Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 04:28 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,628,749 times

Advertisements

Why do we do what? Talk about our immigration problem? I think she was trying to warn Canadians not to do what we have done.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:42 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Only because they are too ignorant to understand what make the US different.

It's really easy for homogeneous countries to ignore the issues the US has to deal with due to multicultural differences.

It's beyond their simplistic observations.
Is social darwinism a legitimate response to multiculturalism?

Canada doesn't think so, and thus it has done well at becoming a relatively successful multicultural society.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:44 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Why do we do what? Talk about our immigration problem? I think she was trying to warn Canadians not to do what we have done.
Exactly.

She was praising Canada.

Millions of illegals pour into the U.S. and less than desirable legals for 50 years and the natives foot the welfare state bill.

She was warning Canada.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish & Chips View Post

Canada doesn't think so, thus it has done well at becoming a relatively successful multicultural society.
Canada is a multicultural society?

I know it's Friday but hitting the sauce and posting isn't a good idea.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:48 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
CTV Canada news clip

Immigration facts

I was reminded of my resentment after watching the news so this is more of a vent but I want to know why Americans do it.

Ann Coulter, American Social and Political commentator, bragged to CTV Canada that Canada has "a lot of catching up to do" with number of immigrants in comparison to the USA even though Canada is 1/10th of the population of America. She did not even answer the anchor's questions (he asked one twice) and he refrained from correcting Ann's claims as a matter of courtesy and restraint which Canadians are known for.

Your media perpetuates misleading comments who keep Americans thinking they have more of this and that than any other country not just about Canada but the entire world.

My question is why do Americans do that? It is a common occurrence. We have nothing but good intentions toward you. We are peaceful, savvy, considerate, and compassionate, and do our duty.

Canadians are used to the USA lording it over us. But it hurts much more when the USA is so uninterested in us, their neighbor, that they think "the USA once owned Canada" (Trump), we are Milquetoast and did not fight or win battles in WW2 (2.1 million personnel) as shown in your movies and the way Canada is not mentioned as an ally ever and today..
There are nice Americans and then there are ugly Americans. Ann Coulter is representative of the ugly branch of Americans. Actually, she is an ugly human being.

Some Americans look at other cultures and countries and are interested in learning about or from them. Some are interested in asserting that Americans are superior to them, due to their own sense of low self-esteem and smug ignorance.

Please don't judge all Americans by dickheads like Ann Coulter. We think she is a d**khead, too.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:48 PM

1,147 posts, read 718,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Canada is a multicultural society?

I know it's Friday but hitting the sauce and posting isn't a good idea.
Prove that Canada is not a multicultural society.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:

Canada doesn't think so, and thus it has done well at becoming a relatively successful multicultural society.
Yeah, Canada is nearly 80% Caucasian/white of European decent.

Wow, what diversity, lol.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Prove that Canada is not a multicultural society.
Relative to the U.S.?

Old 02-03-2017, 04:54 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Canada already has problems with Islam and statements have been made to the effect that they will conquer Canada through the womb.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:56 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Canada already has problems with Islam and statements have been made to the effect that they will conquer Canada through the womb.
The US learned nothing from the failure of Native Americans to establish and enforce borders. I guess Canada didn't learn either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies