship rather than launch another missile. The USA will respond with a resounding beat down on those and their ships. Iran will posture and bluster and ready themselves yet I highly doubt that they will take another step if the USA hits them hard the first time.

The USA is the new kid on the block with something to prove.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
Yeah.

In the market to buy a bridge?

Old 02-02-2017, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyPeopleAreSayin View Post
Putin will gladly allow Trump to get in war with Iran. Russians want Ukraine and Eastern Europe, as long as US/West is focused on something else, it works for Russia. Russians dont care about Iran as much as annexing Eastern Europe.
Putin would not invade any country in Europe. That's a death wish.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:44 PM

67 posts, read 51,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Who's gon stop him? if US leaves it be, Russia can take over all those baltic states and nobody will do anything. Their armies are no match.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:45 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
define "In Europe". Estonia might make the list for example. (I've been there-its a nice place)

Old 02-02-2017, 03:51 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Yay...lets create another power vacuum and further destabilize the Middle East. I feel like I am living in the twilight zone. This cannot be real.
You're forgetting that it was Iran that launched the missle.
Iran is preparing to become a theocratic nuclear power and your concern is "god please don't destabilize the Middle East!".
Talk about an understatement.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:12 PM

8,501 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Doubt it. Iran cant survive a war with us. I suspect if there is military action Trump will just have a ohio class missile conversion drop a few dozen tomahawks on the launch site. And that will be that. If Iran chooses to escalate they will regret it. They will whine and moan on the international stage, and no one will care.
There some other issues to consider.

1. Internal Iranian politics, specifically the ongoing struggle between Iranian moderates and the radical Ayatollahs. Current rhetoric from the WH cannot be a plus here.

2. Israel bombed and destroyed a Syrian reactor site with conventional weapons. Iran learned from that. All their research sites and locations with nuclear potential are hardened and immune from conventional weapons. It is believed that the US has developed a thermo-nuclear bunker busting bomb specifically to attack such targets. So yes, conflict with Iran could put us in the position of employing these weapons. And imagine US standing in the world if we use them.

3. The reported CIA assessment at the time of 911 was that only three entities had the resources to pull off a terror attack of that magnitude - Al Qaeda and two entities that could sponsor state-terrorism - Iraq and Iran. Two of those have been decimated (although N. Korea probably is an unknown). That leaves Iran.

Take observations or variables like these then overlay them with the jockeying for position that Trump's Presidency brought about within the US - Israel - Russia - Syria - Iranian axes. Trump appears to have worldwide aspirations for change that match the domestic. That he may well rely for advice more on Bannon and Flynn is problematic.

This ^^^ all is much more concerning than the possibility of a terror act committed by an odd Syrian refugee.

Last edited by EveryLady; 02-02-2017 at 04:28 PM..

Old 02-02-2017, 04:14 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
You're forgetting that it was Iran that launched the missle.
Iran is preparing to become a theocratic nuclear power and your concern is "god please don't destabilize the Middle East!".
Talk about an understatement.
You're forgetting there is nothing in our agreement with Iran that forbids it.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 PM

Putin knows that the US, France, Germany, England would wipe out any attempts to come into Europe.

Old 02-02-2017, 04:18 PM

67 posts, read 51,940 times
Quote:
Putin knows that the US, France, Germany, England would wipe out any attempts to come into Europe.
Trump is not touching Putin and you know it. France, Germany is no match for Russia. Baltic states are done. Putin will take them over and Europe will raise noise, and that's where it ends. All talk no action. Not only Russia's military is more poweful, all they gotta do is turn off the gas if someone is acting up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies