Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:08 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,593,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post
If the OP was really genuine about his question, then I retract everything I said. And where are the large numbers of people supporting such actions? Most left-wing public figures all seem to condemn it.
I am considering the crowds of rioters and the crowds surrounding and supporting them, as well as the support in social media, as the "large numbers of people".

Quote:
By the way, when a guy like Richard Spencer was punched to the face I didn't felt any sorry for him. Of course, the intellectual in me thought that the action was deplorable and criminal, but the emotional in me smiled to that scene. I'm being brutally honest now.

Wouldn't you be smiling if a radical Islamic cleric got punched in the face by an American patriot while he's living some public speech around some US college? Didn't a lot of Conservatives felt the same when Trump supporters punched some leftist protesters in Trump rallies during the US elections?
I'm not a conservative, nor a Trump supporter, I don't know who Richard Spencer is , and no I would not enjoy watching someone I don't know anything about , subjected to a violent act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 04:13 PM

112 posts, read 59,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
I am considering the crowds of rioters and the crowds surrounding and supporting them, as well as the support in social media, as the "large numbers of people".
The OP was referring to the entire liberal constituency, not just the group of rioters or just the ones who support them via social media. That's why I say that the question seems dishonest.

Quote:
I'm not a conservative, or a Trump supporter, I don't know who Richard Spencer is , and no I would not enjoy watching someone I don't know anything about , subjected to a violent act.
Ok, it's your opinion. But I sure know that during the US elections, some people around here rejoiced when conservatives in an unprovoked fashion punched leftist protesters in Trump rallies. Ironically, they now say things like "violence is always unjustified"...that's hypocrisy by definition.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:40 PM

3,368 posts, read 1,593,899 times
Quote:
The OP was referring to the entire liberal constituency, not just the group of rioters or just the ones who support them via social media. That's why I say that the question seems dishonest.
The numbers are large enough to legitimize a question regarding the group.

Quote:
Ok, it's your opinion. But I sure know that during the US elections, some people around here rejoiced when conservatives in an unprovoked fashion punched leftist protesters in Trump rallies. Ironically, they now say things like "violence is always unjustified"...that's hypocrisy by definition.
I agree, an instance such as that, would be hypocrisy.
I recall seeing a video of one man doing that. I don't recall anyone rejoicing.

Old 02-03-2017, 05:15 PM

112 posts, read 59,143 times
Quote:
The numbers are large enough to legitimize a question regarding the group.
Look at the title of the thread: he only refers to Liberals. Which implies that he was putting blame or some responsibility on the entire Liberal movement just because of a few rioters and violent protesters.

Quote:
I agree, an instance such as that, would be hypocrisy.
I recall seeing a video of one man doing that. I don't recall anyone rejoicing.
But I do recall, both here and in other forums. Now I'm beginning to feel if they are not just some "Alt-right trolls" or genuine conservatives.

Last edited by robto; 02-03-2017 at 05:34 PM..

Old 02-03-2017, 05:18 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,187,137 times
Ridiculous question.

Trump lovers--are you proud of the White Supremacists, Stormfront and the Klan?

Old 02-03-2017, 05:56 PM

11,645 posts, read 12,872,819 times
As a liberal, I'm proud that these violent Trump haters will get him reelected again.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:30 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,665,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
The university didn't encourage it.
They cancelled the speech. They are suppressing free speech and teaching those kids that free speech only applies to people they agree with.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:37 AM

40,931 posts, read 48,965,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post

Anyways, all that said, I do NOT condone violence and vandalism as we saw at Berkeley.

Beyond that, when it comes to white pride alt right imbeciles, individuals or organizations like the KKK, I say, they have a right to assemble, speak publicly, etc. It's not something to riot over. Let them say their piece. For every one nutjob they might recruit, there will always be scores more people who are repulsed or who find it laughable.

But people hating Trump as POTUS have real points. He is a very intolerant man, and he preaches intolerance.

The appropriate response to intolerance is to not tolerate it.
Your intolerance is duly noted. Fairly hypocritical don't you think ?

Old 02-04-2017, 07:40 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,665,437 times
Quote:
"Conservatives, are you proud of your fellow Alt-right racists that shout "Heil Trump" and do Nazi salutes in their gatherings?"

See how ridiculous that sounds if I flip the script?

I suspect that this OP was just meant to provoke a fiery argument or in order to taunt the respective political adversary... I do not take that question seriously.
Remind me about when David Duke pepper sprayed people he didn't agree with.

Old 02-04-2017, 07:41 AM

56,974 posts, read 25,934,023 times
There are protests going one nationwide and worldwide against Trump and I doubt they are all liberal haters, generalizing over a few incidents on college campuses is absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies