Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:25 PM

164 posts, read 247,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Howard's narrative ABSOLUTELY fits reality! It also fits other accounts I've heard about Trump from friends of his. This was initially a ploy to get more money out of NBC for the Apprentice. That backfired when he made his comments about Mexicans and they fired him.

As far as working hard? He went out and made speeches, throwing red meat to the Republican base and the crowds ate it up and cheered him on. He's a narcissist so that must have been heaven for him.
How much work did he do? Did he bother to learn even a tenth of one percent about the issues he'd be facing and influencing as POTUS. He still won't even attend intelligence briefings.

You look at how Trump behaves as a candidate and now POTUS and it looks like insanity... UNTIL you view it through the frame that Stern provides. He's a narcissist on an ego trip and that is all he ever is or can be.
Cynical republicans use it for their gain to keep Hillary out and get their agenda passed but I doubt they can stand to be in his presence for more than five minutes. What's even scarier is people like Bannon who are using Trump to advance whatever dark visions they have.

and then there are Trump supporters.. They don't want to admit they've been duped so they will hold onto this fiction about Trump wanting to MAGA until such a time as it becomes impossible to not see the truth of what Stern and others have said.

People like Kellyanne Conway or Sean Spicer? I don't know WHAT is in it for them. Maybe they are just that dumb and believe the hype too. Maybe they only care about the paycheck, I really don't know. At some level they MUST realize the amount of BS they are defending and generating.
Your Post is spot on...touche' I have been saying exactly what you wrote for the past year. I believe Donald Trump is in way over his head and his Narcisissitic behavior will be his downfall. I am waiting to see just how much of his antic's the Rebublican Party is willing to take before they make a move or will it all implode? I hope we as a nation don't have to suffer the consequences of this Presidency but I fear we "all" may do so. Praying for the best but not very hopeful @ this point
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 04:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,664,723 times
I'll bet Trump wishes he could be crowing about how the election was rigged...and how his new season of the Apprentice was making him real money.

Instead he is saddled with this inconvenient thing we call the constitution.

I am fairly certain he didn't want to win. Without Comey and Putin he probably would not have. Now he is stuck with it.

Well, my belief in this country is long down the tubes...when a guy like GWB can be elevated to POTUS something is very wrong with our system. Maybe someday we will have tests of various sorts for candidates to take so that people ignorant of our history and the world in general don't get into the office and then played as Puppets by those with 1/2 a brain (their own admin, foreign leaders, etc.).

I mean - putting Rick Perry in charge of nuclear weapons and energy? You really have to be kidding me!

Old 02-05-2017, 04:50 PM

164 posts, read 247,192 times
My son was vetted more to become a State Corrections Officer and probably has more qualifications than Donald Trump! It took 5 phases with Physical & Mental Health checks and a backround checks going back to his teen years, his Taxes, his Credit reports, his GPA in High School and College etc,to say nothing of the academic's and Physical Training @ The Police Academy almost a year before they would hire him but Trump gets to be President and not only was NOT vetted properly/ NO Tax Returns and NO Blind Trusts? He is changing the protocol's and Rules and Reg's and not for the better, same with his Cabinet Picks, Vetting them?? It is insane but all I hear is you're just pissed cause Hillary lost..NO, that is not it I am upset at how this process went down and also the man, Donald Trump has No buisness being our President, he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, an actual mental heatlh issue and spouts & does things off the cuff that will cause us real harm, this is just insane, I am afraid everyday, hope the Rebublicans come to thier senses soon and rein this man in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I watched the video of Stern's radio show several times years ago, when I felt like getting down and dirty and letting myself indulge in his nastiness. But never since and I wouldn't ordinarily give him any credibility. But what he says about Trump seems to hit home. But could it be possible, that someone would or could, trash our country, just to improve his TV ratings?

It is clear that the writers of our constitution had no thought that a phenomenon like this could occur. If it was even possible to add some safeguards to the qualifications of a president and to provide a means to remove one, in these circumstances, it is sorely needed. There are processes to relieve a president from duty, but waiting for those who have the power, seems to be futile.

Last edited by jojo1980; 02-05-2017 at 05:36 PM..

Old 02-05-2017, 04:55 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I watched the video of Stern's radio show several times years ago, when I felt like getting down and dirty and letting myself indulge in his nastiness. But never since and I wouldn't ordinarily give him any credibility. But what he says about Trump seems to hit home. But could it be possible, that someone would or could, trash our country, just to improve his TV ratings?

It is clear that the writers of our constitution had no thought that a phenomenon like this could occur. If it was even possible to add some safeguards to the qualifications of a president and to provide a means to remove one, in these circumstances, it is sorely needed. There are processes to relieve a president from duty, but waiting for those who have the power, seems to be futile.
I agree with you that what Stern says seems correct. I was never a Stern fan but obviously Donald was as he appeared on the show often enough.

But, here's the thing. The writers of our constitution DID think that a disaster like Trump could occur; hence the electoral college.

But, the members of the EC did not do their job in preventing a meglomaniac like Trump getting in. They have just become a rubber stamp for the popular vote by state.

As such, they no longer serve a purpose and we no longer need them.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:22 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo1980 View Post
My son was vetted more to become a State Corrections Officer and had more qualifications than Donald Trump! It took 5 phases with Physical & Mental Health checks and a backround checks going back to his teen years, his Taxes, his Credit reports, his GPA in High School and College etc,to say nothing of the academic's and Physical Training @ The Police Academy almost a year before they would hire him but Trump gets to be President and not only was NOT vetted properly/ NO Tax Returns and NO Blind Trusts? He is changing the protocol's and Rules and Reg's and not for the better, same with his Cabinet Picks, Vetting them?? It is insane but all I hear is you're just pissed cause Hillary lost..NO, that is not it I am upset at how this process went down and also the man, Donald Trump has No buisness being our President, he has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, an actual mental heatlh issue and spouts & does things off the cuff that will cause us real harm, this is just insane, I am afraid everyday, hope the Rebublicans come to thier senses soon and rein this man in
I was thinking the same when I was watching the debates. It's utterly astounding to me that there is no vetting for the most powerful job in the world! Maybe after this debacle, that will change.

Old 02-05-2017, 09:10 PM

11,120 posts, read 5,583,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Spicer is just not very bright and likely sees this as a stepping stone. Conway doesn't really have to work anymore. I think she might've started out on a path with him believing he was a winner and he'd get in line once he won, but she realized after she'd gone toe-to-toe with people on air and defended him that he's nuttier than a fruitcake and she's in it until she can figure a way out that keeps her from looking bad.

Which is why she looks progressively worse every time we see her. So does Spicer. He looks like he needs a Xanax, bless him.
Think how bad this will look for Trump, when inevitably, these key staff members jump ship and try to save themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies