Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 09:53 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
He is a Loser and he glorified the pot smoking as a everyday occurrence. Do you realize who screwed this country if everyone was as stone as his character?
How is he a loser?

He's had a life of success. Please tell everyone how he is a loser besides your view that him portraying a character in a movie that was made in 1982 makes him a loser.

I have a feeling I'm not going to get an answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 10:09 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,620,471 times
For people that pride themselves on having a developed education and critical thinking skills, liberals don't seem to have much of it when it comes to their own beloved vices. On one hand, they advocate for climate change initiatives and environmental policies to keep pollution from corrupting the atmosphere but then on the other hand celebrate marijuana and events like 420 that contribute directly to emissions from marijuana being thrown into the atmosphere (hello asthma sufferers). Then they chastise conservatives and other critics about the possible dangers of childhood vaccines but then shout down and diminish all the long term research and peer-reviewed studies being released from medical companies and schools about the catastrophic effects of marijuana on the brain and body. Alleging "big pharma" conspiracies. They make no sense as usual and are caught up in their own bubble of hypocrisy.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:18 PM

32,066 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
For people that pride themselves on having a developed education and critical thinking skills, liberals don't seem to have much of it when it comes to their own beloved vices. On one hand, they advocate for climate change initiatives and environmental policies to keep pollution from corrupting the atmosphere but then on the other hand celebrate marijuana and events like 420 that contribute directly to emissions from marijuana being thrown into the atmosphere. Then they chastise conservatives and other critics about the possible dangers of childhood vaccines but then shout down and diminish all the long term research and peer-reviewed studies being released from medical companies and schools about the catastrophic effects of marijuana on the brain and body. Alleging "big pharma" conspiracies. They make no sense as usual and are caught up in their own bubble of hypocrisy.
Big pharma is against pot being legalized because they know they will lose profits and could potentially put them out of business. My bil was dealing with the side effects of chemo. He had never smoked pot before but he tried pot and it did wonders for him. And this is why big pharma is against legalizing it. They would rather you take a manufactured pill which they charge enormous amounts for.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:18 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
All addictions are harmful.

If you want my support, you'll have to figure out a way to bar Welfare Pukes from using. I'm not subsidizing their addictions.
You already are, and have been.

Old 02-04-2017, 12:37 AM

1,868 posts, read 3,067,952 times
Quote:
He is a Loser and he glorified the pot smoking as a everyday occurrence. Do you realize who screwed this country if everyone was as stone as his character?
I smoke pot semi-regularly. I also work full-time (and never miss a day), own a freelance business on the side, take care of my sick father, hang out with friends, and go on dates. Oh, I'm I'm also a member of the planetary society.

Guess I'm a loser too.

Seriously though, I bet more people than you realize smoke marijuana. You only know about the ones who turn into stereotypical potheads because they stick out like sore thumbs -like raging alcoholics do. I would wager that for every one of them, there are at least 50 others who smoke and are normal, productive members of society. People don't exactly go around advertising that they smoke to anyone and everyone.

Pot really isn't all that scary though (no more than alcohol anyway)... unless you run out of food.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:25 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
"Government isn't the solution to the problem, government is the problem" -Ronuld Raygun

"I want government so small that I can drown it in a bathtub" - Grover Norquist
The idea that Republicans are either small government or conservative is the biggest lie in American politics.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:20 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
But the tax payers pay for the medical and mental issues that follow. We simply do not need to lose track of our lives and become numb and become burden to society.
:
Taxpayers pay for medical and mental issues that follow eating fast food. And millions have become fat and a burden to society.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:29 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,396,585 times
As per usual and the OP's post, the liberal concept of "coming together" is that everyone agrees with and implements their agenda in full.

Marijuana legalization has been discussed ad infinitum in this forum. This thread is redundant. The OP should have done a search rather than begin a new thread on this.

Old 02-04-2017, 06:47 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
For liberals who generally support the rights of individuals to partake in vices as long as they aren't hurting anyone, marijuana legalization is a huge expansion of individual liberty. For conservatives who want to see the Mexican drug cartels out of business and stop or slow the violence at the border, there is no better way to do that than to legalize marijuana to be grown and sold right here in the U.S., putting the cartels out of business.

However, conservatives for the most part have trouble accepting that. They see legalizing marijuana as something that will further deteriorate our nation's moral fabric, is against God and the Bible, and will lead to more teen use and more hard drug use. The thing is, the statistics have shown the opposite.

Legalizing marijuana puts the drug cartels out of business, reduces access to harder drugs, and makes it more difficult for teens to get than it currently is. Not everything with legalization is positive. More people over 21 years of age partake in legal states than illegal states, but teen use is down in places like Colorado. I would say the net effects of marijuana legalization are far more positive than negative.

Marijuana prohibition is also incompatible with conservative views on small government. Conservatives believe there should be minimal or even no gun laws, but want to lock people up for 10 years for smoking a joint because it's a "gateway drug." How does that make sense?

For all of the differences between the left and the right, why can't both sides at least come together on this issue?

As a Conservative, I support:

Legalization of Marijuana. (But don't cry when you get turned down for a job when you fail a drug test or busted for driving while high)

Gay marriage. (There is nothing in the Constitution that gives government the right to regulate marriage, but the flip side is you can't force someone to make you a wedding cake if they don't want to )

LGBT people using whatever bathrooms they want. (Use the same rules society has always used....if you look more like a guy, use the men's room, if you look more like a girl, use the ladies room....99.99% of people won't give a wet slap)

Legal Abortion (within reason, just don't ask me to pay for it, and at least be honest about what it is you're doing.)

Government funding of Stem Cell research (watched a loved one die of Alzheimer's disease, wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy)

So....maybe the Left should ease up on the stereotypes a bit.....ya think?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:03 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,896 times
People seem to forget about the state government sometimes. Many of the red states have strong anti marijuana laws and stricter alcohol laws. That's where social conservatives influence really stand out. Most social conservatives do want restrictions on marijuana, alcohol, cigarettes, marriage, etc. The social conservatives still have a lot of power and are likely the largest political faction in the GOP. Cruz and Rubio were both social conservatives. Kasich, Bush, and Christie were a little more moderate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies