Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2017, 10:23 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
There are also women who may not be well educated on the morning after pill and other possible methods of birth control, before or after sex. I don't mean to sound controversial or offensive but we're talking about Arkansas here. How many women potentially may not have the education or means to obtain something like the morning after pill? In cases of spousal rape, where women likely fear their husbands, how many are going to go out and actually obtain the birth control? But then again, especially if religion comes into play, these women probably won't be getting abortions either.

I think the biggest issue in more conservative states is probably education. They simply may not know that Plan B is an option, and that it's a much cheaper and arguably safer option than an abortion.
I think access rather than education is the bigger issue in Arkansas. Many small towns don't have pharmacies, and the nearest pharmacy may be in a Wal-Mart. Issues of privacy can arise. More than that, the cost can be prohibitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2017, 10:27 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I'm not. I keep saying that either the woman or man can choose to opt out. How are you missing that?

You saying it over and over doesn't make it true.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:28 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I think access rather than education is the bigger issue in Arkansas. Many small towns don't have pharmacies, and the nearest pharmacy may be in a Wal-Mart. Issues of privacy can arise. More than that, the cost can be prohibitive.
Yes, I think you're right there.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:29 AM

89,004 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
both parties are responsible. it is a fact. a great deal of men don't use birth control for themselves, they leave it up to the woman. these are the men that don't want to be dads for the most part. if this is how they feel they can either use birth control themselves or make sure the women they have sex with are of a like mind before they become involved.
Yeah, well, good luck with that. Do you have any idea how many women lie about BC, or even go to extreme lengths to get 18+ years of $$$$$$$$$ child support payments from professional athletes?

Antonio Cromartie Pays $336,000 a Year in Child Support

Old 02-09-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
Can someone explain to this poster about the ability to choose not to have sex as a viable means of birth control?
That goes for the impregnated women, as well. No?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:33 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,186,136 times
Quote:
That goes for the impregnated women, as well. No?
The ones being referred to in the legislation of the OP? The ones being RAPED?

Old 02-09-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
A law that would apply to rape victims... which is what the OP chose to focus on...
The law doesn't only apply to rape victims. It applies to all women. And I'm defending their right to choose, as well as men's right right choose. Your point is moot

Old 02-09-2017, 10:35 AM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Yeah, well, good luck with that. Do you have any idea how many women lie about BC, or even go to extreme lengths to get 18+ years of $$$$$$$$$ child support payments from professional athletes?

Antonio Cromartie Pays $336,000 a Year in Child Support
good luck with that? it should be a given men take "personal responsibility" for their sperm. it is sexist and irresponsible to not suggest they are unable to do so. millions of men never have unwanted children.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Seriously? The local gas station or mini mart doesn't sell condoms? Please...

Old 02-09-2017, 10:36 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
The law doesn't only apply to rape victims. It applies to all women. And I'm defending their right to choose, as well as men's right right choose. Your point is moot
lol Why are you so stubborn? The thread is about the law as it applies to rape victims because it is absurd that a husband can stop his wife from getting an abortion in general, but especially so if she was raped.

My point is not "moot," it's completely on topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies