Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 01:44 PM

36,659 posts, read 67,526,972 times

Advertisements

The gift that keeps on giving. Such blatant, outright LIES. I dont know what's worse, their lies, or our complacency?

https://thinkprogress.org/watch-20-l...d67#.14me2zr34
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2017, 01:45 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
I'm certain they missed a few....dozen. Pretty much when their lips move, it's a lie.

Old 02-03-2017, 01:46 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,727,332 times
What are you going to do about it?

Old 02-03-2017, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
I'm certain they missed a few....dozen. Pretty much when their lips move, it's a lie.
Aint this the truth.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Y'all should start quoting the Daily Kos, Media Matters and all those other "stellar" bastions of investigative journalism...
Man, some will just buy into anything that fits their delusions...

Old 02-03-2017, 02:06 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,966,065 times
I think this is part of President Bannon's strategy. If you repeat a lie often enough, people start to believe it. The whole idea is to shock, and by issuing so many executive orders in such a short time, it throws people off so that not much time can be spent on the last outrage. President Bannon's views on "blowing up the government" are widely known. Now he's starting to act on it to create chaos, uncertainty and instability.

Minister of Propoganda Kellyanne Conway can look straight into a camera and spout one lie after the other and not flinch. And some people believe her.

The idea is to subvert the three branches of government system so that autocratic rule can be implemented.

Thankfully, the adults in Washington, including Republicans and real conservatives, will start to speak up and end this madness. But a lot of the damage has already been done: business is wary of Bannon, world leaders are repulsed, we've fallen in stature because of the Muslim ban fiasco and the administration's ridiculous "America First" nationalistic jingo.

I do wonder how Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell can still stand erect, having lost their spines.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:10 PM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
The gift that keeps on giving. Such blatant, outright LIES. I dont know what's worse, their lies, or our complacency?

Pfft the list is a lie.

You know if you were a Christian in Syria, it was impossible, at least very very tough to get into the United States. If you were a Muslim, you could come in.

Syria

FOX: In 2016, almost as many Christian refugees were admitted as Muslims.

Form all countries.

So your list is lying, not Trump.

thread fail/

All the others are also generally lies.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
I think this is part of President Bannon's strategy. If you repeat a lie often enough, people start to believe it. The whole idea is to shock, and by issuing so many executive orders in such a short time, it throws people off so that not much time can be spent on the last outrage. President Bannon's views on "blowing up the government" are widely known. Now he's starting to act on it to create chaos, uncertainty and instability.

Minister of Propoganda Kellyanne Conway can look straight into a camera and spout one lie after the other and not flinch. And some people believe her.

The idea is to subvert the three branches of government system so that autocratic rule can be implemented.

Thankfully, the adults in Washington, including Republicans and real conservatives, will start to speak up and end this madness. But a lot of the damage has already been done: business is wary of Bannon, world leaders are repulsed, we've fallen in stature because of the Muslim ban fiasco and the administration's ridiculous "America First" nationalistic jingo.

I do wonder how Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell can still stand erect, having lost their spines.
Yes, you've seen right through the administrations idea of DOING EXACTLY WHAT HE SAID HE'D DO all through his campaign.
Heaven FORBID a person does what they've said for MONTHS they'd do and right fast as well.
I guess for those who've slavishly followed politicians down the rosy path to nowhere land for years this WOULD be a shock!

Old 02-03-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post

This is 100% Spot on.

Congress is just bending over.

Old 02-03-2017, 02:24 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post

Yes. This. Keep up the good work 18Montclair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies