Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 07:41 AM

31,288 posts, read 20,654,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Ridiculous question.

Trump lovers--are you proud of the White Supremacists, Stormfront and the Klan?
Did they pepper spray innocent people just because of who they voted for?

BTW, the Klan members have always been Dems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 07:43 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,873,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Did they pepper spray innocent people just because of who they voted for?

BTW, the Klan members have always been Dems.
Stupid People do Stupid things.

They are all Repubs now, enjoy

Old 02-04-2017, 07:45 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,509,840 times
"Intolerance" is an interesting word, and like many other words, it can be used to promote good or evil.

I believe in free speech. However, is it in anyone's best interests for someone to yell "Fire" in a crowded movie theater? No. There are always limits on our liberties; otherwise there is no functional society or government.

Certain actions and behaviors should not be tolerated, period, because to tolerate them means we increase human suffering, or we see our government taken over by a bunch of white supremacists. Appeasement doesn't work; Hitler probably could have been contained if other countries had dealt with him accordingly before he began invading Poland, etc.

I will continue to post on these ridiculous threads that say "all liberals" this and that. Any idiot who claims that the actions of a few represent the thoughts and feelings of the majority is trying to start something. And that definitely should not be tolerated!

Old 02-04-2017, 08:33 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,336,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
We like them as much as you like David Duke.
Ah yes, another KKK member elected to the Senate by democrats.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:49 AM

112 posts, read 59,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Remind me about when David Duke pepper sprayed people he didn't agree with.
It also reminds me when far-right activist Alexandre Bessanette shot a lot of Muslims praying at a mosque in Quebec.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:17 AM

20,591 posts, read 19,254,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
As a liberal, I'm proud that these violent Trump haters will get him reelected again.

You should be proud given a good number of people don't seem to understand this. Antifa if may as well be considered the Trump youth given no one will give him as much support. The biggest concern is if there is a like counter movement which would generally look bad on Trump. Given the escalation however I in some cases people will have to defend themselves.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robto View Post
It also reminds me when far-right activist Alexandre Bessanette shot a lot of Muslims praying at a mosque in Quebec.
Does it remind you of bad math? Even before Omar, the terrorist rate by Muslims was 6% . With an average population over that period of time Muslims made less than 1% . Since so many of you suck at math, that 6 times the rate. Islam allows for violence to solve problems and it shows.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:32 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,051,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
"Intolerance" is an interesting word, and like many other words, it can be used to promote good or evil.

I believe in free speech. However, is it in anyone's best interests for someone to yell "Fire" in a crowded movie theater? No. There are always limits on our liberties; otherwise there is no functional society or government.

Certain actions and behaviors should not be tolerated, period, because to tolerate them means we increase human suffering, or we see our government taken over by a bunch of white supremacists. Appeasement doesn't work; Hitler probably could have been contained if other countries had dealt with him accordingly before he began invading Poland, etc.

I will continue to post on these ridiculous threads that say "all liberals" this and that. Any idiot who claims that the actions of a few represent the thoughts and feelings of the majority is trying to start something. And that definitely should not be tolerated!
I agree and some of the Trump supporters are conveniently forgetting that he condoned violence at his rallies.

We also cannot normalize hate speech as that is how Fascism and dangerous and radical forms of government infiltrate.

Old 02-04-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I agree and some of the Trump supporters are conveniently forgetting that he condoned violence at his rallies.

We also cannot normalize hate speech as that is how Fascism and dangerous and radical forms of government infiltrate.
He condoned hitting back. What are they supposed to do, allow the DNC hired thugs to beat and maim people?

Old 02-04-2017, 10:18 PM

2,309 posts, read 894,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
A gun ain't going to do crap when the attacker is within close proximity to you.

I want to make this point clear because there are going to be Trump idiots who think they can confront an angry mob as long as they are packing heat; and then get their butts kicked.

A couple of shots and they would scatter like the roaches they are. That's how they responded to flashbangs and tear gas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies