Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 10:25 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
I think someone like him serves a purpose in the GOP caucus. My only problem with McCain specifically is that he's old. And, given Arizona's tendency to elect Democrat governors, I fear that McCain dying in office could lead to a Democrat replacement.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ors_of_Arizona

Dem governors? Ducey's a Repub and so was almost any governor back to Fife. The only Dem was Janet Napolitano.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 10:29 AM

26,790 posts, read 22,556,454 times
His visible presence in Kiev, at a central square during the coup d'etat in Ukraine along with Nuland was PLAIN WRONG.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:32 AM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
Thank you!

I'm no fan of John McCain politically, and I'm certainly no proponent of war, but I give the man credit for having fought for his country and having survived being a POW. He, at least, walks the walk. He doesn't just flap his big freaking mouth like Draft Dodger Don does.

Does it matter to you Trumpsters that a man who's never served a day in the US military, a man who couldn't physically fight his way out of a wet paper bag (he apparently failed a physical way back when he was in his 20s) has the GALL to disrespect a US war veteran? I'm a liberal, and it matters to me!
Yeah that bothers me a lot.....I dont like McCain but you can't say he's a loser because he was shot down over Hanoi. Thats really not cool. He did his service and was honorable. He had the choice to go home early because his dad being an Admiral.....As a senator his time has come and i dont believe in lifers in congress.

I dont like Trump that much as a person...then again I dont like most politicians and wouldn't care to meet any of them. I think Trump will be good for the economy. Geo politics, well Obama was terrible Trump will either be better or much much worse. I dont let whoever is in office dictate my future.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:32 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,081,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
The man sacrified a lot,something Trump knows nothing about.

I cannot believe the audacity of Trump supporters in criticizing a war hero.

This is a new low.

Get used to it. The Donald knows no bounds when it comes to being a low life.

McCain will do the stand up things for this country--like calling the Australians and sorting out the mess the Donald created with the PM. Good people do things like that. It would never occur to The Donald to do something like that. Just be a good person; he is too busy degrading any and all that cross his path in order to make himself look good. Narcissists are like that.

McCain is done after this term. He gave in selfless service for this country. For you youngins, go back and read about and see the pictures of his time in a Vietnamese war jail. Few would survive that. Trump wouldn't even attempt; he took the easy way out.

Until you have walked a mile in his shoes, don't fall for The Donald's BS about how he likes his war heroes "not to be captured". One of the biggest horses a$$ things he has said...thus far.

(PS..I am a disabled veteran...if Trump ever had the guts to say that to my face I would punch him right in the mouth. He is lucky McCain is a gentleman).

Old 02-03-2017, 10:34 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Yeah they didn't drain the swamp -- they just added some new species of trash fish and gators....and folks are falling for it.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
he is a war hero and I may not agree with his politics-- but he gets respect- and I can see some here have NO respect for the military or those who suffered for your arses freedom-- and you talk about the left??

Old 02-03-2017, 11:34 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
McCain and his g/f Lindsey Graham. Two losers.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:47 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinette118 View Post
John McCain is still smarting from his Presidential loss!

He doesn't support his Republican colleagues or President Trump.

McCain is constantly overstepping his boundaries.

I think he has liberal leanings, he's always coming forth with a rogue response.

I think McCain is part of the D.C. swamp that needs to be drained?

President Trump supporters what do you think?

McCain is just one of many powerful enemies tRump cultivated within his own party. And considering his age, Mac more than likely won't be running for his seat again in 6 years. That makes him a dangerous adversary, because he's got nothing to lose in opposing tRump.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:28 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
McCain and his g/f Lindsey Graham. Two losers.

Why? Because they are not boot lickers of Trump? Why do you oppose people on your side having the principle to think for themselves and disagree with your master if they dont see eye to eye on every crazy thing he does? Who else is a loser? Kasich? Anyone else who wont kiss Trumps azz?

The losers are the asskissers, both politicians and voters, who wont question what their leaders tell them is right and correct.

Old 02-03-2017, 12:42 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well that's a rather large problem since to believe that you must also believe there is a rather large conspiracy by all the media, Trump has done his job well convincing those on the right that the media is the enemy. Since people believe that Obama is a Kenyan and that Sandy Hook never happened this is the next step.

Yes start using YouTube Videos as a fact, all it takes is one person to state that McCain is a traitor, no investigative article, no references yet you believe because they are telling you what you want to hear.
Stating that McCain was overweight is obvious proof that he was a traitor
Well, I believe at-chilles also posted something else in another thread. He provided another video, another link. He asked you very politely, please debunk it, you never came back say your last word

So you can all you want. I have the right to CHOOSE whom I want to believe. Hey, I am just as clueless as everybody else; I am just trying to be sane in a world of misinformation.

I've never said McCain is not a WAR hero. I said he is not my PERSONAL hero. Now, I have my doubts of what he did over there.

In fact, I know one Vietnam vet who is a bona fide war hero. (He is a really quiet guy believe it or not) I asked him if he believed McCain was a war hero. He said, "I don't know." That is what he said. It looks like different people have different opinions about him. I have my doubts too. Can I have doubts? The Vietnam Vet also told me even if I have my doubts, (and so did he) it is not wise to question other people's military service becasue everybody served is heroic in a way. So we can just leave it at that. no?

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 02-03-2017 at 01:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies