Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 05:37 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,193,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Every president in the last 40 years have told Israel the settlements is an obstacle to peace. Before Trump became president he seemed ok with the settlements, and with whatever else Israel wanted to do, but not it looks like someone has educated him on the basics. The longer he sits in the WH, the more of Obamas foreign policy he will adopt.
The Defense Secretary is in Korea pledging eternal support for our defense treaties with S. Korea. Trump is morphing into Obama in many ways on foreign entanglements much the same as Obama morphed into Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 05:46 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,573,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
The will never be Peace in the Middle East until every Jew and Christian are gone or dead. If we are not a Muslim we are a infidel. Settlements are just another excuse in the long list of excuses Muslims use in Israel. Westerners are so naive when it comes to ME Islam that they are be taken over from within. The Muslim Brotherhood started in the early 1920's when there was no Israel to attack Jews. The PLO attacked Jordan in 1970 where there were no Jews. The PLO attacked the Christians in Lebanon in the 70's where there were no Jews.
Years ago, Jews and Muslims lived together in the area in peace. So it's not true that Muslims, at least at that time, insisted that they be the only ones living there.

I think the problems started when the Jews declared they owned the entire area, and bulldozed down Muslim's homes and took that property and built their own homes there, causing the Muslims to become homeless and destitute, having lost their property that the families had owned for centuries.

I love the Jewish people, but they did some bad things in the area after WWII. The Americans took the Jews' side....and now we have a problem with terrorism that started in that conflicted area.

That's my understanding. I think they should be able to share the area, but neither side will give up anything, now. There's particular discord pertaining to Jerusalem.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:47 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
He also doublecrossed Putin yesterday at the UN.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:48 AM

10,226 posts, read 7,573,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The Defense Secretary is in Korea pledging eternal support for our defense treaties with S. Korea. Trump is morphing into Obama in many ways on foreign entanglements much the same as Obama morphed into Bush.
Neither Obama nor Bush spoke rudely and yelled at other ally foreign leaders and hung up on them or tweeted negative things about them. Or made our allies more like enemies, while flattering and fawning over Russia, a non-ally who is against the U.S.'s goals, objectives, ideology, philosophy, and democracy.

But this is what Trump supporters wanted. So it is what it is.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:49 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Do any of you think this will be the last time Trump goes back on his word?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:50 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Maybe he just misunderstood, but Benjie N. must have felt pretty good after his chat with Trump last week. He announced a big housing project on the West Bank figuring Trump would not diss him over it like Obama did. Ooops. Trump stabbed him in the back. Will Net. cancel his upcoming trip to meet Trump? Will he try to whine to Congress again? Did Putin make this call?

U.S. Warns Israel to Stop Announcing New West Bank Settlements - NBC News
I don't trust NBC news or any of the Leftist media. They usually get everything wrong and put their Leftist spin on it.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:51 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Do any of you think this will be the last time Trump goes back on his word?
Let's hope not. My guess is Mattiss and Tillerson have threatened to walk out if Trump pursues most of his campaign threats. Trump has NO core beliefs, but he hates humiliation and having Cabinet Secretaries quit would be a major repudiation/embarrassment.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:54 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I don't trust NBC news or any of the Leftist media. They usually get everything wrong and put their Leftist spin on it.

By "leftist spin" you mean facts , right?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:54 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
He also doublecrossed Putin yesterday at the UN.

Leopard still can't change its spots.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,727,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. You must certainly put them to death. _____ Deuteronomy 13

Muslims don't have all the fun in condemning people to death under the "My God is better than your God" BS.
A little off topic, but since you brought it up a little tangent won't hurt:

Muslims and Jews share the same physical Grandfather who was Abraham. Muslims follow the lineage to Ishmael who was the bastard son of a slave mother. Thus they do have the same G-d. It's their relationship that is different since as their relation is one of a Master/Slave rather than a Father/Son after the Quran was written.

Sura 5:18

And (both) the Jews and the Christians say: "We are the children of Allah and His loved ones." Say: "Why then does He punish you for your sins?" Nay, you are but human beings, of those He has created, He forgives whom He wills and He punishes whom He wills. And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them, and to Him is the return (of all).

You can see from the Quranic verse above that Muhammad refused to accept Christians and Jews as God’s children because He disciplined them. However, both the Old and New Testaments Bible teach that a loving father disciplines his children.

Hebrews 12:7-11

Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.

Jeremiah 31:18, 19

"I have surely heard Ephraim's moaning: ‘You disciplined me like an unruly calf, and I have been disciplined. Restore me, and I will return, because you are the LORD my God. After I strayed, I repented; after I came to understand, I beat my breast. I was ashamed and humiliated because I bore the disgrace of my youth.'"

Thus your biblical statement is false in relation from Jews view of Muslims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies