Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 04:42 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
In a few years, there are going to be many behavioral psychologists, who will have a field-day, analyzing these people who, despite all evidence to the contrary, keep on mindlessly insisting that he is the greatest and that the country will prosper with him. I'm thinking that a whole new disorder may be described, regarding this. I'm going to see if I can coin a name for it. I don't think that the old name of "mass-delusion", can do it justice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Orange pox?
There is also a tie-in to the phenomenon described in the book, "When Prophecy Fails" When people have committed all they have in life to some type of magical, saving entity and then it fails, they are so desperate, that they support it with even more vigor. They make up many excuses for its failure and then set a new date for it to come to fruition. Many Trump supporters may start saying that, "Just wait until he's been if office for a year and then you'll see the great benefits!".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2017, 04:50 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Trump tried his best to not actually get elected.
But he was running out of people to insult.

Seriously, who in their right mind insults former prisoners of war?
Who insults disabled people?
Who insults gold star parents?
Who brags about being smarter than the generals

Somebody who doesn't really want the job.

IMO nobody was more shocked about being elected than trump.

But being the self proclaimed expert that he is had no choice but to accept the job.
Plus he has 60 millions ignorant people who worship him.
Lets face it that's all trump really wants. That's why he is mad that his audience was smaller than Obamas
He keeps alienating people with every angry tweet.

What kind of president calls a federal judge, appointed by a president, a "so-called judge"?

His idiocy and immaturity is revealed more and more every week.

Honestly, how can anyone seriously respect him? Once he's lost the respect of over half the country--he's toast.

I watched Pence being asked about that comment, and he would not answer it. He should have said it was wrong, just wrong. It makes Pence look weaker when he enables Trump.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:02 PM

11,119 posts, read 5,589,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Trump tried his best to not actually get elected.
But he was running out of people to insult.

Seriously, who in their right mind insults former prisoners of war?
Who insults disabled people?
Who insults gold star parents?
Who brags about being smarter than the generals

Somebody who doesn't really want the job.

IMO nobody was more shocked about being elected than trump.

But being the self proclaimed expert that he is had no choice but to accept the job.
Plus he has 60 millions ignorant people who worship him.
Lets face it that's all trump really wants. That's why he is mad that his audience was smaller than Obamas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The only thing Trump will walk away with is a handful of the most pathetic members of his fan base. The few intelligent (but misguided) ones will be long gone.
Poor Trump! You have to feel sorry for this pitiful excuse for a president. What is left for him? He will just get knocked down, time after time, by people who would be his allies, if he didn't constantly and compulsively alienate them. The blocking order for his immigration ban by a federal judge completely wiped-out his most significant move so far. He's learning that he can't have everything his way and if he keeps on using a scatter-gun approach to destroy so many important regulations, it won't be long before nothing goes his way. He's like a little boy turned loose in a candy shop, stuffing his face with every goody he can grab. What has he even suggested so far, that would be of benefit to us?

What will the rest of his life be like? Despised by most everyone and probably his financial empire will suffer greatly, as he won't be able to so easily scam everyone.

Old 02-04-2017, 05:31 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I never cared for listening to Stern, I always preferred Imus myself.
But I can respect him for saying this.
THIS!
Quack Quack!

Old 02-04-2017, 06:05 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
This is interesting, because Stern himself is under recent heavy criticism from those who "know him better than most people", for having apparently sold out, in terms of his personality and behavior, to the pretentious, social-signalling elite class.

It has been proposed that this was in order to get some key high profile interviews in before he retires so as to shore up his legacy.

In other words, he's recently lost a lot of clout in his traditional fan base over his recent behavior that has him acting abnormally and contemptibly toward people.

This outburst over Trump seems to be in parallel with, and thus to verify, the accusations of his recent willingness to pander to and identify with the Hollywood class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iguOZUlSjCE

Stern isnt the only Trump colleague to suggest this. The below is from Trumps former campaign adviser

Ex-Trump Insider: Donald Doesn

I was saying early on that Trump didnt really want to be POTUS, but just wanted to be in the news daily until his time ran out. Unfortunately for him, it never ran out and now he has a job he likely hates. We KNOW he hates any criticism at all , and he is set for at least 4 years of daily withering criticism and mocking.

Old 02-05-2017, 04:47 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Stern isnt the only Trump colleague to suggest this. The below is from Trumps former campaign adviser

Ex-Trump Insider: Donald Doesn

I was saying early on that Trump didnt really want to be POTUS, but just wanted to be in the news daily until his time ran out. Unfortunately for him, it never ran out and now he has a job he likely hates. We KNOW he hates any criticism at all , and he is set for at least 4 years of daily withering criticism and mocking.
That makes zero sense. If Trump really hates the job, then why didn't he pull a Ross Perot and simply pull out of entire game before or even after he got nominated. Why did he campaign so hard all over the country and flip 7 states from blue to red, crushing Crooked Hillary's dream in the process?

Old 02-05-2017, 05:47 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post

What will the rest of his life be like? Despised by most everyone and probably his financial empire will suffer greatly, as he won't be able to so easily scam everyone.
Stern said the presidency will be detrimental to Trump's mental health, because, "He wants to be liked, he wants to be loved. He wants people to cheer for him."

Trump lives in his own reality, bringing people along to cheer and clap for him at even the most inappropriate places, lying about inconsequential and easy-to-verify matters, and following Bannon's "burn it down" advice like the delusional old duffer he is.

His madcap approach to international diplomacy as well as his Muslim travel ban is widely reviled.

Trump refugee order makes the world worse: Column

His financial empire is already on the decline. American banks have refused to loan him money for his various schemes and dreams for nearly two decades now.

His resorts and golf courses are investment intensive operations that require considerable cash flow to maintain. According to several sources, bookings are down by at least half from 2015.

Ivanka seems to be the only one in the family with any sense at this point and even her fashion lines are being dropped by Nordstorms and Neiman Marcus for low sales.

Howard Stern was likely correct in his assessment that this presidency will not be good for his mental health.

Unless he turns things around, it is bound to be bad for business as well.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:52 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Stern does Trash radio well, but as for his opinions, who cares? This is a microcosm of the reason Middle America rejects the lefties.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:54 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That makes zero sense. If Trump really hates the job, then why didn't he pull a Ross Perot and simply pull out of entire game before or even after he got nominated. Why did he campaign so hard all over the country and flip 7 states from blue to red, crushing Crooked Hillary's dream in the process?
His ego took over and he didn't want to be seen as a loser.
I also don't think he was necessarily campaigning hard. He was giving speeches and basking in the attention and adoration. If anyone was critical he could have security toss them out or egg the crowd into doing it.
He must have loved every minute of it, I hardly see it as "work".

Work would have been actually preparing for the debates or learning about policy.

Old 02-05-2017, 05:56 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,975,530 times
Interesting that Howard didn't campaign against Trump as far as I know. Interesting that he is just now saying all this.

Stern is a sleazebag. I never take the word of sleazebags seriously. I doubt I am alone there. Howard made his living being that kind of person .. someone who said and did outrageous things .. and now you think he is the authority on all things Trump or anything other than perhaps prostitutes?

What is it with people deciding that 'celebrities' are smarter than they are - and should think and speak for them? Why do you demean yourselves like that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies