Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2017, 09:27 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Logic is flawed.

U.S. Liberals at Record 24%, but Still Trail Conservatives | Gallup

The population is not comprised of this or that... they all don't fall under your fantasy world where they fall into one or the other group; liberal or conservative. It just seems that way in these forums because people don't want to put in the effort to discuss the grey area of topics. Its lazy logic to generalize people as liberal or conservative, make assumptions, and attack them. But I'm sure you know this very well.. lol

Not everything is clear cut as it seems. Maybe her line just plain sucks.... and her name alone got into Nordstrom store to begin with. Maybe it is politically motivated. There are many Republicans and conservatives that voted for Trump but still find his social views distasteful.... or maybe a combination of several factors.

Perhaps her line is better off at JC Penny at a lower price point.... They've needed some help boosting their sales.
People seem to only embrace poll outcomes that seem to validate their perceptions and dismiss poll outcomes that conclude something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 09:28 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,595,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
But she sure cozies up to particular Muslims...

Could it be because these are the ones that she and Daddy Dump do business with?
As to not violate TOS, here is a photo of another woman being cozy:

https://still4hill.files.wordpress.c...6-09-11-02.jpg

Old 02-03-2017, 09:30 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
It came about because of the list of Trump business enablers/retailers/advertisers at grabyourwallet.org

Article in todays WaPo on how signing petitions actually gets actions:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.44dee5776c18

Also go here
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pet...ont-build-wall
I use grabyourwallet as a list of where I WILL spend my $.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,441,003 times
The Trumps made it clear that they weren't worried about declines in their businesses as a result of the election.
I'm sure not many liberals would stay in a Trump hotel or buy the Trump brand but I could see Trump voters perhaps embracing the brand stronger than ever .
The clothing business in general is pretty tough and has its ups and downs more than most .

Old 02-03-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Maybe Merle and some of the other harridans cant get away with her look... fabulous looking girl is Ivanka..
She sure is.

Maybe that's why her father gave permission to Howard Stern to refer to her a a piece of ass before engaging in a discussion of her breat size. Who does this?

I voted Trump and did not drink the Kool- aide.

He's a pig.

It does not however disqualify him from being an effective leader. 2 weeks in is way too early to conclude anything about his leadership skills.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I don't think this has much to do with politics on the part of Nordstroms. I read that even during the campaign a lot of Trump branded products were seeing declining sales. Given that its a vanity brand as opposed to a brand with an overall aesthetic/design/quality identity I can see where her shoppers can easily switch brands. Her target demographic and family politics probably were not a good mix in terms of sales. Some brands like Chic fil A and Chiobani can weather these storms because the people who shop them are either aligned with their views or have loyalty to their product. Ivanka's stuff is really not different from what other brands are selling so she wouldn't have that benefit.
You nailed it.

There is nothing unique about the Ivanka brand other than the vanity label.

Her specialty is foreign made footwear and bags, more so than anything else. The average woman is unlikely to pop $350 for a purse, no matter the brand or their politics. They will however pay $55 for a knock- off of a vanity brand.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:40 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
I don't think this has much to do with politics on the part of Nordstroms. I read that even during the campaign a lot of Trump branded products were seeing declining sales. Given that its a vanity brand as opposed to a brand with an overall aesthetic/design/quality identity I can see where her shoppers can easily switch brands. Her target demographic and family politics probably were not a good mix in terms of sales. Some brands like Chic fil A and Chiobani can weather these storms because the people who shop them are either aligned with their views or have loyalty to their product. Ivanka's stuff is really not different from what other brands are selling so she wouldn't have that benefit.
Yes, let's hope so. It's a strange feeling watching these groups silence and oust people. "The change followed a weeks-long boycott campaign, organized by an anti-Trump activist group called “Grab Your Wallet.” The group demanded the department-store giant cease doing business with the president or his family.

In a statement, the Nordstrom representative said that Ivanka Trump products were being dropped because of poor sales. Its statement did not mention the group’s boycott effort."
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.8e6ea7d3b4d8
I read this ^ this morning and realized with the internet these groups can pretty much rule the world. It's like those facebook bullies who oust a former friend and tell all their friends she's been blacklisted. Everyone starts bullying them until they commit suicide.

Grab your wallet has list of anything associated with Trump and people can check it then make mass phone calls until they force a company to rid themselves of any Trump and or family association.
https://grabyourwallet.org/

Check it out^it's like a scorned girlfriend. Yikes.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Anyway, Ivanka will survive. She's doing quite well in case you guys haven't noticed.
Born into wealth and married to wealth.

( not knocking it)

Her husband's family has long been aligned with Democrat interests. They were the power fund raising couple behind Cory Booker's run for the Senate. Her father in law did some prison time for corruption when Christie was state AG. No surprise that he was abruptly cut out of the administration.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No worries, Ivanka's shoes will be hitting the clearance tables at Nordstrom Rack any day now, so you can pick up your pair of leopard print stilettos for 75% off.
Not so different than most high end shoes.

Terrific bargains if your shoe size is 6-8.

Old 02-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I thought of that too.... Reminds me of those emergency warming blankets. I'm sure it looks better in person.
That's a $5000 Carolina Hererra " warming blanket".

First Ladies, celebrities and those on the fund raising circuit have embraced Hererra gowns for decades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies