Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 02:27 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Really? Even if you think there is "bliss" on the right, you think that is the same as the lefts extreme violence, terroristic threats and national anarchy? Seriously???
Missing my point. To the eye and physically what you mention not even close to being the same, that we can agree on.

Let me make my point as simple as I can. Neither side wants to sit on the fence and see what the unknown future will bring. Instead each side believes they are right and the other is wrong. I believe that's an impossible conclusion to make.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 02:34 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's interesting though, you have to admit.

So many posters take the slightest daily political events as life and death struggles with everlasting implications for the world's future. It's clear that many on this forum have the same mentality as rabid sports fans; their entire future hangs in the balance with each play/at-bat for their team. They spew forth venomous tirades laced with juvenile insults but totally bereft of even a child's grasp of logic or analysis. Anger, fear, and pessimism fed to them by their choice of biased media feeds their primitive brains with daily incentives for hating their neighbors. And those emotions are so much easier to manipulate than it is to present a compelling viewpoint.

Politics should be viewed as entertainment. Because that's what it is.

It is entertainment, no doubt about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Amen and well stated. The extremes that are ridiculous. People criticizing every thing he does while others emphatically state how he's doing a great job - when neither is true. He just got in office and things take time before you see results - good OR bad.

I don't understand why people keep veering off the middle ground of being cautiously optimistic and hoping for the best. Everything turns into one giant _issing contest.
My fence analogy. Too many people run away from the dividing fence and hide in the shadows of the side they are on. I think that's scarier than Trump himself. I can equate Trump's early actions to the chaos theory, because many times out of chaos comes great good. It's possible.

The problem with the naysayers against Trump is history. It's too easy to go back 80 year and find similarities to Hitler & Trump. But they are 2 different people in 2 different countries in 2 different times, and no matter how close similarities are there is no way to know if there will be a similar outcome.

The problem with the left bashing (which in some way is justified due to poor, REALLY poor, behavior) is the right already thinks everything is great. There is NO WAY you can come to that conclusion now, not at the beginning of a POTUS's term.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies