Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 09:32 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,473,603 times

Advertisements

I already planned to take that day off to have a four day weekend (and have the brakes on my car serviced). I'm not protesting anything, just using some of my time off around a holiday to maximize it. Even if a lot of people take off, how do you know if they are protesting vs just planned a nice long weekend with some vacation time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2017, 09:34 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,989,726 times
Is anyone else just flat out entertained by all of this? These types of responses by the left? It's a little like Christmas. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I don't know about y'all but this is like comedy GOLD for me. Or is no one else as big of a smart ass as me? There's always that possibility too.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:39 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yes, I've noticed that as well. It's gone well beyond protests to "I"M GOING TO STOMP AND STOMP YOU UNTIL YOU ACCEPT WHAT I WANT DAMMIT!!! FREEDOM AS I DEFINE IT!!" This is usually followed by a lazy reference to being a Nazi, a Fascist, or some other label they've been utilizing these days (something that usually ends with "ist"). This latest salvo which seems to have some issue getting off the ground if only a few thousand have committed seems cut of the same cloth.

Today I was accused of wanting to ban minorities and hating black people. I'm half black. I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell they came to THAT conclusion. Some people are just plain losing it. No other words for it.
Yes, some people have gone a bit overboard and yes some even committed crimes, they are pissed, or don't you get that.
Well, righties have been claiming Obama hates whites and he is half white so there is your answer how people come to such conclusions.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:42 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,288,658 times
Quote:
Is anyone else just flat out entertained by all of this? These types of responses by the left? It's a little like Christmas. I can't wait to see what they come up with next. I don't know about y'all but this is like comedy GOLD for me. Or is no one else as big of a smart ass as me? There's always that possibility too.
It just keeps going. That's the thing that makes it so fascinating and entertaining.

Can they keep this pace up for four years? This could be one giant experiment by the government. Either that or we're on a hidden camera show.

I have no idea what the end game is for the Left. Reminds me of that movie The Truman Show.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,073,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
This will clearly display how the popular vote does matter and that The USA does not accept Fascism.
Fire them all, Reagan style! Suckas!!

Old 02-02-2017, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It just keeps going. That's the thing that makes it so fascinating and entertaining.

Can they keep this pace up for four years? This could be one giant experiment by the government. Either that or we're on a hidden camera show.

I have no idea what the end game is for the Left. Reminds me of that movie The Truman Show.
Hehe, it would be interesting to see how long it lasts. At some point, won't they get tired? Reminds me of a toddler tantrum. You just gotta ride it out because even a toddler will tire of their own outrage at some point. In the meantime, I'm stocking up on popcorn because this stuff is great!! So much free entertainment. And to think I was getting bored with the P&OC board before the election.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Yes, some people have gone a bit overboard and yes some even committed crimes, they are pissed, or don't you get that.
Well, righties have been claiming Obama hates whites and he is half white so there is your answer how people come to such conclusions.
You would think the leaders on the left would try and harness that instead of sitting back and watching as these crimes continue. If I were a political strategist, that's what I would advise the left to do. Try to harness that anger or whatever it is into a passion for me as a candidate or for my particular cause. Instead, the leaders on the left seem content to continue to watch the riots on TV like the rest of us and say nothing in response. Odd.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:55 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,915,928 times
Awesome! In for some more laughs come 2/17.

Old 02-02-2017, 09:59 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,891,225 times
Quote:
You would think the leaders on the left would try and harness that instead of sitting back and watching as these crimes continue. If I were a political strategist, that's what I would advise the left to do. Try to harness that anger or whatever it is into a passion for me as a candidate or for my particular cause. Instead, the leaders on the left seem content to continue to watch the riots on TV like the rest of us and say nothing in response. Odd.
The problem with your suggestion is that the Left leaders have no real control over what is going on, they couldn't stop if they wanted to and I doubt they really do, since it shows how many people in this Nation oppose the trump. Will it eventually end? Maybe, it always has in the past except for civil rights marches and marches against the war in Vietnam, but this time feels different and the trump is stupid enough to not just let it die off, he will feel the need to respond and if it goes overboard it will have the opposite intended effect. Sadly I believe this is will all escalate until it results in fighting in the streets of America. The longer the trump agitates those that already hate him the worse this will get, oh do not be surprised that one or more attempts to assassinate him occur, he is that hated by Millions of Americans.
Is what it is and I do not see any magic pill that is going to get things calmed down. Get Ready, it may very well get very ugly for all of us.

Old 02-02-2017, 10:00 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,121,162 times
Sorry, but I cannot put up with reality tv in the White House for four years.
Every day another quagmire, another set of rants and raves, and daily doses of self promotion. Just buy your popcorn early in the day, crawl up to tv set or online and get your quotient of Presidential comedy and folly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies