Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 06:02 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
His ego took over and he didn't want to be seen as a loser.
I also don't think he was necessarily campaigning hard. He was giving speeches and basking in the attention and adoration. If anyone was critical he could have security toss them out or egg the crowd into doing it.
He must have loved every minute of it, I hardly see it as "work".

Work would have been actually preparing for the debates or learning about policy.
Hillary was the one who didn't want to put the effort in during the campaigns. Not Trump.
Hillary thought she was the anointed one and didn't have to work hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2017, 06:12 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Hillary was the one who didn't want to put the effort in during the campaigns. Not Trump.
Trump put much more time and effort in but I don't think it was difficult for him. He's a huge narcissist and he was basking in the attention and adulation and like I said, if he received any criticism, he could have security toss them out. For him, that must have been heaven.

Hillary deserved to lose. She did feel she was the anointed one and felt the campaign was an afterthought or beneath her.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:07 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
I have been listening to Stern for decades because I could see his genius through all the juvenile humor. Plus, I don't get offended very easily. My wife, on the other hand, does and was never a listener. Then, he bought a home on the same beach as ours, and we would have casual conversations with him and Beth on the beach and in town. He is very different in person. He is reserved and respectful and even a little bit shy. Beth often did a lot of the talking. So my wife started listening to the show, and like most people that get offended by off color humor, she realized that his show was a lot more than just that. Stern has moved since then, but my wife still listens.

Stern is probably the best celebrity interviewer of our time. He has studied all the greatest interviewers of the past, and he combines that knowledge with his knowledge of psychology in order to get his guests to reveal things that they would otherwise not reveal. The people that get beyond the stereotype know this about him and listen in spite of all the other stuff.

As to those who say he sold out. He didn't. He just mellowed out in his old age, and that is not a bad thing. Sure, he has made amends with celebrities that he has feuded with and destroyed in the past. But he, himself, admits "I was an angry young man. I had a lot of anger in me, and that was my problem and not theirs." So that means he sold out? Personally, I think the show is better without the anger. The old cast members that say these things about Stern, only say it because they have failed to gain traction in their new careers and mentioning Stern in a negative way gets them back in the news for a couple of days.

I think what Stern said about Trump is largely true, but it's not like he said anything that I didn't already know. I voted for Trump anyway because his policies align with mine. I am against globalization, so is he. I am against illegal immigration, so is he. I am against outsourcing, so is he. I am pro Israel, so is he. I am against political correctness, so is he. I am for law and order, so is he. I am pro military, so is he. I am for lower taxes, so is he. I am pro choice, so is he. I am pro equality, so is he. I am pro gay rights, so is he.

So I am left with someone running for president who espouses most of the same things that I do. This is very rare. So even though I'm unsure about his qualifications and whether he will be able to get any of this done, I have to give him a chance and vote for him. I know enough history to know that we have had worse, and gotten through it as a nation. And the optimist in me feels that he might actually be able to get some of it done.

Old 02-05-2017, 07:55 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Not really HRC's fault. She was obviously in very poor health. It was like weekend at bernie's with her handlers carrying her from event to event. They almost pulled it off except for one collapse caught on camera.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:07 AM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,888 times
Quote:
That makes zero sense. If Trump really hates the job, then why didn't he pull a Ross Perot and simply pull out of entire game before or even after he got nominated. Why did he campaign so hard all over the country and flip 7 states from blue to red, crushing Crooked Hillary's dream in the process?
Exactly, of course he wanted the job.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:28 AM

152 posts, read 134,543 times
Yeah trump did a million rallies just to get a raise on the apprentice. Please. No candidate ever worked this hard to get elected.
Trump will be the best president (if you love america) mark my words.

He is not bought and paid for like all the other presidents.

There is videos of him dating back in the eighties stating he did not like the directions our country was going in.

He is the real deal and not going anywhere.

God bless president Trump.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:29 AM

379 posts, read 255,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
I can't figure out what I think of this. Remember when Trump ran for governor of NY, briefly, then dropped out? I was at a 2nd amendment rally and he showed up, then did a fly-by in his helicopter. Most of the crowd ridiculed him for that, and almost all of them are really conservative. Very few of them thought he'd make it through the first days of the primaries, and I was honestly surprised when he didn't drop out after the first few weeks. I kept telling all my friends he would, then I had to eat crow. I think maybe he's loving the power. Being this powerful may override whether or not Hollywood loves him.
Like I should take seriously what a filthy, perverted, misogynistic degenerate like Stern has to say.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:34 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
She worked hard. It's unfortunate that she didn't like large rallies nor was she good at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHillAmerica View Post
Like I should take seriously what a filthy, perverted, misogynistic degenerate like Stern has to say.
Just FYI - he and Trump are good buddies. Two peas in a pod.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:36 AM

1,160 posts, read 712,952 times
Amazing to me that the left puts so much faith in their entertainer news sources like stern, Stewart, cobert, etc.

Old 02-05-2017, 08:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Howard's narrative doesn't fit reality. Trump worked his butt off to win this presidency. In a few cases, his life was in danger during some rallies from the intolerant left. He put up with a load of crap and lies from the media and still refused to back down one bit. I have a hard time believing that he was willing to put himself through all that grief for no real personal gain. Everything he has done shows that he wants to really make bold and good changes for America.
Worked hard? He hardly worked. All he did was propose a wall, make jokes about other candidates and say things will be really, really, really good.

Trump loves Trump and now that he won he is simoly doing what Bannon and a few others tell him to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies